“Superb Food and Service”

The Feast Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Feast Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Holmes Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: The Feast Restaurant is a family owned and operated establishment opened in 2009. Brothers Joseph and Christofer Dale are the Chefs and Owners and you will always find one or both of them in the kitchen during service. We strive to offer our customers the freshest local and exotic cuisine in a warm family friendly atmosphere. We have a large selection of wines from around the globe and feature the islands largest craft and Microbrew beer selection. Open for lunch and dinner daily, reservations are recommended for dinner or large parties.
Reviewed January 28, 2013

OMG what a surprise. The strip mall location doesn't do this restaurant any justice. THe decor is a little dated, dark and drab but everything else about The Feast more than makes up for it. The menu is small but enticing. The nightly specials are excellent. The blackened Wahoo was delicious as was the ossa bucco. The mussels appetizer was one of the best mussel dishes I've ever had and the chocolate chip cream pie was outstanding. We'll definitely be back again and agian.

2  Thank Richard M
There are newer reviews for The Feast Restaurant

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stumbled upon this eatery during our wanderings around Anna Maria Island. Don't let The Feast’s strip mall location and horrid décor turn you away…the food is amazing! The walls are painted a rather unappetizing shade of chocolate brown, perhaps in an unsuccessful attempt to highlight the local art hung strewn around the dining room, and the tables are cramped. Although the menu may appear pricey for the ambiance, the service and the food are worth it! From fresh seafood dishes, to fried green tomatoes or pizza, all made-to-order. Try it once, you will be back.

2  Thank FLamingo_DNA
Reviewed January 25, 2013

OMG I tried black grouper (I think) it was black something fish and blew my mind. It was amazing, moist, tender. The lobster bisque is quite delicious, not an easy feat. I find most lobster bisque boring with a lack of flavor. We tried a scrumptious Malbec, surprise me!
This was our second visit and we will be back for certain.
BTW we ended up there because the hostess at Eat Here was critically unfriendly and unhelpful, but that's another review.
Peace,
Debbie

2  Thank Flowerchild1969
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We have stayed on Anna Maria Island for many years, but had never been to The Feast. After studying the decidedly mixed reviews, I purchased a restaurant.com certificate and decided to give The Feast a try. Fortunately, the owners heeded the reviews about the dark interior and updated things to a neutral tan. The good - the appetizers, fried green tomatoes and the calamari were quite good. We looked forward to a pleasant experience.

Then our entrees arrived! My pastel pasta was an overcooked glutinous mass with two rubberized scallops and some tasteless shrimp. My wife white pizza was not much better.

As I tried to pay the bill, I was informed that they no longer take restaurant.com. I told the waiter this was a very bad policy and after some hurried consultation with the owner, they relented. Bottom line - a less than desirable experience. Not recommended.

1  Thank IntlWineFoodSociety
Christofer D, Owner at The Feast Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Patron,
I am sorry to hear about your experience at our restaurant as I seldom ever have complaints on the food particularly the pizzas. My waitstaff and management are encouraged to speak with every guest throughout their meal to ensure that everything is to their satisfaction and if nothing is brought to our attention then there is no opportunity to fix the issue. With respect to the Restaurant.com certificates, we cancelled our contract with that service in August so they no longer were available for purchase,we have honored every one of them we have recieved (including yours) and in December we posted notices in the restaurant (on the front door, at the hostess podium, ect.) that as of the new year that promotion will no longer be active, however there are circumstances such as yours for example in which we do still recieve them. The waiter was simply doing as he was asked by his employer when he told you that we no longer accept the coupons. I appologize for the misunderstanding. Thank you for your input as every criticism gives us an opportunity to provide a better experience for our valued friends and customers.
Christofer Dale

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I would never, ever go into this restaurant (let alone take a group of 11 like we did) just by walking by. I won't lie, I'm big on ambiance/vibe/decor and The Feast just doesn't have it. It's in a strip mall, the sign could have been made in Microsoft Word, and the inside is very dreary... BUT - We've been here for the better part of a week, and we were looking for someplace new to go. Fellow TripAdvisor reviews were decent enough, and the prices weren't tourist-driven outrageous - so we decided to give it a try (upon my recommendation). As soon as we arrived, my suggestion was questioned, but the gentleman that welcomed us was friendly enough and eager to accommodate our party, so I/we decided to stick it out.

Our server was very friendly, but honestly she just wasn't great. Granted, I have pretty high standards, but it is what it is. (Forgot multiple things, had a hard time keeping things straight, etc.) Again, she was super nice and always quick to fix things - so I appreciated that.

Lastly (and likely most important) the food was REALLY good. Every single person loved their plate (fish, shrimp, pasta, pizza, etc.). It was easily fine-dining quality with really good pricing. For that, I was very thankful.

All in all a good experience - but with some attention to detail and a little extra effort, this could be a 5-star hands down.