“Horrible!”

Big Louie's
Ranked #379 of 607 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Background: My roommate and I have been loyal customers of this location since 2010. (She's been here non-stop since then but I haven't. My other reviews will tell the tale!) We usually order an appetizer or two in addition to a couple pizzas. Sometimes we switch it up a bit and order a pasta dish, salad, sandwich or desert in addition to the appetizers and pizzas. We typically spend between $40-50 per order and nearly always have it delivered and tip the driver at least 20%.

Friday night 18 January, I called up to place an order. That night, I ordered a single appetizer and individual salad, a pasta dinner, and a large pizza. After ordering the pasta, I let her know that I had a $5 coupon from the menu (they'd delivered two weeks prior) and she interrupted my speaking to tell me I had to have a $30 order to use it. I assured her that it wouldn't be a problem because my order wasn't complete, then ordered the large pizza (a Big Louie's special which is about $19). Then she told me I couldn't use the coupon because I only ordered one dinner. I thought perhaps she was confused as to what coupon I was using so I waited for her to finish talking then let her know which one I had. She yelled at me. YELLED at me! I apologized to her (I've spent too many years working in customer service, it's kinda second nature to apologize when someone yells at you over the phone.) for the apparent misunderstanding and explained that the coupon *I* wanted to use says that it's $5 off a pasta dinner/entree with a $30 order and cannot be used with any specials. (None of what I was ordering was a special, they were just regular menu items.) THEN she yelled at me and said that the Big Louie's Special is considered a special - even though it is simply listed as a type of pizza, just like if it were a supreme or pepperoni or any other type of pizza someone might order.

At that point, I was not willing to continue taking her abuse. I asked if she could please get a supervisor for me because of the rude way in which she was talking to me. She informed me that she is the OWNER of the place, and then hung up on me. It was the OWNER who yelled at me and hung up on me. <jaw drop>

So, I guess she won the battle. She saved $5 because she refused to honor my coupon but she lost a $40 order, as well as all of the future business she will never receive from me. And also earned whatever bad publicity this review will give her. Congratulations for winning, m'am.

1  Thank Pamela C
There are newer reviews for Big Louie's

Reviewed March 21, 2013

not as authentic as you would think. have to catch thsi restuarant on certain days to get a decent meal. i eat their often only because its walking distance from my job

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Had the family meal for $25.99 which included 6 garlic rolls, two soft drinks, a salad and a 16" pizza with a pepperoni topping. The meal was an OK value. The garlic rolls were good, the salad was fresh and tasty. The pizza was just OK. I was hoping for more in taste but it was OK.
The service was courteous and fast.

1  Thank Miguel N
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Let me start by saying the only reason I've been your customer for this long was because i thought you were the only one that sells eggplant hero's. a quick google search after today changed that. Nothing else on the menu is worth order from here. The chicken is nasty and slimy. The pasta Is a joke. The rolls are hard as a rock & the pizza is worst that Pizza Hut

I have never recieved such horrible service. I was going to place an order for delivery and my first contact was with the cashier/upfront attendant. She asks if I can hold " I said yes and was quickly hung up on "
I call back and a man picks up and I told him I will like to place an order for delivery - he asks if I can hold?? I said I just got hung up on so I would rather not. He rudely tells me HE DID NOT HANG UP ON ME AND I DID NOT CALL HIM, then he starts talking to someone else on another line and leaves the phone on the side for me to hear. Who the F does this guy think he is???

I was not in a hurry but I just couldn't believe the way he spoke to me, it was the tone. If this is the way to treat customers you will not have many left!

AND BY THE WAY
JUST GOT MY DELIVERY FROM SAL'S IN OAKWOOD PLAZA. DELICIOUS AND FROM NOW ON THEY GOT MY BUSINESS.

6  Thank Cucu28
Reviewed May 28, 2012

You can never go wrong at this restaurant!! The garlic rolls are so yummy. The value amazing. You can have a pizza or sandwich, or opt for some perfectly prepared dish like seafood linguine or chicken francese. They always have specials and all dinners come with a salad AND the garlic rolls. Bring the kids or just someone you like!!