“Really enjoyed it here,or best meal in the week in the island”

Island Gourmet Grill
Ranked #19 of 40 Restaurants in Holmes Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Providing an exquisite menu that features true American cuisine in a hip environment, Island Gourmet Grill creates palate teasing dishes that guests will enjoy. Island Gourmet Grill is under new ownership. With its clean, Florida atmosphere meshed with traditional yet slightly modern dishes, Island Gourmet Grill is a fantastic choice for dinner with friends or a romantic date with a loved one, and the service and visually appealing atmosphere will surely entice guests to come back for more. Al Fresco dining is also available along with a full bar.Not only does Island Gourmet Grill offer a beautiful dining environment, but the cuisine is fantastic. Some modern Italian classics accompany array of fresh seafood, steak, chicken dishes and delicious hand made pizzas.
“Really enjoyed it here,or best meal in the week in the island”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

This place is under fairly new ownership. The owner clearly knows what he is doing,excellent engagement with his customers and he clearly has hired a quality chef. The interior would benefit from modernisation and the addition of some quality coffee would be great. Will want to return. people raved about the tirrimisu,for us the key Lyme pie left it for dead.

Scott S, Owner at Island Gourmet Grill, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for dining with us, and thank you for taking the time to write. Hope to see you again. Scott

Tampa, Florida
“Dinner Memorial Day Weekend”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Sorry, but it's the Good News, Bad News routine. Good news is the food is wonderful, great menu with many selections and well prepared. Bad news is the service was terrible, specifically the waitress. No smile, failed to introduce herself and gave the impression she could have cared less we (my wife and I) were there for dinner. We were one of the first four tables yesterday evening and there was zero follow-up once we placed our order. The manager/owner did his best in regard to service recovery. Gave us our wine for free but the stage was set by uncaring staff, most unfortunate.

Scott S, Owner at Island Gourmet Grill, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
So so sorry about your visit. I did notice you we not having a wonderful time that is when I stepped in. I apologize for the service, as you stated when talking with me you also noticed that she was overwhelmed by being sat four tables at once. Sorry to have set the tone for the evening. As the owner I am always on the floor to assist in these situations. I think we got you back on track but apparently the damage was already done. Don't let one unfortunate incident keep you from enjoying our restaurant. Next time in introduce yourself and I will make sure you have a wonderful dining experience. Thanks again scott
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent food, superior service”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Just enjoyed a great dinner here. Based on earlier reviews, started with the Caprese salad (good to share), followed by the crab knuckles, mussels (lovely in sambuca cream sauce) and the crab-stuffed Gulf shrimp. Service was prompt but unobtrusive, and the owner came by a couple of times to check on our experience. Family at the next table was enjoying an enormous pizza, but we were looking for more of a fine dining experience, which we received at a very reasonable price. Highly recommend, and we will be back.

1 Thank LidoLiz
Scott S, Owner at Island Gourmet Grill, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you from all of the staff here. We loved your comments. Scott
Chicago, Illinois
“Great food, excellent selection, very reasonable prices!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had not been back to Anna Maria for over a year and this place has changed hands since our last visit. What a great surprise! Romantic atmosphere with really good authentic Italian food. Wifey had the clams and pasta while I had the veal. Just delicious. While dining the couple next to us ordered a pizza and offered us a piece. Very nice pizza as well. We are going to make this one of our regular stops when on the island. Very prompt and friendly service and the owner actually stops by and asks how the meal was! Amazing.

1 Thank MoreMully
Scott S, Owner at Island Gourmet Grill, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your wonderful comments. Love hearing great comments. Scott
Naperville, Illinois
“They just do everything right - especially fish and seafood”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We have been to this restaurant 3 times in recent months and all were geat experiences. The first time was just my husband and myself - we shared an appetizer (scallops from the special board - some of the best I've had), a salad, and a main course of fish. All were excellent. The second time was with friends for lunch. They all ordered the chicken or seafood quesadillas - all were very good. I do to say one thing that could be improved - some guacamole would have gone well with the quesadillas. But that's not a complaint. But the star of the lunch was my stacked caprese salad with the addition of grilled shrimp. There was an audible gasp when it came to the table. It was that stunning. Great mozzarella cheese, ripe red local tomatos, and perfectly grilled shrimp artistically arranged next to the salad. I was really sorry I had agreed to give half my salad to my husband in exchange for half of his quesadilla. The third time we visited was for the Happy Hour appetizers and wine. The special appetizer was a stuffed pepper brushetta - the best I've ever had. We also had a salad and some very good pinot noir. It made a great light supper for the two of us.

We'll be back many times.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank bflambeaub
Scott S, Owner at Island Gourmet Grill, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. It is customers such as yourself that truly make it our pleasure. Thanks you again Scott