“Wasn't too pleased” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 69 Hotels in Hollywood
Ellenwood, GA
“Wasn't too pleased”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed one night at the Econolodge in Hollywood, FL. I didn't realize that actually charge your credit card when you check in. Most hotels use the card as a hold. I wanted to pay cash for my stay, but they said the method of payment could not be changed because they already charged the card. Wow!!!! The room was ok, basically what I expected from a low end hotel. It was clean, quiet nothing fancy, price was right, but the microwave and fridge in the restroom floored me. Who does that? Cook and bath in the same room???? I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank ROWM2002

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Not all that bad for spending the night before your cruise leaves. Rooms were clean and quiet, AC worked well and grounds well kept. Shuttle service from the airport and to Port Everglades were fine, no excessive wait, vehicle in good condition and driver was skillful enough. Check in and checkout were without delay. Breakfast was simple but adequate. For the money and a one night stay this was ideal. Went jogging in the local neighborhood and all was safe afterwards took a refreshing dip in the pool.

Room Tip: Get something to eat before arriving.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank room4u
Boise, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We booked this hotel through Hotels.com and were warned about the slow shuttle service from the airport via some reviews. They weren't kidding! We waited about an hour for the shuttle to finally show up. We got to the hotel late and found it was in a seedy area of town. We didn't feel safe enough there to even go out to get anything to eat. The room was big enough, but it smelled like mildew. The bathroom had mildew all over the shower tiles. The continental breakfast the next morning was a joke: Plain dry bagels, fake chemically tasting orange juice, icky food. There were only two little tiny tables in the "breakfast area." When it was time to get a shuttle back to the airport, again we had to wait for a looooong time for someone to show up and take us. The front desk person had to call the driver two or three times to come get us. We wouldn't stay there again. It's way over-priced.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kk999_12
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed this hotel befor going to keywest. front desk staff (Jay)very friendly and helpful
room clean but old need update ..breakfast was ok but only two tables very small area...otherthan than good stay

Room Tip: this is outside hotel so stay 2nd floor rooms
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank mow s
Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed here Saturday nite, thinking it would be nice to save a few buck...boy was I wrong! I didn't realize how ghetto the area was til I was a few minutes away from the hotel. I got a late start and didn't arrive til 12:30am. There were shady characters at the corner of one street and another wobbly one crossing the street. I was worried my car would get broken into, but thankfully, it didn't.
The hotel room itself was clean but crappy. The a/c was an ancient one, not central air and not even turned on upon arrival. The tv was a big tube one and the remote control barely worked. It was spacious as there was an entire kitchen area with microwave, but I was kinda afraid it I was less than gentle with everything, something might break. Not all the lights worked and there was no alarm clock. At least there was hot water and the shower head was adjustable. If it wasn't for the polite clerk and cleaniness of the place, I would have given it 0-1 stars.
Next time, I'll not be so cheap and spend a few more bucks to stay at a more peace of mind place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank M C
Halifax, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Our first impression was that the area in Hollywood was seedy and my wife and I thought that would be enough to change motels. We entered the "lobby", there was a small table and a microwave on it and two chairs. That was the 'Breakfast' area. We checked in because we had pre-paid through Hotels.com but decided to see the room first. The bathroom had broken tiles on the floor, hairs from a previous occupant, dirty walls and the door around the handle was filthy. We didn't check the bed, we were wary of doing so, we just wanted to get out of there. The room was in an alcove and dimly lit even in daylight.
We went back to the front desk and asked for a refund, the manader said no, we would have to apply to hotels.com. We did with negative results. We paid $99.01 for the room.
We left and went to Fort Lauderdale nearer to the airport where we paid $109.00 for the night, a five star hotel that was beautiful,and squeaky clean.
Econo Lodge, never ever again.

Room Tip: For $10.00 more go to the Fort Lauderdale Hilton
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Graham M
michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Upon arrival at this motel, we were given a room (outside entry) down a hallway (which was gated) When I say gated I mean that if there were a fire, you would have to go around another way to get out if there was a fire. I do however understand the reason for the gates. The area was very seedy. There were people across the street hanging out along the buildings and at the corners. I would not venture out on a walk. The motel itself was clean and adequate for what we needed. Just an overnight stay to visit the doctor. Rooms had no odors everything was in working order. They had a pool that looked nice. ( we did not use but there were people swimming). Beds were comfortable. Did not sleep well but I believe it was the fear of the area.Friendly Staff.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gardens100883
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Sleep Inn Ft. Lauderdale International Airport
#15 of 19 in Deerfield Beach
3.5 of 5 stars 110 reviews
Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South & Cruise Port
Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!