Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$109
$208
  • Pool
Beach Rooms Inn - Hollywood Beach(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$84
  • Beachfront
$318
$249
Hotels.com
All reviewsfront desksheridan streetcruise portnext morninglauderdale airportpre cruise stayhot tubwould stay here againhotel restaurantpool areabreakfast buffetstayed one nightbeautiful poolshuttle servicerental carbed was comfortablemini fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 3, 2008

Northwest Airlines booked our family here when they canceled our flight. We have stayed at some marginal Holiday Inns, but this one was exceptional. The staff at the front desk was great. The rooms had flat-screen tvs and were spotless. The best part was the beds with their foam mattresses. The property also has a nice pool area, a small restaurant, and shuttle service to the airport.

Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank GomerSimpson
Reviewed November 18, 2007

Last minute unexpected stay with family, 3 rooms. Rooms were very clean and very comfortable, nice linens, mattresses were a bit hard for my taste. Plenty of hot water with good water pressure. Lovely bathrooms with tile floors, and vanities outside the bath and toilet area for convenience. Pool was very clean and quiet with plenty of towels in the adjoining exersize room. Breakfast was wonderful with friendly service.
If you could move this hotel to the beach or to any location with scenery, it would be the place to stay. However, even with I95 just across the street, it is a great value and quiet comfort for the business or site seeing traveler.

• Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank TravelsWith2Kids
Reviewed October 28, 2007

My brother-in-law lives in Hollywood and we have stayed here 4 or 5 times. We were there this summer and noticed that there had been a good deal of refurbishment.
The staff are delightful and we have found that nothing is too much trouble. When the kids had breakfast we were charged for 1, even though 3 of them had eaten something. When the youngest said (accurately) that the remaining pancakes were hard, fresh ones were promptly brought with a smile.
They have a great pool area with a big pool and a jacuzzi and plenty of space for sitting out. The hotel manages to be peaceful and quiet, even though it is on a main highway. And the air-conditioning really works which is a help if you're there in August!
You can order food in and they are cool with that. And the bar serves a mean cocktail, with two young waitresses who use a decent book when they aren't quite sure and enjoy being asked for strange drinks they have never heard of before. There is free internet access and a business centre which allows you use of a computer and printer for nothing.
The place is clean and comfortable and everyone wants you to enjoy yourself there. Recommended.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank M-from-Leeds
Reviewed September 21, 2007

While I was in Florida on vacation I ran a 5K race on Hollywood Beach. Later that morning I was to meet a group at the Holiday Inn for a snorkeling trip in the Keys. My plan was to run the race, go to a nearby YMCA to shower and change, and then make the rendezvous at the hotel.

What I didn't realize when making my plans is that the YMCA was closed. Not knowing the area, I went ahead to the Holiday Inn and, feeling self concious standing in the very nice lobby wearing my running gear, asked if there was any way I could rent a room long enough to shower. Mirlande explained that she had no option other than to charge me full price, which I understand. After borrowing her phone book and finding no other YMCAs nearby, she offered to let me use the restrooms by the pool to clean up and change.

Mirlande was generous, understanding and friendly, and helped me meet my group with time to spare. If the Holiday Inn treated me so well in my situation, I can only imagine what good care they take of their paying customers. Next time I'm in the area, I know where I'll stay.

• Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank dmleach
Reviewed July 18, 2007

We had booked this Holiday Inn because it was so close to the Ft. Lauderdale Airport. We had come back from the Keys and we knew we had to leave REALLY early to make a Jet Blue flight back to Long Beach. The front desk was an easy check in and although I had asked for a low floor, they had me on the 6th so I begged for a low floor because I'm slightly claustrophobic. She acquiesed and everything was fine on the second. The room was modern with puffy pillows, comfortable matress, and a wonderful kitchen with refrigerator and microwave. Beautiful bathroom, very clean. My husband jumped on a conference call and I totally enjoyed cable TV on the Wide Screen. We planned on returning the rental car at 4 am in the morning so we had wheels for happy hour. We found a great sports bar on Sheridan Street about 5 minutes away in a strip mall named Shenanigans. Excellent pub food. Nice locals. Although they screwed up my husbands take out order slightly, all is forgiven. The food is that good. When we checked out the next day there was no one at the Front Desk for about 10-15 minutes. Other than that deal, everything was fine.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank craigandstef