“A good choice”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Clean, newer rooms, nice pool area overlooking a lake, and convenient shuttle to airport and TriRail. Needs some new carpet in the hall though.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Steve N
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport

Reviewed August 8, 2011

I have to admit I was really nervous about staying here after reading the reviews but the room was booked for us by a third party so we didn't have a choice. I will say it wasn't as bad as we expected.
They do have new flat screen tv's, beautiful pool area, nice layout in the rooms and very comfy beds. Free breakfast is a plus and the lady who runs it was very sweet, offering me a cup of coffee after the breakfast area was closed :) I appreciated that! The rest of the staff was kind of ho hum.
Downsides....dirty and super slow elevator, half clean bathroom, broken toilet which they came right away to fix but it still "squeaked" every time it was flushed.
They also need a light at the intersection for a left turn toward hotel. It was very dangerous and a long wait to get thru! At least make it a 3 way stop! (I realize this is not a hotel issue but a city issue)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JJennings1
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Reading the reviews below I was hesitant on staying but figured I'd give it a shot.. Room was very clean area isn't the best but not a lot of people hanging around the hotel , the pool was being serviced when we arrived.overall not a bad stay and good prices

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 9, 2011

We stayed here before our cruise the night before. Two great benefits to this hotel. One,
you can park your car here if you are driving in and leave it there during the duration of your cruise. It is free, but you need to inquire at the desk upon check in to fill out the necessary info. It worked great for us. Second, you can sign up at the desk for a free shuttle to the port. Also, airport pick up I believe if needed. Coming back from the cruise, there is no pick up, so we got a cab back to our car. It was not that much $25 or so.
The pool is great,, right next to a little lake that is beautiful. The lobby/breakfast area is
very nice. Only drawback, staff was not overly friendly, and the rooms, while clean, looked like they needed a little up keep as in paint, etc. But, for a place to stay before a cruise or a few nights, it is perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I expected a nice hotel - every La Quinta I've ever stayed in has been, but not this one. It was on par with about a $30 motel... but cost $95.

Soiled carpets, a 1970s motel "tube" TV, an uneven lumpy old mattress, thin walls with loud disturbances, dirty looking/feeling room with visible crud in the shower and other areas - and for some strange reason I was assigned a handicapped room (not requested).

The only positives were the excellent airport shuttle driver and proximity to the Tri-Rail station. Airport and Rail connections are the main reason I chose to stay here along with very positive experiences with LQ in the past.

Bottom line - if you're expecting LQ quality - forget it.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank golfgirlgolf
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Let me preface this review with the fact that I am a firm believer that all hotel rooms "look the same in the dark." I am easy to please and I usually look past silly things that you often see complaints about on these boards.

I paid $43 incl tax/fees via an online bidding site that starts with a "P"...you know which one I am talking about. I got what I paid for. Beware of this La Quinta property!

This hotel is not worth your time or money. PERIOD.

La Quinta corporate should get themselves down to this property and review the terrible conditions.

Main issues that I had with the hotel:
-While the lobby is nice, once you step into any of the elevators, you encounter the filthiest elevators...EVER. The racial slurs/grafitti in the elevator are a warm welcome. NOT.
-The rooms are not very clean, made me want to leave my shoes on. ICK.
-When we called down to the front desk for an extra blanket, we were told they didn't have any extra blankets, but could give us fitted sheets. Nice La Quinta, nice.
-The poor overworked front desk attendant needs help, she can't do everything!

The only redeeming quality of this hotel is its close proximity to local shopping chain stores (Old Navy, Marshalls, Restaturants, etc).

You've been warned.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karkies
Reviewed April 23, 2011

Had a very comfortable nights stay plus we could keep our car there for free while we took a cruise. definitely worth the price including a continental breakfast. All Star transportation was used to transport us to cruise port and return for $20 roundrip per couple. Mark was our driver and he was courteous, friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: check hotel coupon books
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank sharon701
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South
Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Hollywood/Airport South
Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!