“Just a wonderful place to vacation or Business”

Hollywood Beach Marriott
Ranked #6 of 73 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed here multiple times in the last year and each time it gets better and better.
The staff is very attentive, the room so comfortable, the Breakfast buffet is great, everything is fresh. I highly recommend . it is a bit pricey, but what can you expect for beach front hotel's

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BennyBones
Write a ReviewReviews (1,592)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great location right on the beach. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The view from the room is great if you get a partial ocean view. The restaurant is also very nice and they have good food. The staff is very friendly and the premises is accessible. I have mobility problems and I had no issues getting around. It was just a challenge to get to the water from the beach. If they had a beach wheelchair on hand we could borrow, I would have given 5 stars. Great experience overall.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MeltemB
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great location, great rooms, great restaurant, and great staff. I stayed here and the Diplomat in the same stay and enjoyed the Marriott way more. Yes its smaller pool and all but they make up for it in staffing and quality.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dabbadessa
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We were in a suite overlooking the beach with excellent views of the water. The room was spacious and clean; the bed was comfortable. We ate two meals in the restaurant and found the service friendly and efficient. The only down side was that we could not check in until 3pm but suspected it could have been sooner with a little more effort - which we felt we paid for.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank R S
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I booked this hotel in Fall 2012 to stay for a family visit in January 2013. A few weeks later I realized we were going to be unable to make the trip, so I called the hotel and cancelled the reservation. Or so I thought.

In February I was shocked to see a bill for a room for $240 on my Citibank credit card. I immediately called the credit card company and explained to them that I had cancelled the room. They told me to initiate a cancellation request, which I did. About a month late I received a notice that my dispute had been rejected. The Marriott Hollywood Beach was going to charge me the full amount for the room! I talked to Citibank again and they said that since I didn't have a record of the cancellation number, there was nothing they could do.

I suspect this is a scam. How many other people has this hotel ripped off in this fashion by not properly recording cancellation requests? BEWARE - this hotel may do the same thing to you they did to me. Make sure you keep any cancellation number they give you - or better yet, stay someplace else where the hotel is not operating a scam on customers who cancel reservations.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JSaaaa
marriottbeachfront, Manager at Hollywood Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thanks for your comments. Please make sure that you contact Marriott reservations or whomever you made a reservation through, and ensure you always obtain a cancellation number, just as you receive a confirmation number when reserving. These are your two best ways for sure.
In these days with all this technology, it is important to have these numbers in cases like this, because we will only charge you if you do not cancel your room within the time frame that the reservation allows you to.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

After reading some negative reviews I was reluctant to stay at this hotel, but I am glad I stayed at this property. Yes the Hotel is on the older side, but it is a Marriott. They do a great job of keeping the Hotel clean and in good condition. Rooms were clean, and bedding was great. Nice outside cabana bar offering some great food, and service. Views and beach were both great!! Really enjoyed this Hotel, and it has a certain charm to it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matt M
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I really like going to Hollywood Beach. It's a nice place for families and relaxation. First time at this Marriott and it is a really nice hotel. We had 2 rooms. One a suite that came with a sofa bed. Everyone was comfortable. Now about that view. Get a high floor because it is a beautiful thing to wake up to in the morning. They have a coffee shop in the lobby and a restaurant right on the beach. You can sit inside or outside. There's a pool with a hot tub. Cabanas and chairs to rent on the beach. $30 for an entire day - it was a good deal. They have a 'spa' but it doesn't have any amenities but the massage was excellent.

The bad news - if you don't have a 5 year old the pool may not be for you. There were about 15 five year olds in the hot tub so relaxing in it was out of the question. I said something to the front desk but the next day the hoard of children jumping and screaming were back again. Thank goodness for my cabana.

The bed felt like it was 10 feet off the ground and I will admit to falling off of it. But this is definitely someplace I will stay again.

Room Tip: Get a high floor and a room with a balcony if you can.