“Great hotel prior to our cruise!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Ranked #9 of 69 Hotels in Hollywood
Zeeland
“Great hotel prior to our cruise!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one day/night prior to boarding our Royal Caribbean Cruise. It was perfect. Very clean and spacious rooms. Nice bed, hot shower and very helpful and friendly staff. They provided transporation from airport to hotel. They also had a service shuttle available providing transportation to the boat and upon return back to the airport. Bonus..nice breakfast including waffles, cereal, bagels, fruit, juice.....and Hot Coffee!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dan V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel is pricey for what you get! They don't even provide many bathroom amenities and the breakfast was just ok. I'd look elsewhere next time. They charge for transportation to the cruise port and the organization was like a three ring circus.

Room Tip: Shop around for a different hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Denver-KCB
Orlando
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Staying at this Inn was so refreshing I forgot I was there for business. The Inn has a great location, after business you're within minutes of everything to enjoy pleasure of shopping, eating, going to the beach etc.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Princess-in-charge
Hanover, Maryland, United States
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I booked a week of this hotel to recover from a major surgery. I was told that the pull out bed would be comfortable for someone recovering from surgery. The bed had springs coming out of it, and was extremely uncomfortable. The room had a terrible smell, and I woke up after one night, with my eyes swollen shut from an allergy in the room. I spent the next several hours flushing my eyes. When I went to the front desk to complain about the room, the person was rude and condescending after they finally showed up after an extended wait. I was contacted by the Manager who offered me a free night's stay at a different hotel of my choice.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kam L
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on New Year's eve. The price was great, the room was large and clean and the bed was very comfortable. We took a shuttle from the hotel to the Hard Rock to see a concert, and it was there waiting to take us back afterwards....allowing us to skip the very, very long line for a cab! We didn't make the breakfast the next morning so I cannot comment on that. We are planning to stay there again on our way to Key West!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lee's Summit, MO
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here January 10th to the 13th before a cruise. The room was a very nice size and clean. I have to agree with the review a few days ago. The windows are very dirty. That was the first thing I noticed when we got to the room. Our room was on the back side of the hotel, looking out over the pool and lake. Our car was parked on the front side and when we were walking to the car, I noticed how dirty the windows were on the front side too. Could not get the wi-fi to work in the room unless the door was open. Breakfast was OK. Not a bread or waffle person. We also had booked when transportation to the port was free. Noticed when we checked in that they now charged. We were told that since we booked prior, there would not be a charge. The only realy complaint I had was the shuttle driver. He was the most un-friendly person I have ever been around. When we got in at the airport, my husband asked "How are you today?". No answer. Thinking maybe he didn't hear us, he asked again. Silence. We then thought maybe he didn't understand English that well, we were silent. Halfway to the hotel, the radio from the hotel came on and asked where he was. He replied "on way back to the hotel". When we go the hotel, he opened the back and got one piece of luggage out and walked off. Needless to say no tip. If it weren't for him I would rate the hotel 1/2 star higher.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lskaye
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel was fine. The hallway needed a good vacuuming but otherwise was clean. Breakfast was good and there are restaurants, stores, and BJs within walking distance. The back of the hotel and pool area was pleasant to relax in and view the lake. Transportation from the airport and then to the cruise ship the next day was smooth but crowded. We were there the day before the Orange Bowl plus eight ships were in port. The shuttle was free from the airport but $8 each to the port.

Our rate was $175 but I attribute that to last-minute booking and the Orange Bowl crowds. Previous pre-cruise stays at other hotels have cost around $100. If our rate were more in line with what we've paid in the past, I'd think it a good value and would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for lake view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple