New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Ranked #11 of 69 Hotels in Hollywood
maple grove, mn
“For cruisers out of Ft Lauderdale”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We sailed out of Ft Lauderdale during spring break and wound up here because everything else was booked or $250 + per night. We were pleasantly surprised. Not our usual when we're in Florida, but a pretty property none the less. Staff is what made everything top notch. They really were excellent. The room was spacious and clean as well. We were picked up at the airport and the next day we boarded a shuttle ($8 pp) for the port. A very short drive and we were at the port ! I recommend this hotel without reservation and should we ever sail out of Ft Lauderdale again, it will be our first choice, not "whatever is left" !

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank kristine j

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
FT. MYERS, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Our trip was for personal reasons, a family member was very ill. We couldn't have been more comfortable, the location was 10 minutes from the hospital. The staff was wonderful. The hotel was "Pet Friendly" and we had our two dogs with us. No charge for pets! Our family member passed away and we were able to cancel the last day of our reservation, without a problem! I wish the breakfast was a half hour longer. We were at the hospital very late and it was hard to make it to the breakfast, before it ended.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank StuckItToMe
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I had read a couple of bad reviews on here, and actually researched other places to stay if I was disappointed. I have to say, I was not. Room was clean and smelled fresh. Bed was comfy. Staff was great. They even let me use the conference room for free (because it is being used for storage). The only reasons I didn't give it a "5" was because I stayed 3 nights and did not get shampoo (and those little bottles don't go that far) and the breakfast didn't change. I can only eat so many waffles or bagels.

Room Tip: Be careful at the front door. A family of muscovie ducks camp out there and leave "presents&qu...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Largo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stayed at this concert for the Beyonce & Jay Z "On the Run" tour in Miami. It was to be the happiest day of my life. Unfortunately, it turned into a disaster. I had spent a lot of money on my outfit, and it was my dream outfit for the concert. I had no backup clothes or anything. As I get dressed, I go to iron my outfit and before the iron even touches my outfit it burns/melts a ginormous hole right in the middle of my outfit. I frantically run downstairs, crying to the lady (Maureen) at the front desk and state how their iron melted my outfit. Maureen quickly reacts by whipping out $50 and pointing to one of the maintenance men to escort me to the shopping mall across the street to buy an outfit for the concert. Still crying hysterically, the maintenance man takes me to the store. Already running late, I grade something for $20. We rush back over, I get dressed (still crying). Running downstairs, Maureen at the desk smiles and says how great I look. I started crying even more and managed to say "thank you." Once I get back to the hotel, I find a note slipped under the door that says, for me to stop by the desk before I check out. When I check out there is a reimbursement for the difference I didn't spend and also a note saying I will be given a complimentary one night stay in the mail. True to their (Maureen & general manager, Angele Bentley) word I received the complimentary certificate. I want to thank them both including the maintenance for going completely out of the way to ensure one bad incident didn't ruin my night and stay. LASTLY,the hotel was great. Very clean and obviously everyone was beyond nice. The room was very comfortable, and it's nicely secluded but near a huge shopping center, food, gas station.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Hsmith2323
West Palm Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I supposed to booked 3 nights at this hotel, but I had to moved out the next morning dues to fleas. The fleas are everywhere in the room, floor, beds, and bathroom. Every single one of us got bit all over our body, arms, and legs. I told the front desk, but they didn't seem to take my word for it. They didn't even apologized for any of the problems. The maintenance even got upset when I left a complaint note on the table. I will never ever come back to the place and will NOT recommended to anyone. Please don't book this hotel cause I believe nobody want to get fleas mark.

Room Tip: Please don't book this place.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Long T
Lakeland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We always travel with our dog and what I love about LaQuinta Inn is that although pets are allowed, rooms do not smell like dogs. I'm actually allergic to dogs and suffer from horrible allergies. My stay at LaQuinta has always been a positive one.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Rock Port
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stayed one night. Room was ok. Staff wasn't very friendly except for the girl at check in. breakfast woman wasn't friendly at all. places to eat not too far, not sure about walking. We took a car. Had a guy come up to us in lobby and asked to borrow iphone charger in lobby while we were waiting for the airport shuttle. turned around and he was gone out the door with my charger. ripped off. Staff made no effort to locate the guy even though they saw him leave. Just not a friendly place but room was ok. no fridge. easy shuttle service to airport and they don't charge to leave your car there for 14 days. Ducks were cute. I like LQ because they allow pets. It was quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lavon P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Caribbean Resort by the Ocean
Margaritaville Beach Resort
Casa Pellegrino Boutique Hotel

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!