“Best place to stay prior to your cruise”

Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Ranked #22 of 73 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I stay here every time I cruise out of Ft Lauderdale. It's clean, it's safe and it's cheap. As I have done for the past 7 yrs I took my father on a cruise four weeks ago. Four of those years we've departed from Port Glades in Ft. Lauderdale. We fly into Lauderdale and the hotel picks us up at the airport. The next day or whenever your ship leaves the hotel will transport you to the ship at no charge. They do this every week so the are really good at what they do. The hotel staff is very helpful and friendly. This year I also invited my cousin along. He got sick all the room and I am not very helpful when it comes helping clean up anything along those lines. I left out in search of housekeeping only to find out they had left for the evening. I explained the situation to the maintenance man and he went and got some cleaning materials and helped me out. This guy went way beyond anything he was required to do. What a great place.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank uspro1
BillBakerGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and your kind words of praise. I am very proud of our hotel and it's staff. I will share your comments with them. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts in sevice and quality. Thank you for your business and to serving you in the future.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

I ended up at this Holiday Inn after my usual hotel, the nearby Courtyard, was booked. I've stayed for 2 add'l visits because the hotel is nice, the location is convenient, and it's slightly cheaper than the Courtyard. I am a business traveler.

Pros - great location right off 95, looks fairly recently renovated, decent in-hotel restaurant and separate bar (indoor and outdoor), very nice staff. I stayed in a regular double-bed room on my first stay and then their junior king suite on the 2nd two stays - the junior suite has a kitchenette which has been nice, although both rooms do offer a cafe table, microwave, and mini-fridge. I found the hotel nicely quiet - I was considered since it's not typical business travel spot. My first visit was in late February, so I definitely was catching the tail end of the winter tourist season - glad it was quiet! Also, nice fitness area - large space with 2 TVs, 2 ellipticals, 2 treadmills, 2 bikes, scale, weights, and plenty of floor space.

Cons - I've noticed that while the wireless is strong in the evenings, it does greatly weaken during the day (not a huge deal since I'm not usually in the room, but a little odd). Also, this is minor, but there are not many easy-accessible electrical outlets - I'm traveling with a laptop, 2 cell phones, and a white noise machine that all need to be plugged in at night, and it would be nice it they could swap in some lamps with outlets. The outlets that ARE accessible are loose (this happened in both junior king suites I stayed in on the 6th floor) and plugs without the 3rd prong (cell phone chargers) would often fall out.

Overall, I really enjoy this Holiday Inn and now prefer to stay here over my previous choice, the Courtyard Marriott. If the hotel could solve the outlet issue, I'd definitely rate this at 5 stars.

Room Tip: Random tip if you are looking for a quiet room - I often ask to be away from the elevator, but be ad...
1  Thank Megan T

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and your kind words. I am looking into correcting the outlet problem along with correcting any internet issues. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts in sevice and quality. Thank you for your business and to serving you in the future.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

I've found HI properties to be more inconsistent in quality than some other chains, ranging from "meh" to nice. This is a nice one.

The Good:
+ Staff is great. Over the course of a few days, I spoke with half a dozen front desk employees and all were helpful and genuinely friendly. I was given an upgrade at check-in, which was a nice surprise upon entering the room. Restaurant staff is great, too.
+ Pool area is excellent. Plenty of landscaped patio space with loungers and tables, outdoor bar and restaurant seating, a waterfall and hot tub. Pool depth goes from 3 ft to 6 ft, but is unfortunately not heated.
+ Location is very handy, right off I-95. Easy access to FLL airport, the beach, Hollywood Blvd, Oakwood mall, etc. There is a gas station just outside the front.
+ Free wifi and business center (two Windows XP computers with printer). Wifi extends to the pool area. Biz center is very stuffy and needs some air circulation.
+ Decent size flatscreen TV with a good selection of channels.

The Not So Good:
- Road noise. While my room technically faced the pool instead of I-95, there was still noise to be had from Sheridan Street and the nearby Tri-Rail station.
- AC noise. The air conditioner is louder than you might expect and very cold, blowing directly onto the bed. Whatever temperature you set the thermostat at, it will feel several degrees colder when the AC is on. There also appeared to be a few cables hanging underneath the unit onto the floor.

Other things to know:
* Tempur-Pedic matresses with thin-but-nice bedding.
* Nice tiled shower, but no tub - middling water pressure but no shortage of hot water.
* Breakfast buffet is an okay deal at $10. There is a Denny's across the street if you want more variety.

2  Thank enabler
Reviewed March 12, 2012

The front desk seems at attention and waiting. Hungry, ask the front desk personnel, they know the area.

Room Tip: All rooms were good
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
BillBakerGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2012

Reviewed March 7, 2012

My family and i stayed (boy 8 &girl 10) for 10 nights after i booked with Hotwire. Once i found out it was not close to the beach and close to airport i was very skeptical of the accommodations. Although i almost always stay at Holiday Inn when in the US this time i was not so sure of the location. Let me tell everybody planning a trip in the Hollywood Florida area that the location is fantastic to go anywhere since you are next to the I95 and the beach is just 10 minutes of easy driving. As for the accommodations the beds and pillows were as comfortable as can get and the rooms were SUPER Clean!!! I also would like to mention that the hotel staff was fantastic in all departments. Oh ya forgot to tell you that the pool area was to die for and especially at night it was like being in Hawaii. Do not hesitate the place is great and location fantastic!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank giovannif311
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Check in was efficient and friendly. Room air conditioner from the dark ages and sliding door did not work so unable to breath from the smell of the room. Restaurant staff so slow but friendly. However the I attentiveness of the staff spoiled it for me.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank dinibell
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

dinibell,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. I would like to offer a sincere apology. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed March 2, 2012

The food was to die for. Lobster Soup. My Husband wanted the recipe

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Hollywood/Airport South
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hollywood Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Margaritaville Beach Resort

Been to Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!