“Good bar and grill”

Ranked #70 of 607 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Bonny & Read's Toucan Hideout was born in mid November of 2014 with the input of Spike TV's Bar Rescue. Formally Toucans Oceanside Bar and Grill, which opened on July 26, 2004. We are located directly on the famed Hollywood Beach Broadwalk voted by USA Today's top 10 beaches in America. If you are looking for some casual dining directly on the ocean, we have what you want. Located in an old historic summer home directly on the Broadwalk, steps from the sand our view is one of the best. We offer an American menu with many unique seafood options, You will be sure to find something to quench your thirst with our full liquor bar and specialty drinks. We offer a menu for the small, disabled and four legged family members . You can enjoy your experience on our Broadwalk cafe, covered front porch or dining and bar area. For the sports enthusiast we carry the NFL ticket and offer specials for both NCAA and NFL games. The Hollywood Trolley has a transfer stop at the end of Taylor street for easy access without driving to the Island. We take pride in providing the best experience possible to our patrons. So as we say over and over, "shiver my timbers look who dropped their anchor at Bonny & Read's." Let our friendly staff take you to that special place.
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Beers were only a couple bucks. Food was reasonable and tasted good. They owners are from Philly, so I tried the Philly. It was good (and worth eating), but wasn't any better than some I've had in Minnesota (so I guess we make a good Philly up here!).

Anyway, if you're looking for a casual bar and grill with tables on the Broadwalk with good prices and good food, I think this would fit the bill. It looked like it was full of locals, and people watching is always good around there.

There are newer reviews for Bonny & Read's Toucan Hideout

Reviewed January 30, 2012

This is a beach bar. Meaning laid back and casual. The food is decent--the daily special a good value.

But mostly it's a beach bar. And it's a good one.

The location--on the Hollywood Broadwalk--is outstanding. The staff is friendly. You don't have to twist arms to get a drink, even when they're busy (which is often). The patrons are friendly.

The drinks are very good.

Beach+Good drinks+Friendly Staff=Excellent in my book.

Go there.

2  Thank paxMike
Reviewed November 30, 2011

on all my visits to the hollywood broadwalk I visit Toucans for the Bloody Marys! They make them the best! The bartenders are all very nice and its a good place to go if you want to watch a sporting event.. they have tvs everywhere.. they have a juke box for music playing and also live entertainment on the weekends... the owners are always on site and they have bucket of beer specials on a daily basis... (the philly steak and cheese sandwich) was the best I have tasted on the beach!

1  Thank lovemexico14
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Toucan claims to have great seafood, my spouse ordered the Mahi-Mahi fish and chips, that boasts 4 large pieces of fish, they were small and had over covered thick cornbread breading. I ordered a seafood combo and they bought out the wrong order and then it took so long to get the correct order, my spouse was finished and we canceled the order. The alleged homemade clam chowder at $5.95 a cup had very little clams and more ham chunks. The small cups of diet coke were flat and cost $2.50 each and the cost of the entrees pricey for the poor quality.

1  Thank mel c
Reviewed November 16, 2011

had lunch here great service and the food was excellent with an ocean front view

1  Thank beachbumclinton_TN