New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #8 of 69 Hotels in Hollywood
New York City, New York
“Very good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Hotel clean; rooms very nice, view great. The staff was pleasant and the beach is beautiful.We have eaten in the restaurants for both lunch and dinner and found them to be very good. We have stayed several times and would be happy to do so again.

Room Tip: Beautiful beach
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed here from july 3rd - 6th, was a bit worried about how the hotel would handle the holiday crowd but was very surprised at how it all worked well.

The property is in a perfect location on Hollywood Beach - direct access to the beach, you can rent chairs/umbrellas to spend time on the beach.

Rooms are well done - standard Marriott rooms. nice pool area (it was a bit crowded but that was expected with the holiday crowds)

Room Tip: I had room 517, provided views of the beach and inter coastal
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Caravan50
marriottbeachfront, Manager at Hollywood Beach Marriott, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you tons for the nice note. With the fireworks in our backyard, and us situated on the beach and Broadwalk, we have learned to manage the crowds of guests in the area and our sold out hotel. We look forward to your return and glad you enjoyed the experience in this great hometown, beach town.
Holden Beach, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Wee chose this location due to its proximity to FLL and also MIA- you never know where the adventure is going to take you!

Our first interaction was on a Saturday, where we were greeted by the general manager (josh). First, it is rare to see a GM on a Saturday- second, he actually took the time to check us in.

Once in the resort, we actually never left. Great pool and beachside services and also a guy that rents out jetskis on the beach.

We are on the broad walk a couple of times as the hotel restaurant was very busy.

In a nutshell, we will be back!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HoldenBea
Miami Lakes, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We truly enjoyed our stay at the Marriott. While the best part is the location the second best part is the staff. By far the nicest staff I have encountered in a long time. If you get a good deal you can not beat this oceanfront hotel for the price. The only downfall is the small pool, but we didn't even have the need to use it with the amazing ocean.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Location
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank SosaFamily
Slingerlands, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

To start out, I did not find this property to be as luxurious as a couple of the other beach Marriotts in Florida, namely Lauderdale, and especially Marco Island. That being said, this is a great hotel, made even greater by the beautiful beach which is right outside the door. The lobby and public spaces are very nice and spacious, and the parking garage is attached, easy to bring your luggage over. The bed is very comfortable, and the headboard is not of the usual hotel/institutional decor. The bathroom was spacious, stand up shower and marble vanity.

I did not have time to get to the concierge lounge.....but there is one!

I wish I had the time to enjoy the beach and the facilities.....I'll be back!

Room Tip: If you can get it, ask for a corner, such as an "_01" room. Ocean view from two sides, ba...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Rhapsodyinblue
Ft. Lauderdale
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

While I can not review the property itself, I can give a word of advice to anyone using their valet service (It was $16.00 to park). Do NOT leave anything of any value because you should not trust their valets. I left a steel cigar cutter in my ashtray when I handed it over to the valet service, When I got my car back the cigar cutter was missing. I was told later when I called to report it to Valet services that their was 7 parking valets on duty, I was treated decently on the phone but with a sound of incredulity that I would even bother about a small item. I can replace the item for about $20 dollars perhaps less. That misses the point about the integrity of their staff. I explained that the same man who parked the car, returned the car to me. There was no doubt that he bears the responsibiity. I will persue this a little further because the hotel should not have untrustworthy employees. My first experience with this property has left a sour taste in my mouth for Marriot Corp. I'll only go back to raise a fuss about this incident but will not ever consider using Marriot again. I had a glass of beer at the tiki bar ($6.50) and the service there was relatively poor, which add fuel to the fire.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Fltnrckwy
Houston, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

The hotel has a great location and the staff are wonderful - the staff is 5 star. The restaurant was good and it had a lovely view, but the room service is mediocre with issues getting our order right. While the staff and location were good, our room was dingy and worn - not up to the Marriott name. I was very disappointed because they touted that all rooms had been remodeled but apparently not. Go there for the location, but don't expect stellar accommodations.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank BikingTejana
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Margaritaville Beach Resort
Riptide Hotel
Riptide Hotel
#5 of 69 in Hollywood
4.0 of 5 stars 604 reviews

Been to Hollywood Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!