“Perfect for pre/post cruise”

Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Ranked #19 of 72 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed March 22, 2008

Stayed here prior to a Caribbean cruise. Perfect choice, clean spacious rooms, friendly staff, free parking and a nice pool area.

Denny’s opposite and a small shopping mall two minutes drive away. Shuttle to the port ($10) and a free shuttle to Ft Lauderdale airport.

This is a reasonably priced hotel which is ideal for a pre or post cruise stay.

Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank Ken131

Reviewed February 21, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks during Jan/Feb 08. My wife and I are English and were vacationing in Cuba when, due to major medical problem, we were flown to Hollywood for treatment. This hotel was chosen as it was one of the closest to the memorial regional hospital.

I stayed in two classes of Hotel in Cuba; one of the best 5* hotels and a city-based 3* hotel. I was a more than a little surprised to find that my stay at the Holiday Inn compared rather more with the poorer Cuban hotel. All the more surprising when I compare my experience with some of the other reviews for this hotel on this site.

The hotel is well presented, the rooms are spacious and well equipped. The hotel has both indoor and poolside bars, a restaurant, an office centre with free internet access and a large pool area. The rooms are equipped with a flat screen TV, Fridge and microwave oven. The bathroom has a large walk in shower but no bath. Odd numbered rooms overlooking I95 on the eastern side can be noisy during peak traffic times.

Staff are all very pleasant, friendly and helpful as you might expect. Any complaint was dealt with immediately and to my satisfaction.

Sadly my room was not cleaned, bed not made or bathroom items replenished on two separate occasions. I arrived back from a 13 hour visit to the hospital to find an unmade bed and no coffee in the room. The bed linen was not changed throughout my stay as depicted by the same pattern of holes in the bed linen. The toilet failed to flush on two occasions. The glasses on the dresser were filthy. The door lock failed on one occasion, which meant the room unlocked itself for half a day.

Overall a very pleasant hotel which I feel has been let down by some small details.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 20, 2008

Booked a room at this hotel due to positive reviews. I must say that I was very unhappy with the service at this hotel. We used this hotel as a home base for some extensive business, were out of the room early and returned late. Room was never cleaned when we returned. This was very annoying since we wanted to rest after traveling. Upon complaining we still had to wait for service. Dinners in the hotel's restaurant were a slow painful ordeal. Other diners were very unhappy also. Food had to be returned-it was burned beyond recognition,so we ate in shifts. Wait staff was very apologetic-something should be done about kitchen! We scheduled with the airport shuttle-checked twice and were assured all was okay. Night before I went to reconfirm due to the early flight-no knowledge of our appointment on the shuttle. I told them to forget us and took a cab at our own expense since I was afraid we would miss our flight. There didn't seem to be any communication within the staff and the various shifts or no one really cared about doing their jobs properly.
Pool was lovely, rooms and bathrooms were very nice as well.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 27, 2008

We stayed there for three nights before going to Miami for a cruise. Very pleased with the place. The rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. Nice widescreen tv in room. Enjoyed the heated pool and hot-tub. Lots of free parking available. Staff was friendly. We would definitely stay there again. Very satisfied!!!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank robfromalberta
Reviewed January 14, 2008

We were bussed from Key West to the Holiday Inn at Hollywood (Ft. Lauderdale Airport) as a result of a U.S. Airways flight cancellation. Arriving at midnight after a five-hour bus trip was exhausting.
Upon check-in we found the staff to be cordial and accommodating. Our room and adjoining bathroom was neat and clean. As we were very tired we were hoping for a good night's sleep. The mattress on the bed allowed us such a good night's rest that we did not want to get up in the a.m.
Check-out was 11:00 a.m., but our flight out of Ft. Lauderdale was not until much later. We called the front desk and asked for a later check-out time. We were told that we could stay until 2:00 p.m. at no extra charge.
As we checked out, we were informed that we could put our luggage in storage until it was needed on our departure.
A free shuttle was available and got us to the airport in a very timely fashion. Yet another cordial employee of this Holiday Inn.
In addition, as we went to check out, my husband and I both had to use the "public" restrooms. Strange to hear about a public restroom, but they were stylish as well as very clean.
We cannot find anything negative about this particular Holiday Inn.
P.S. We were carrying a gift that was fragile and in jeapordy of being broken as it was packed. It could be disassembled with the correct tool. Upon calling the front desk and requesting the needed tool, a maintenance person, Carl, was sent to aid us. Carl was very friendly and not the least annoyed with what another might find a ridiculous request. Thank you, Carl...

Stayed: January 2008
3  Thank raggedyann
Reviewed January 3, 2008

Northwest Airlines booked our family here when they canceled our flight. We have stayed at some marginal Holiday Inns, but this one was exceptional. The staff at the front desk was great. The rooms had flat-screen tvs and were spotless. The best part was the beds with their foam mattresses. The property also has a nice pool area, a small restaurant, and shuttle service to the airport.

Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank GomerSimpson
Reviewed November 18, 2007

Last minute unexpected stay with family, 3 rooms. Rooms were very clean and very comfortable, nice linens, mattresses were a bit hard for my taste. Plenty of hot water with good water pressure. Lovely bathrooms with tile floors, and vanities outside the bath and toilet area for convenience. Pool was very clean and quiet with plenty of towels in the adjoining exersize room. Breakfast was wonderful with friendly service.
If you could move this hotel to the beach or to any location with scenery, it would be the place to stay. However, even with I95 just across the street, it is a great value and quiet comfort for the business or site seeing traveler.

• Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank TravelsWith2Kids
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Hollywood/Airport South
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hollywood Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Margaritaville Beach Resort

Been to Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!