“Great Time - Not over the top, but met expectations!”

Hollywood Beach Marriott
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed August 7, 2014

My family of 3 stayed for 5 nights, a Saturday through a Thursday, and enjoyed it very much.

Check-In
At check-in the agent tried to give us a king room, even though we are 3 people standing there, and offered to have blankets delivered. I assumed that meant a rollaway bed. He meant sleep on the floor...I 'm glad I caught on before he gave me the keys. Although he found a room with two queen beds, I'm not sure why a king was even offered? Obviously I am not going to let my kid sleep on a hotel room floor - never mind for 5 days straight. In any case, he fixed it without a problem - so no ill feelings.

Room
We stayed on the 9th floor, on the south side of the building. Views for miles. The balconies are teeny tiny, but I enjoyed sitting out there and looking at the ocean while the girls "got ready". The room itself was, well, a standard hotel room. It was clean, it was spacious. The bathroom was clean and spacious too. No ooh's and ahh's (except for the view), but I felt I got what I paid for. Please don't take this as a negative - the room was fine, it just wasn't the Ritz. But I didnt expect that as I didnt stay at the Ritz. The room was in line with my expectations. Perfectly fine!

Pool
LOTS of chairs around a SMALL pool. The pool attendant was always very nice and helpful with the towels, which you can use on the beach. I appreciated that they had fruit infused water at the pool. Easy to grab a cup and cool down when you picked up/returned the towels. In 6 days and 5 nights, we used the pool once. It was always busy and people seemed to do the "I'm saving 8 chairs for my family of 4, that wakes up at noon" thing. We came for the beach, so it wasn't the end of the world to us. If the pool is your thing, take note.

Beach
Well, its right there across the pavestone boardwalk and it was really nice. And clean. More crowded on the weekend versus the weekdays, but thats what you should expect at a beach in the summer. The water was amazing. It was a wonderful shade of green/blue. My kiddo loved looking at the small fish near the shore through her goggles - and there were a ton of them.

Restaurant
Due to the location on the boardwalk and the proximity to Hollywood Blvd - we ate at the restaurant for lunch and sometimes for a late desert. (We enjoyed the super casual places along the boardwalk and the local stuff in old town Hollywood.) Everything we had was just fine. No complaints at all. If you stay frequently at Marriott, you know what to expect with the food. Portions great, price not bad. Decent selection. Zero issues! How could you complain about frozen drinks and a burger? Perfect by me. The bar tender let my daughter choose how many cherries she wanted in her Sprite. She got a kick out of that! I didnt catch the older african american gentlemen's name (he was the host on many days) - but what a nice guy. He greeted everyone so warmly. Kudos to him!

Parking
I had a rental car and opted for the valet parking, at $19 per day. Self parking was $17, so for a few more bucks + tips - worth it. They have a handy system where you scan a Q code on your smart phone and it alerts the valet that you want your car. When you make your way down, its waiting for you, with the a/c on. Perfect!

Stay Again?
Yup, for sure. I liked that the hotel wasn't a mega-resort. It had everything we wanted: a clean room, a restaurant, beach access, and a pool. The employees were all very nice. And we went home with a slammin' tan!

1  Thank BDABound
There are newer reviews for Hollywood Beach Marriott

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Very helpful staff, but were not in our room until 5:30 with 4:00 check-in.
Good workout room, tiki bar; Broadwalk is nice with a number of places to eat/shop.
Not too far from Hollywood casino.

room was not what I consider Marriott quality

Room Tip: Ocean front or ocean view
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I wish I could review this hotel but we didn't get a chance to stay because we received a phone call at 6:19PM as we were getting to the hotel to tell us that there was a water leak in one of the rooms and my party of 5 had to stay in one room. I told the "supervisor" that was unacceptable as we were not that close to the people coming with us, I asked if there was really a water leak or had the oversold the hotel. I told her we would see her when we got there which would be in about 5 minutes. When we got to the hotel the "supervisor" did not come out to speak with us, the front desk girl told us the same thing, room under water and we could not stay in it, I'm not unreasonable, I asked to see the room and then I would make a decision. They looked on the computer and said they had taken that room out of inventory and would not be able to tell what room it was. I said, ask the supervisor, she must know since that was the room that was supposed to be ours. After going around in circles they were willing to give us 2 free rooms at another hotel, I asked if it was on the water and they said no to which I said NO, it has to be one the water. They finally found 2 rooms at the Marriott Ft. Lauderdale (great hotel & staff) and we were told we could either come back tomorrow to Hollywood or stay the 2 nights in Ft. Lauderdale. We get to Ft. Lauderdale and check in and I verify that in fact we would be staying the 2 nights there to which the front desk person said that was not possible, they had already told Hollywood supervisor that because they were sold out the next day. Needless to say my husband was ready to just leave and go back home :( We checked in since it was getting late and the staff there said they would try to work something out. The staff at the Ft. Lauderdale Marriott was great and were able to save the weekend, they did find us rooms for the 2nd night. Hollywood did call us early the next day to say they had a room available but at the point my husband wanted nothing to do with the Hollywood hotel. I feel I was lied to, about the damaged room and then again about being able to stay the 2nd night at Ft. Lauderdale. If you are down in this area I would recommend the Ft. Lauderdale Marriott, it was great, the staff was great and the spa was great!!! If you go to Hollywood make sure to check in early or they will give your room away!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Hilda S
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Just returned from taking my adult kids and grandchild for a couple of days at the Marriott Hollywood Beach. Spacious well-appointed rooms. Very accommodating staff. Located on the quiet end of the Hollywood "broadwalk". Nice pool area, Hotel is right at the beach. We used the "Florida Resident Summer rate" which included a huge buffet breakfast and cabanas on the beach...great value! We will be back!

2  Thank goingstrong
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed 2 nights here with our kids 12 and 9. Nice hotel. The rooms are small and could use a few updates like retiling the showers and new carpet. The housekeeping could definitely do a better job. There was mold in our shower, the back if the bathroom door was dirty with what looked like toothpaste or splattered soap and the top of the light fixture was extremely dusty. Location is perfect!! The worst thing about this hotel is the extremely loud AC unit!! It was horrible to listen to all night. Another not so good part of this experience was how the hotel seems treat their employees. We had floats for pool/ beach and asked the pool attendant if they could blow them up. He said yes. He returned with them not blown up and stated that his boss said we have to be present while he does it in case the get broken. So ok, I go down to the work area with the attendant where we see his boss. His boss informs me that he's had to FIRE a lot of good workers because if a guest says that the worker damaged their property, even a $5 float, he has to be fired!! WHAT? That is stupid. I'm appalled that they would have such a crazy policy. I understand that the customer is always right but you shouldn't treat your employees like that. Also, as we were exiting the parking garage, I'd forgotten my room key upstairs where my husband was still packing up. I saw a worker and explained to him that I forgot my key upstairs. He asked for my last name and room number and said that he was going to check to see if I'd paid the self parking fee because if he swipes his card to let me out and I didn't pay, he could be FIRED. Again, I'm not sure why this place
treats their employees like this. It's not slavery. They should respect the guests and the employees. Although it wasn't a bad place to stay, I wouldn't go back for the above stated reasons. Frankly, I'm kinda disappointed that Marriott's name is on the building. I
usually really like them as a brand. Now I'm not so sure.

• Stayed: July 2014
marriottbeachfront, Manager at Hollywood Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Greetings and thank you for staying with us and letting us know your thoughts. Can you let us know what room you were in so we can inspect and enhance and also what associate you spoke with, for we have amazing Marriott standards on being brilliant here, and our scores show it...while our repeat guests prove it.
We hope that you will consider us again for the future. Cheers!

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Tipical Florida beach hotel you would find in a brochure in an European travel agency. Retro and very decay area, but hey! The room is ok and the drinks too.close to airport and away from the good restaurants . I would stay again :)

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
marriottbeachfront, Manager at Hollywood Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Hello and thanks so much for your response regarding our hotel. I am glad that you will return to us, for we really appreciate it. I hope you had a chance to jump on the Hollywood Trolley from our hotel to all the great restaurants in Downtown Hollywood. If not, it will be here for you next time.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We spent a long weekend at this hotel for a small family reunion. The front desk was eager to help us with getting all our rooms close to each other. (4 rooms). The pool is on the small size but the beach and ocean are right there too for sunbathers. Rooms/bathrooms have been recently done and I enjoyed the large glass enclosed shower. The balconies are a bit small only 2 people can fit on the balcony comfortably. The hotels restaurant is lovely with a large menu selection to appeal to everyone with entertainment outside. Nice area to walk around the boardwalk with casual dining and entertainment within walking distance.

Room Tip: Request a room above the fifth floor. Corner rooms have 2 balconies.
2  Thank Kathy M

Greetings! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We have some exciting things happening to our hotel soon, so please keep checking back with us, and we look forward to your return to Hollywood.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Central Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
#15 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Hollywood Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!