“Looks can be deceiving”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Looks can be deceiving”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

And it is true in this case. Before we traveled to Hollywood, I did some looking and this place peeked my interest. We happen to like Thai a lot and back in NY, we tasted them all. And as you know, NYC is the Mecca of all International gastronomy, so it is rather hard to impress yours truly.
So here we are, walking the Hollywood streets in search of this place. It's a mix bag of empty restaurants and bars. So here comes our place. We walk in and I am slightly nervous. The place is practically empty with a very 80's décor. I am afraid my wife will kill me now. So we sit down and examine the menu.
Here is our pick:
Tom Kha Gai, Tom Kha Goong, Age Tofu, Wakame, Panang Curry, Squid and Scallop.
Guys, when this stuff was delivered to our table, we were amazed by the flavors and the deliciousness. Soups were especially exceptional.
Wow!!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank vladmeisterNYC

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hollywood, Florida
“Our favourite Thai place!”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This is by far the best Thai restaurant my husband & I have found! We are very picky when it comes to Thai food. I have tried many different dishes & all came out very tasty! My 7 y/o son loves their Crazy sushi rolls & I do too! Once in a while I will indulge in the Seafood Curry or Chili Fish. A little pricey but I can usually get 2 meals each out of these dishes!
Friendly staff & great location.
The restaurant is a little too dark for us but decor is nice.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Ani L
Miami, Florida
“Spicy means HOT, and Delish!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've been eating and enjoying this gem for many years. Unassuming, underrated, and under-appreciated, Nakorn delivers a Green Curry Shrimp dish that is the bomb!

Less than $15 bucks and packed with a bunch of large and delish shrimp. It is spicy and not for the faint of heart, but right before the spicy is about to overtake your mouth, the flavor kicks back in. The coconut flavor comes through and wins your heart.

Tonight I tried the Tom Guk soup and it was HOT. I loved it but it made my nose run.

I'm not fond of the Denny's-esque new photo-menu. Cheesy.

Never a big wait. Wine, liquor, and beer is served too. 3 hours of free parking in Hollywood rocks, too, so enjoy.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Steve C
Miami, Florida
“Good”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Good local place just off Hollywood Blvd. nice to walk the area before dark as well. Staff was friendly. Restaurant was clean. Food was cheap and good!

• Visited July 2013
Dania Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“And they deliver!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Great food and their delivery is fast. Can't go wrong. Their menu consists of Thai and sushi and both are very good.

Visited July 2013