“A Place to return to every year”
Review of Marine Villas

Marine Villas
Ranked #14 of 69 Hotels in Hollywood
Springfield, New Jersey
“A Place to return to every year”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Both owners keep the place very clean and up to date and run a tight ship. The place is very quite and all the quest are very nice . The ocean is only afew feet away the front door.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ctenneen2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
WI
Reviewed January 10, 2012

We just returned from a wonderful stay at Marine Villas. We booked a last minute trip and several of the other hotels/beach properties were full. Because of the good reviews here on TripAdvisor, I took a shot and booked this property, although I originally wanted a hotel. I spoke with Diane on the phone and her kindness and helpfulness reassured me somewhat. When we arrived, however, all that was quickly forgotten.
We stayed in an upstairs 1 bedroom unit. (#8) Out the front door and windows is a beautiful view of the ocean and beach.
The rooms were decorated in a very tropical motif with bright colors. Full kitchen with all necessary cooking equipment. All the bedrooms have twin beds which they will put together to make a king size upon request. They did that for us, and we could not tell it was originally two beds. Before arriving I was very concerned about the comfort of the beds, but found them to be VERY comfortable with soft linens. We had a large supply of towels, and Diane assured us that we could have more if we needed them. There is a coin-operated laundry room on the first level, which we made use of to wash my husband's sweaty golf clothes. :) There was a supply of detergent, but I am sensitive to fragrance so I brought my own in a little squeeze bottle.

The location is on the very southern end of the Broadwalk. It is very quiet on this end and we had no disturbances. The walls are fairly thin, and if you had noisy neighbors it could be a slight problem, but that was not an issue for us. Also we sleep with a white noise app on my iPhone to drown out any noise at night. We loved being within walking distance of everything on the Broadwalk.
So here's the ONLY negative thing I can say...the bathroom is very small. There is no counter space to speak of, so you have to set your make-up bag on the back of the toilet. The shower has plenty of room for one, and wonderful water pressure. The bathroom is well-lit and has a little window to let steam clear out easily. But really only one person can get ready at a time. There is a large dresser and mirror in the bedroom, but at least in our unit, it wasn't lit well enough to apply makeup. At the beginning of the stay I thought the size of the bathroom was going to be a real pain, but it turned out to be not such a big deal.
Overall, I would stay here again in a heartbeat. In hindsight, I'm really glad I didn't book a hotel room because I loved having my own supplies in the fridge, being able to stretch out on the couch and watch TV, and walk to everything I wanted. AND it was cheaper than the majority of the other hotels I was looking at. A great value all around!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sunnygrl98
Gainesville, FL
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Just had a wonderful stay at a little known, but absolutely lovely and charming hotel at the south end of Hollywood Beach. It was perfect, very relaxing, casual friendly atmosphere with many returning guests. I was amazed that about half the other guests were there for their third of fourth time. After getting to know our hosts, Terry and Diane, I can see why. They gave you all the attention you desired. If you needed something they would try to provide it, if you wanted to be left alone they accomodated. We had friends coming over to meet us and they suggested that we use their grill and enjoy the ambiance of their front lawn overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. The beach is quite frankly one of the nicest I've ever been to and I've traveled extensively. Many restaurants and bars located on the boardwalk, but with a distinct family feel. The rooms were very clean, neat and organized to maximize your pleasure. Having a full kitchen is a great luxury and a money saving extra as we had many of our meals in our room where we enjoyed the fresh seafood available close bye. All in all I would recommend Marine Villas over the bigger chain hotels for all the local charm. We feel like we have made new friends and hope to visit them again in the not to distant future.

Room Tip: They have studios and one bedrooms, both have full kitchens, but if you need the bigger you should r...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Haarlem, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 30, 2011

stayed here at the first week of october 2011 after a roundtrip. It was nice, clean and I felt very save on my own. The studio had more than enough space. Just a few steps from the beach. It was pleasant to have a parkingspace after coming home late at night. I hope to be back some time. Diane and her son are very friendly hosts

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Marjolein54
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Great place...great location...terrific hospitality!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank camtraveller_11
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Stayed solo November 14-16 in a ground floor one-bedroom that would be very nice for two. This is less a hotel than an apartment facility that looks like a small hotel. No WiFi, but smart phones work fine. No housekeeping services unless you ask for them (a small extra fee). A list of do's and dont's which remind me of a house swap, all of which boil down to "please leave the place as clean as possible for the next occupant." I'm OK with this, because there is a lot of room here, it is very affordable, and the location is great - 30 seconds from the southern end of the Hollywood Broadwalk and its uncrowded sand beach. The unit was comfortable, very clean, with a full kitchen well stocked with pots/pans, plates/glasses, utensils, clean-up items (unit 1 kitchen reverses hot and cold tap, but hot water is fine once you figure that out). Shower bath is cozy but again very clean, with ample towels. Plenty of closet and storage space, with lots of full size plastic hangers. A free parking space is good. Upper floor units (there are four one-bedroom corner units and some non-corner shotgun-style studios here) are accessible only by stairs, and you need to climb a total of six steps to get to the downstairs unit front doors. Not a problem for me, but good to know. Beds are two-twins convertible to king, and very comfortable, with extra pillows on hand. Did not use the pull-out living room couch but it seemed fine. Fans in the living room and bedroom, and air conditioning works fine. Flat-screen cable TV in the living/dining room gets a zillion channels in English and Spanish with a good picture. The place is on one-way South Surf Road, and you don't hear AIA traffic noise. Not much noise at all, really. All units have a partial view of the Atlantic Ocean, lots of morning light, and Marine Villas provides beach towels and a slection of molded plastic and folding beach chairs and beach umbrellas. There is a coin-operated washer/drier (which I did not need to use this trip, but may use next time), a clothes line for beach items, a small lawn for non-beach sitting and reading. Diane is very down-home friendly; son Michael is a pleasure; husband Terry seems to be the quiet one. This is just the second place I've stayed in ten years that called me to confirm my arrival and arrival time - a very nice service touch. But since the office is not always open, it makes sense they would want to be there when I arrived. With WiFi and a simpler payment system (they now ask for and I willingly provided a signed, scanned form for credit card authorization and deposit in advance), this place gets a full five out of five. I like the place, and have already arranged for a five-night stay here the week before Christmas.

Room Tip: Corner rooms 1, 4, 5, and 8 are one-bedroom apartments
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank twoinmaine
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I just returned from Hollywood Beach, Florida. Marine Villas are a fabulous value and the room rated an A plus. Diane was a superb hostess and greeted me on my arrival and departure. The property is just steps away from the boardwalk and fabulous beach. I will be back in 6 months for another wonderful stay....

• Stayed November 2011