“Will Not Be Returning Here”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #50 of 71 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed here Saturday nite, thinking it would be nice to save a few buck...boy was I wrong! I didn't realize how ghetto the area was til I was a few minutes away from the hotel. I got a late start and didn't arrive til 12:30am. There were shady characters at the corner of one street and another wobbly one crossing the street. I was worried my car would get broken into, but thankfully, it didn't.
The hotel room itself was clean but crappy. The a/c was an ancient one, not central air and not even turned on upon arrival. The tv was a big tube one and the remote control barely worked. It was spacious as there was an entire kitchen area with microwave, but I was kinda afraid it I was less than gentle with everything, something might break. Not all the lights worked and there was no alarm clock. At least there was hot water and the shower head was adjustable. If it wasn't for the polite clerk and cleaniness of the place, I would have given it 0-1 stars.
Next time, I'll not be so cheap and spend a few more bucks to stay at a more peace of mind place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank M C
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Our first impression was that the area in Hollywood was seedy and my wife and I thought that would be enough to change motels. We entered the "lobby", there was a small table and a microwave on it and two chairs. That was the 'Breakfast' area. We checked in because we had pre-paid through Hotels.com but decided to see the room first. The bathroom had broken tiles on the floor, hairs from a previous occupant, dirty walls and the door around the handle was filthy. We didn't check the bed, we were wary of doing so, we just wanted to get out of there. The room was in an alcove and dimly lit even in daylight.
We went back to the front desk and asked for a refund, the manader said no, we would have to apply to hotels.com. We did with negative results. We paid $99.01 for the room.
We left and went to Fort Lauderdale nearer to the airport where we paid $109.00 for the night, a five star hotel that was beautiful,and squeaky clean.
Econo Lodge, never ever again.

Room Tip: For $10.00 more go to the Fort Lauderdale Hilton
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Graham M
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Upon arrival at this motel, we were given a room (outside entry) down a hallway (which was gated) When I say gated I mean that if there were a fire, you would have to go around another way to get out if there was a fire. I do however understand the reason for the gates. The area was very seedy. There were people across the street hanging out along the buildings and at the corners. I would not venture out on a walk. The motel itself was clean and adequate for what we needed. Just an overnight stay to visit the doctor. Rooms had no odors everything was in working order. They had a pool that looked nice. ( we did not use but there were people swimming). Beds were comfortable. Did not sleep well but I believe it was the fear of the area.Friendly Staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gardens100883
Reviewed January 27, 2012

If I was not traveling alone, getting in late, and early am flight out the next morning..I would have left and found another place or slept in airport.

The only thing I was confident about with the room was the shampoo and soap which was still in the wrappers.

I was in the Army and spent some nights in less than desirable conditions..but this was not nearly worth anything above 1 star.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Pete S
Reviewed January 24, 2012

So we originally was staying at the Hilton beach resort, but because my flight came in late we decided to stay at a cheaper hotel that night to save money. Worst mistake ever. The morning we are about to check out my boyfriend found a NYMPH ( baby bedbug on my suitcase). The same day in the night I realized that my skin was itching me and went to inspect it and saw that I was bitten by bedbugs...now I got home had to throw out my luggage and wash everything twice and dry things. Moral of the story do not stay here! You will catch bedbugs!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Nicky M
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Serve its purpose. Nice shower, good AC, great service.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jessicaivette
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We stayed 1 night for 45$+tax (with a coupon, instead of 59$+tax). Due to the low price and some bad reviews, we were looping for bad aspects... But to be honest, the room was clean and the King size bed comfortable!! Everything looks a bit old, the location is not very charming (but not scary or dangerous as I read in some reviews! I didn't felt insecure). Staff not especially friendly. Good for a cheap one night stopover: you really get what you pay for.

• Stayed: October 2011