“Clean, cheap, plenty of character”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #52 of 70 Hotels in Hollywood
Dallas, Texas
“Clean, cheap, plenty of character”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I hound this property to be clean and well staffed, even if a bit rough around the edges. Luxury living this ain't. However if you are comfortable with something a little off the beaten path it's just fine. The neighborhood was mixed, but after taking several walks I never felt threatened.

Room Tip: This is a small property, so there is not a big difference in the rooms - although if you prefer les...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank David W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Georgetown, South Carolina
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Due to all the usual hotels being booked up due to a basketball game or something I stayed here, against my own better judgement.
I tried to be positive as I was driving to the hotel but on arriving I saw what I expected to see. The place is in a shady neighborhood and is run down a good bit.
The room was cleaner than I expected other than the dead roach in the bathroom light fixture. I did the full bedbug inspection and thankfully found none. The air conditioner was mounted high on the wall which required me to stand on a chair in order to turn it on and adjust the temperature.
Most importantly I did not feel secure in the hotel due to the shady neighborhood.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Dale S

Travelers are raving about these Hollywood hotels

Ellenwood, GA
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed one night at the Econolodge in Hollywood, FL. I didn't realize that actually charge your credit card when you check in. Most hotels use the card as a hold. I wanted to pay cash for my stay, but they said the method of payment could not be changed because they already charged the card. Wow!!!! The room was ok, basically what I expected from a low end hotel. It was clean, quiet nothing fancy, price was right, but the microwave and fridge in the restroom floored me. Who does that? Cook and bath in the same room???? I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank ROWM2002
il
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Not all that bad for spending the night before your cruise leaves. Rooms were clean and quiet, AC worked well and grounds well kept. Shuttle service from the airport and to Port Everglades were fine, no excessive wait, vehicle in good condition and driver was skillful enough. Check in and checkout were without delay. Breakfast was simple but adequate. For the money and a one night stay this was ideal. Went jogging in the local neighborhood and all was safe afterwards took a refreshing dip in the pool.

Room Tip: Get something to eat before arriving.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank room4u
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We booked this hotel through Hotels.com and were warned about the slow shuttle service from the airport via some reviews. They weren't kidding! We waited about an hour for the shuttle to finally show up. We got to the hotel late and found it was in a seedy area of town. We didn't feel safe enough there to even go out to get anything to eat. The room was big enough, but it smelled like mildew. The bathroom had mildew all over the shower tiles. The continental breakfast the next morning was a joke: Plain dry bagels, fake chemically tasting orange juice, icky food. There were only two little tiny tables in the "breakfast area." When it was time to get a shuttle back to the airport, again we had to wait for a looooong time for someone to show up and take us. The front desk person had to call the driver two or three times to come get us. We wouldn't stay there again. It's way over-priced.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kk999_12
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed this hotel befor going to keywest. front desk staff (Jay)very friendly and helpful
room clean but old need update ..breakfast was ok but only two tables very small area...otherthan than good stay

Room Tip: this is outside hotel so stay 2nd floor rooms
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank mow s
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed here Saturday nite, thinking it would be nice to save a few buck...boy was I wrong! I didn't realize how ghetto the area was til I was a few minutes away from the hotel. I got a late start and didn't arrive til 12:30am. There were shady characters at the corner of one street and another wobbly one crossing the street. I was worried my car would get broken into, but thankfully, it didn't.
The hotel room itself was clean but crappy. The a/c was an ancient one, not central air and not even turned on upon arrival. The tv was a big tube one and the remote control barely worked. It was spacious as there was an entire kitchen area with microwave, but I was kinda afraid it I was less than gentle with everything, something might break. Not all the lights worked and there was no alarm clock. At least there was hot water and the shower head was adjustable. If it wasn't for the polite clerk and cleaniness of the place, I would have given it 0-1 stars.
Next time, I'll not be so cheap and spend a few more bucks to stay at a more peace of mind place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple