“Great!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Anna Maria Island Beach Cafe

Anna Maria Island Beach Cafe
Ranked #11 of 39 Restaurants in Holmes Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Anna Maria Island Beach Cafe located “Where Manatee Avenue Meets the Gulf” offers casual gulf front patio and indoor dining on Anna Maria Island’s beautiful Holmes Beach.Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner we have an abundant menu selection that will please everyone! Famous for our ALL-U-CAN-EAT Pancakes & Sausage, we also have fresh omelettes, 1/2 pound cheese burgers, fish platters, colossal salads and kids meal. Every Friday we feature an ALL-U-Can-Eat Fish Fry.Come let the kids play in the sand and see a stunning sunset while listening to our nightly live entertainment and sipping one of our “Island Size” drinks at Anna Maria Island Beach Cafe’s Bamboo Beach Bar.If the locals love us — you know you have found the right place!!!
Florida
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is the place to go for breakfast. When we drive from central Florida to Holmes Beach this is our first stop. They have an excellent pancake/sausage special. The other breakfasts are just as good. The prices are excellent for a resort area. plus you can eat outdoors facing the gulf for a great view any time of the day. The free island trolley stops there whether you come from the north of south of Anna Maria Island. There are restrooms and places to wash off the salt water. Just and all around great stop. An outside coffee urn (reg and decaf) for constant coffee refills and pleasant servers. Caution - if you eat outside the wall, don't leave your food or the gulls will have dinner. They have protective lines overhead to keep the critters from getting to your food, but unfortunately when you are sitting on the sand, the birds know how to get to you and a word to the wise, do not feed the birds.

• Visited May 2013

• Czech first
Asheville, North Carolina
“Very good food & breakfast on the beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

When you're visiting Anna Maria Island you need to stop by here for breakfast. They are know for there all you can eat pancakes however their of meals are wonderful with nice sized portions and friendly service. I enjoy the Eggs Benedict with fresh fruit and my husband loved the very large Country Fried Steak, eggs and home fries.
It's nice to sit outside under the umbrella's watching the ocean and the birds and even the people if your a people watcher. There is no need to dress up beach attire is all that is needed.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Southampton, England
“Excellent and speedy service, lovely location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here for breakfast with our 2 year old son.

The lady at the window was very helpful and friendly, finding something for our son for his breakfast (me and him are vegetarian so not well catered for in the US)

My husband had the all you can eat pancakes which when they came were a pretty big portion so no need for a second helping!

My eggs were good but I was a little disappointed with the hash browns and personally me and my son found the pancakes just too sweet. This is probably just us though as I found everything on this holiday over sweetened.

We enjoyed sitting on the beach and the laid back basicness of the cafe was perfect for us having a toddler.

Even though I wasn't that fond of the food I had, I would recommend this place for breakfast. It was busy, so very popular and the staff were great.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hinsdale, Illinois
“Legendary Pancakes on the Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

A true Anna Maria Island experience. Not to be missed. A great value, good food, and you can't beat the setting. Come back at sunset for music and a drink while watching the sun set. Broad menu, good service, and decent prices.

Visited October 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“A Delightful Evening on the Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Early in April, my wife and I, visiting from North Carolina, had the pleasure to visit the Cafe with friends of ours, It was a delightful dining experience. They have a great location opening onto the beach. I had the Shrimp Boat and my wife had the Fish and Chips. They were both delicious. As the sun went down in front of us, I sipped on a Rum Runner from the Tiki Bar in the sand. It was the perfect drink for such a perfect evening. We wholeheartedly recommend the Cafe, and can't wait to return the first time the opportunity arises

• Visited April 2013