WINNER WONDERLAND

The Waves Apartments & Resort
The Waves Apartments & Resort
Ranked #46 of 70 Hotels in Hollywood
Hollywood, Florida
“WE WILL BE BACK...................”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

Gotta tell you, this place is the best. Our room was 150 steps from the beach, yes 150 steps and my toes were in the sand. The Waves is lile a slice of heaven, we are currently planning our return trip back to stay again. They even had the old fashion charcoal grills, we cooked hamburgers the old fashion way and my girlfriend loved it. I can still smell the burgers cooking. Like I said, if you want to go to heaven.......GO TO THE WAVES.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

I grew up in South Florida and, when I was young, my family and I would spend our vacations at the beach. This hotel reminds me of what I call Old Florida. It's not splashy and high tech, but it is quiet and has a spectacular view of the ocean. Now, I live in Fort Lauderdale and know the area very well. While my sailboat was in a boat yard, I needed a place to stay. I chose The Waves because of the location and the price. I couldn't have been more pleased. The view from my room was spectacular, Hector and Michele and their staff worked very hard to make my stay trouble free, the room was clean and equipped with a full-size refrigerator and microwave. As an example of great service, when I checked in, the high-speed Internet wasn't working. Michele and her staff came out at 9:00PM on a Friday night and had me up and running in about a half hour. The other guests were friendly and the overall feel was more of a community than an antiseptic hotel. No pool, but an uncrowded beach is literally seconds away.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

excellent service and amenities. The rooms were clean and the proximity to the beach a definite benefit.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Aventura, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

Upon arrival I was prepared to be disappointed. This is more of a motel than a hotel. I live closeby, but rented here for the 4th of July weekend for a quick getaway. It was very difficult to get in touch with the staff when I called ahead to confirm my reservation and ask a few questions about the room (as a matter of fact nobody ever answers the phone), but the lady at the desk at check in was very friendly. This hotel/motel is merely STEPS from the beach and my room was on the end of the building and had a slight view of the beach. This "resort" is located on the north end of the beach, which I particularly like because you are away from the local crowds. The locals and guests on this end of the beach are very friendly, beachy people. There were grills in well kept courtyard and everything was neat. The room itself was ordinary, but the fact that it had a full sized refrigerator, kitchenette sink, coffee maker and microwave made up for this. The room was clean and the hotel provides extra kitchen utensils and cooking supplies in case you forgot anything. This "resort" could use an upgrade. The beds are not very comfortable and the air conditioner is very loud. My room was at the end and the way the door opens out onto the landing is a very precarious situation; too many drinks and down the stairs you will land. It is very quiet on this end of the beach and the courtyard with the grills is a great touch. The landscaping is well taken care of and the grass is well kept. This place is great for a quick getaway to the beach, but I would do some major upgrades. New beds are needed as well as linens and it is time to upgrade to different types of TVs because the small one on the wall up near the ceiling was difficult to see and hear(it rained so we were inside for a while). New and more quiet air conditioners are now sold and I would suggest getting to that immediately because after a long day at the beach one likes to fall asleep quietly and these are LOUD. I would stay here again for a quick weekend because it was clean and had everything we needed, but it would not be my first choice for more than 2 days.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cliokitty
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

The Waves Apartment is located only a few steps away from the beach that is never crowded, even not at the weekends! The rooms were clean and the kitchen equipped with the most important things for a short-term stay. Arriving after business hours is no problem, because the hotel owners leave the key for the apartment in an envelope next to the office desk.
The only disadvantage is that it's necessary to have a car, because there were no shops or restaurants within walking distance.
I really recommend this hotel everybody who is searching for a cheap apartment close to the beach!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
sunrise
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2010

The Hotel is in a great location and staff are great."
My husband, 19 yr old daughter, 15 and 10 yr old son and I stayed here over the weekend of father's day The location could not be better, a few steps to the beach! The view from our room was amazing! We could see the ocean from our room.
Our room was clean and we had everything that we need.

The broadwalk is perfect for people watching, morning walking, roller-blading, biking, etc., and has excellent lunch options such as pizza, gyros, ice cream, etc. Were some volleyball nets up along beach. . Restaurant has indoor/outdoor seating with a bar outside with live entertainment. For dinner we headed to Hollywood Blvd, tons of restaurants and bars. Visited the Seminole Hard Rock casino, and that plaza also has nice restaurants/shops with a little lake in the middle.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2010

This is a great hotel. Cleanliness is my biggest concern and the room was very clean, quiet and conveniently located near a major highway. The beach is literally a few steps away. The room contained a full size refrigerator and microwave. It was much better than I expected for a value-priced hotel.

• Stayed June 2010