1) First note am a Marriott Platinum member - I know my Marriott's.
2) Upon making the reservation I had requested to be on the South or West side of the property(The North Side is shady after 10 AM) Upon checking in I was told no rooms on that side were available - I was totally flexible stating the although my profile had requested King bed I'd take anything on the other side. AND we would switch rooms if one became available on the other side of the property - PLEASE CALL ME (they have my mobile, and email in my profile . I checked in on Friday late Afternoon = the Hotel didn't appear to be that busy. Upon checking with desk the next day at breakfast I received a :( stating o I should have called just a little earlier - to switch rooms. UH - U were to call me !
3) Service - sub par two(**) I expect much more from this category of Marriott. As stated TLC mentioned in the earlier post. I would agree that this should be a ~$150 / night property based upon cleanliness (just better than Fair on Room and bath room cleaning) , service and staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hollywood Beach Marriott, a South Florida boutique hotel that is situated directly on the famed Hollywood Broadwalk and on the Atlantic Ocean. As the only Marriott hotel on the Broadwalk, and only five miles from Fort Lauderdale International Airport and eight miles from Port Everglades, this Hollywood Florida hotel that is on the beach is nestled away from the busy strip of tourist hotels near Fort Lauderdale, which captivates a true hometown, beach town experience for the best in accommodations. The Hollywood Broadwalk is rated as one of the best beach boardwalks by Travel + Leisure magazine and USA Today, offering almost three miles of strolling, biking, dining, and nightlife, all connecting to the hotel so you can walk to so many attractions. In walking distance, Florida action awaits you! Featuring 229 guest rooms lined with amazing water views, the Hollywood Beach Marriott also offers an indoor and outdoor restaurant to satisfy, plus a delightful beachfront pool and Jacuzzi for serenity. Casual and cool, we boast the perfect function space for your next beach Wedding, Mitzvah, or Corporate meeting. Whether on vacation or getting down to business, you can do it right in Hollywood, Florida ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Hollywood Beach Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Hollywood Beach Hotel Hollywood
- Hollywood Marriott