“Great location near beach and shopping places”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in Hollywood
Orlando
“Great location near beach and shopping places”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Staying at this Inn was so refreshing I forgot I was there for business. The Inn has a great location, after business you're within minutes of everything to enjoy pleasure of shopping, eating, going to the beach etc.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Princess-in-charge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Hanover, Maryland, United States
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I booked a week of this hotel to recover from a major surgery. I was told that the pull out bed would be comfortable for someone recovering from surgery. The bed had springs coming out of it, and was extremely uncomfortable. The room had a terrible smell, and I woke up after one night, with my eyes swollen shut from an allergy in the room. I spent the next several hours flushing my eyes. When I went to the front desk to complain about the room, the person was rude and condescending after they finally showed up after an extended wait. I was contacted by the Manager who offered me a free night's stay at a different hotel of my choice.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kam L
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on New Year's eve. The price was great, the room was large and clean and the bed was very comfortable. We took a shuttle from the hotel to the Hard Rock to see a concert, and it was there waiting to take us back afterwards....allowing us to skip the very, very long line for a cab! We didn't make the breakfast the next morning so I cannot comment on that. We are planning to stay there again on our way to Key West!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lee's Summit, MO
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here January 10th to the 13th before a cruise. The room was a very nice size and clean. I have to agree with the review a few days ago. The windows are very dirty. That was the first thing I noticed when we got to the room. Our room was on the back side of the hotel, looking out over the pool and lake. Our car was parked on the front side and when we were walking to the car, I noticed how dirty the windows were on the front side too. Could not get the wi-fi to work in the room unless the door was open. Breakfast was OK. Not a bread or waffle person. We also had booked when transportation to the port was free. Noticed when we checked in that they now charged. We were told that since we booked prior, there would not be a charge. The only realy complaint I had was the shuttle driver. He was the most un-friendly person I have ever been around. When we got in at the airport, my husband asked "How are you today?". No answer. Thinking maybe he didn't hear us, he asked again. Silence. We then thought maybe he didn't understand English that well, we were silent. Halfway to the hotel, the radio from the hotel came on and asked where he was. He replied "on way back to the hotel". When we go the hotel, he opened the back and got one piece of luggage out and walked off. Needless to say no tip. If it weren't for him I would rate the hotel 1/2 star higher.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lskaye
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel was fine. The hallway needed a good vacuuming but otherwise was clean. Breakfast was good and there are restaurants, stores, and BJs within walking distance. The back of the hotel and pool area was pleasant to relax in and view the lake. Transportation from the airport and then to the cruise ship the next day was smooth but crowded. We were there the day before the Orange Bowl plus eight ships were in port. The shuttle was free from the airport but $8 each to the port.

Our rate was $175 but I attribute that to last-minute booking and the Orange Bowl crowds. Previous pre-cruise stays at other hotels have cost around $100. If our rate were more in line with what we've paid in the past, I'd think it a good value and would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for lake view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Radford, Virginia
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I checked in for 21 days for business travel and had to move to another hotel after 2 days due to connectivity issues. The property was nice, but looks like the windows have not been cleaned in a few years. Probably a difficult task with all the humidity, but still should be attended to. There is no business center, just a single computer in the lobby. The printer was low on ink and the front desk person simply told me to shake the toner. After working with the maintenance man for 2 hours to try and get a clean phone line, a different person at the front desk suggested I go to a local Radio Shack to address my connectivity issues (there is noise on the phone line and I could not dial up-- am unable to use wireless on my work computer) and go buy a line filter. That's when I checked out. Once my bags were packed and loaded, the manager checking me out and realized I was leaving due to connectivity issues and tried to convince me to stay, even offering to go personally get a filter for me, but it was too little too late. I was already packed. A little more attention to customer service and customer needs could have prevented the shortening of this stay. Front desk persons were all very nice, just also unhelpful and unwilling to do anything beyond being nice.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking water have a lovely view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel mainly due to it being one of very few that included up to 2 weeks of parking since this stay was the beginning of a 2 week cruise for me. My initial impression was that the hotel was in a fantastic location, within walking distance to many stores and restaurants. The outside looked clean and in good condition.

Checking in, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Upon opening the door to the room, it smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. I immediately picked up the phone and asked if they had a non-smoking room. The desk agent said to come down for another room key. A couple minutes later we got to the new room. It also smelled a little like cigarette smoke, but I didn't want to complain a second time since I was keeping my car there for 2 weeks I didn't need them disliking me on day one. The room smell was more bearable so we dealt with it.

The room was relatively clean, but a few spots, such as the curtains had markings and such that gave off a "not 100% clean" feel. Both elevators were fairly dirty, with the rear one having a spilled drink on the floor and dirty buttons. Both elevators were seemingly very old and definitely very slow. Both had lots of damage and markings from abusive customers. They need updating.

The last thing that really irked me was the transportation to/from the port. When we booked, it included free transportation to the port. When we came downstairs the next morning I was told that since the time we booked, the price has gone to $8, but since it was after we booked, we wouldn't be charged. Fair enough. However, the return trip which wasn't included, had a charge of $20. I paid it for the convenience, but after though it was a bit of a rip off. They charge $8 to get you there, but the same trip back when they are presumably picking up the same group of people, is now $20. For the same ride...

Overall the stay wasn't terrible, but also wasn't great. The inside could have been cleaner, and most importantly they should have made absolute sure that I wasn't put into another smoking room after having just complained about the first one. That's not very good customer service. I think in the future I might suck it up and pay for two weeks parking while staying at a little nicer place that will hopefully be cleaner and not smell like smoke.

• Stayed January 2013