“Nice hotel.. remember where you are staying folks!”

Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Ranked #18 of 72 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I read mixed reviews about this hotel so I first want to remind people that you are staying at a HOLIDAY INN!!! Keep that in mind and keep your expectations relalistic. It's not Ceasars Palace, The Plaza or some other crazy fancy hotel. For a Holiday Inn, this was very nice. I stayed here with my husband 2/16-2/18. The hotel is in a convienent location especially if you are planning to visit the Hard Rock a lot which is what we did. (A taxi will cost about $14 plus tip one way) We stayed on the 5th floor. Room 528. Our room was nice. It was clean and the memory foam beds are nice but a little too firm. Big flatscreen tv, microwave and fridge were nice. Bathroom was good and shower pressure was pretty decent. Didn't have any issues with noise, however I sleep with a box fan running so I don't hear much anyway. We didn't eat here so I can't speak for the food but the pool area was nice and they have a nice bar area outside and we enjoyed a cocktail there. The front desk people were friendly. I am glad to say that parking is free and we had no problems getting a spot near the front entrance. The public areas like the elevator do need some maintenance and repair but I as long as it gets me to the lobby and to my room, i could care less that its a little banged up. Overall, don't be afraid to stay here. I am pretty picky and this hotel worked just fine for us.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool and if you plan to use a cab, take a yellow cab not a shuttle service...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
BillBakerGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I want to thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel and staff and I will pass along your comments.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Other than the decent pool (when the train is not rolling by), and the decent TVs in the rooms, this hotel is simply awful. We had 5 rooms in our group. The beds in the non-6th floor rooms were hard as rocks. One bed was so bad, we moved rooms after two nights to a 6th floor room with an upgraded bed. That bed was fine, but the room smelled bad - like stale air. The housekeeping was poor - with careless vacuuming and dirt on all surfaces. When we pulled off the linens, we saw what appeared to be mattresses well past their use life. All rooms were dark with far less than adequate overall lighting.
The front desk staff is a mixed bag -- one was helpful and two others were awful.
The housekeeping crew was rude - literally telling us that they wanted to go home as opposed to waiting a few minutes for us to pack properly to change rooms (due to the horrible beds). They waited like prison guards with their arms folded until we left. When we walked out of the room, they entered and slammed the door shut within two seconds of us stepping out. And, I do mean SLAMMED the door.
The compensation for two sleepless nights on a rock slab and poor treatment by the staff was breakfast for two at the horrible and overpriced buffet. 5 rooms for 3 nights was $3000 -- and they offer a coupon for breakfast!
Due to the cruise business, this place charges $250 per room on the weekend. The quality equivalent of this hotel is well under $100 per night. Clearly, someone is pocketing the price gouging, as opposed to investing in training or capital improvements or mattress replacement.
We will never return and definitely encourage others to look elsewhere.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Please accept my sincere apology for your stay. I'm concerned about the issues you have raised and have addressed each issue. We have in our Capital expendatures this year to replace mattesses. I personally dealt with your situation in the morning of your departure and have assisted you with all your adjustments during your stay. I have addressed all issues concerning housekeeping.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located a short distance from the Sheridan exit off I-95. Parking and WiFI are free. It costed us around $170 per night. The front desk staff was polite and friendly. The lobby was acceptable and appeared clean. Our room was on the third floor. The rug in the room was dark and the room was probably clean. However the room did not smell clean. The air was fresh and the window was stationary and could not be opened. The room had not had any fresh air for years. I asked the young lady at the reception desk for a room that I can open the window. She said no window opens in any of the hotel rooms because Holiday inn wants to prevent accidental falls out of the windows and suicide. She suggested that I should go outside for fresh air every 1-2 hours. The beds and pillows were very hard and the air conditioner was extremely noisy. We had prepaid for the room and would have lost all our money if we had left. I will not stay here again. This hotel has received 4 and 5 stars from other people.

Room Tip: Talk to the hotel to see if you are getting a room you like.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Farhad A

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Please accept my sincere apology that your did not enjoy your stay with us. I have addressed the issue with my front office staff about our permanently closed windows.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We needed a hotel room for one night while my family and I were traveling. We have stayed at this hotel about 10 years ago and remembered it to be nice and clean. We were not disappointed! It was even nicer than it was before. The rooms are very clean, the staff are very nice and friendly. The grounds are beautiful and all the amentities you need are there. We wish we could have stayed longer. The bed gave me the best night's sleep I have had in months!!!! I woke up refreshed and pain free! You will not be disappointed by your stay here. Comp coffee in the lobby in the morning, on site eating with reasonable prices. Close to other eateries and right off the I95. Will be returning here in April to stay again!

Room Tip: We were in room 206. I will be asking for this room again. Great beds. Not too noisey, it is facing...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your comments. We accommodate many guests each night and strive to make their stay a satisfying one. We are committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I picked this place based off the good reviews and the fact that they provide a free shuttle from the airport to hotel, and a fairly cheap shuttle ($8 pp) to the port.

Arrived at FLL 8 pm. Called the hotel as we walked to baggage claim and was told where to go. Bags were already waiting for us, many thanks to JetBlue.
You go outside make a right and walk up a short distance. Can't miss where you are picked up. The wait was only about 15 mins and the ride to the hotel only took about 10 mins.

Check in was very easy and the staff is very nice.
The hotel itself is great. We stayed in room 213 (king bed). No complaints. The only negative was the view. Room was clean, no smell, and a/c unit was a normal sound.
Did not get to use the pool, however it did look very inviting in the evening.

The hotel resturant was busy but did not appeal to us. The prices were on the high side for what is offered. Just an example- chicken parm was $18. We decided to walk over to Denny's. Paid $20 for the two of us. If that does not appeal to you, the hotel has a variety of delivery menus.

Next to the hotel is a gas station. We picked up 2 bottles of wine for the cruise there.
As for the police car/cars you see out front. We were told it's just a security thing.

So after a great night of sleep we were ready to start our vacation.
We picked the 10 am shuttle to the port. I would recommend this time slot. You are given colored ribbons for your bags and bored by ship name. Shuttle left on time at 10. By the time we dropped off other cruisers and got to our ship it was 10:45. We were on IOS pier 29. 3rd stop. By that time traffic was starting to get bad. So go early. Less time having to wait in lines.

Would stay there again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MaximusKat12

Thank you for your kind words of praise. Our goal is to provide dependable service and make your stay a satisying one. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and let us know we are reaching our goal. We are committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel enroute to a cruise from Port Everglades. The airport shuttle was horrible. They share with the Days Inn, so the shuttle was very crowded and hot. From the time I called, it took an hour to get to the hotel.

The hotel has some kind of energy-saving feature on the air conditioning that is supposed to sense if you're in the room. If you're not there, it shuts down. It worked on motion, so if you were lying still in bed, it shut off, and would only go back on if you moved. I'm all for energy-efficiency, but really!

All I wanted on this stay was a pickup from the airport, and a comfortable room. They get an F on both.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AndyandDonna
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear AndyandDonna,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment and issues you had with the airport shuttle and the air conditioner. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 15, 2013

two couples traveling and we all liked this place. nice, large room. beautiful pool area and landscaping. restaurant was okay, service was a bit confused but server worked it out. denny's across the street for breakfast and $8 (per person) shuttle to the port. would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to share your comments. I have shared your comments with the staff. Our goal is total guest satisfaction.

Bill Baker

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Hollywood/Airport South
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Been to Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!