WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hollywood Beach Marriott

Hollywood Beach Marriott
Ranked #7 of 67 Hotels in Hollywood
Burke, Virginia
“Marriott Hollywood Beach Delivers the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Hollywood Beach Hotel for three days in November. The hotel is on the ocean with a clean and relaxing beach and a pool. The hotel staff are extremely pleasant and friendly and very helpful in making the stay enjoyable. The staff demonstrated professionalism in their activities and assistance to us. The Concierge Lounge staff were exceptional in keeping the lounge supplied with food and drink. They were friendly and complete in their actions towards us. We highly recommend this hotel for families and couples as a beach resort and close to other Florida events.

"penny"

Room Tip: A King Guest room with a water view at high level is recommended for couples.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Turkish first
Meriden, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is a perfect hotel situated right on the beach in Hollywood Florida. 15 minutes from the airport. The boardwalk is excellent for early morning runs or evening strolls, with plenty of restaurants to stop in and eat. Our Room was clean and we had a gorgeous view. Staff was courteous and our room was ready before check in time. The restaurant has great food and the breakfast buffet had everything you needed. The beach is beautiful and you can rent chairs and umbrellas if needed. There was nightly entertainment on weekends which was enjoyable. A special thanks to Paolo Milano, our concierge, who made our stay exceptional! He was personable, pleasant, and professional. He paid personal attention to detail, helped us make dinner reservations, explained the surrounding area, and treated us like royalty. He did an excellent job helping us to celebrate this milestone anniversary! This was our second visit to this Marriott and we will definitely come back again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

I had heard the Marriott was a nice hotel in Hollywood but it surpassed my expectations and I am a lifetime platinum elite member. In other words, I have stayed in over 500 Marriott hotels worldwide. The rooms were spacious and I was upgraded to a suite overlooking the beach and the intercostal.Every staff member in the hotel was friendly and eager to please.The housekeeper even made a large sculpture of animals out of our towels which was delightful to see when you got back to your room after a day on the beach. The restaurant had spectacular food. Order the lobster bisque if you would enjoy shredded lobster throughout the soup with a lobster frittata in it. Yum! The breakfast buffet is the way all breakfast buffets should be. From eggs Benedict to just about anything you could imagine was available and fresh. The omelets had at least 10 ingredients you could chose from to make your own omelette prepared fresh in front of your eyes. Excellent courteous restaurant service even though the gratuity was already included on your check (18%) Eating facilities indoors and a beautiful outside restaurant adjacent to the Boardwalk. You could sit as long as you wanted, watch the ocean or people cycling, skateboarding or just walking past. The beach is clean and the availability of chaises were abundant. The only downside is that chaises are $8.00 a piece and umbrellas and canopies were expensive to rent. The hotel supplied you with two jumbo beach towels and had complimentary fresh infused fruit water by the pool. The bathrooms in the room were totally marble and made me feel like I was in one of the most elegant of hotels but at a price that I believe was quite reasonable for a beachfront resort. Room service was speedy and the quality was excellent. When we needed ANYTHING the staff were up in the room within 10 minutes if that. Every staff member treated you like you were royalty. They had an excellent gift shop with any last minute amenities you may have forgotten plus wonderful beach attire and hats.. In the lobby is a Pizza / Sandwich shop where you can make your own pie. I felt like I was eating at my favorite pizza place in NYC. I'd come back just for the pizza. Kidding! This was one of the most delightful stays at a resort I have ever had. I cannot say enough good things. Trust me. I am a native New Yorker, a world traveller and outrageously picky about EVERYTHING. They met all my standards for a hotel. Hope this review was helpful. Have a ball! I almost forgot. The hotel is extremely kid friendly too.

Room Tip: Ask for either a beach view or a room with a view of the ocean and the inter coastal.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

This wonderful hotel on the beach and Hollywood boardwalk is one of the finest hotels in service that I've ever encountered. We have stayed at this hotel over 10 times in the past 3 years because of the exceptional location and service. It is so amazing to see that service still counts and that the emphasis is so prominent in the entire hotel. And it always comes from the top down, clearly the management is inspiring this in their employees and it shows. A special thanks to Samuel Santiago for going above and beyond in every way to make our stay comfortable. And in the concierge level room, the staff is warm, welcoming and will do everything they can to serve their guests. Freddy and Jineen were certainly standouts. I would highly recommend this hotel to any travelers whether you are doing business or for pleasure!! Great job to everyone at the hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Let me first start off by saying I stay over 100+ nights a year, so I travel ALOT. So there are some expectations when you travel and stay at a Marriott you expect. Security - I saw ZERO representatives, no one in parking garages. As a single female traveling, I made sure to be on alert. I did not use any stairwells at all! When it got dark with time change at 6pm - I tried to limit my in and out and parking garage. They do offer valet (but there was usually a line).

Self parking, access to get in and out of the lot. I got stranded in the garage a couple of times, and after reading other TA reviews, it appears to happen a lot. So be on alert or ask for extra keys to leave in your car in case you forget to take a key with you when you check out and don't bring a key with you to your car.

In all my hotel stays and I can't remember the last time by room was COMPLETELY missed by housekeeping staff. I stayed for two nights. I left around 9am first day and returned at 5pm and room wasn't touched. 2nd day, housekeeping was knocking on my door at 8:15am. Glad I was Up!

Loved the bed linens and comfort of bedding.

Positives:
My room rate included a $25 credit for food per day. It was nice I could get breakfast in the mornings. Buffett rates are $12.95 person (cold items) and $17.95 person (hot, made to order items). A little high, but in line for other Marriott properties.

Overall the location with access to beach and boardwalk is first rate. It's nice to be able to walk, or run in mornings and have access to trails and beautiful views.

I probably wouldn't stay here again when I am in the area.

Self park $17/night Valet $20/night

Room Tip: Lower numbered rooms are closer to ocean. Higher is better, all rooms had balconies from what I co...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank orreo5859
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

The staff at the Hollywood Beach Marriott provided our perfect weekend. First off, I can't say enough about the Concierge Paolo, the valet or front desk staff. They helped me organize a wonderful weekend when I proposed to my now Fiance. They perfected every detail from the intricate decoration and mood of the room for the proposal like something out of The Bachelor, to the dinner arrangements. We even had a bit of car trouble about a mile from the hotel. The valet handled getting the car released to the tow truck to take back to my hometown for repair, the front desk handled the luggage while I went to the rental car location. The facility and room was amazing. The beds were comfortable and you can't beat laying in a King bed with two sliders open listening to the waves and/or the music below. I'll never complain about starting the day, eating a delicious lobster omelette on the boardwalk.I can't say enough about this hotel and it's staff. We felt like we were treated like royalty in our own paradise for the stay. They made a once in a lifetime moment for us and will always hold a special place in our hearts. Thank you so much. We will be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Boiling Springs, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I just want to start off by saying that I booked a king room and when I arrived, I was told that I would be receiving a room with double beds because they were sold out of king rooms. I was very angry and not once did the front desk clerk offer to try and switch me the following night when another guests checks out or any other solution. The lady who works at the coffee shop in the hotel is also very rude. I barely slept because either the room was too hot or too cold no matter how you adjusted the temperature. And worst of all when the air did come on, it sounded like a woodpecker was in my room. Maid Service only showed up ONCE in my 3 day stay and she was using my pants to clean the one day that I did walk in on her. She said she was using the pants to get the sand off the bed....well the bed she was dusting had not been touched by me so I question how sand got there in the first place?? The halls of the hotel smell horrible (like urine) and worst of all the people in the room next to us were smoking!!! If you have evening plans then go ahead and plan on leaving 30 minutes early to get out of their parking garage because it takes 15 minutes to try and get your room key to work to lift the gate and you eventually have to go get someone from the hotel to let you out....we were not the only guests complaining about the security gate at the hotel garage not working!! Oh and when we first arrived to the hotel, our towels were dirty....the hand towel in the bathroom had lipstick on it. If you spend 300+ a night for a hotel then you expect a lot more. This place is horrible....Don't waste your money!!! I would have been better off spending half the money on a non-branded hotel such as Sheldon, Neptune or Crystal Tower which all looked like decent places. I normally don't write reviews, but after my horrible experience here, I had to tell consumers to BEWARE!!!! The only nice thing I can say about the hotel is that the location is wonderful and the food at their restaurant is outstanding.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple