“Location Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 69 Hotels in Hollywood
Halifax, Canada
“Location Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We were in a suite overlooking the beach with excellent views of the water. The room was spacious and clean; the bed was comfortable. We ate two meals in the restaurant and found the service friendly and efficient. The only down side was that we could not check in until 3pm but suspected it could have been sooner with a little more effort - which we felt we paid for.

1 Thank R S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I booked this hotel in Fall 2012 to stay for a family visit in January 2013. A few weeks later I realized we were going to be unable to make the trip, so I called the hotel and cancelled the reservation. Or so I thought.

In February I was shocked to see a bill for a room for $240 on my Citibank credit card. I immediately called the credit card company and explained to them that I had cancelled the room. They told me to initiate a cancellation request, which I did. About a month late I received a notice that my dispute had been rejected. The Marriott Hollywood Beach was going to charge me the full amount for the room! I talked to Citibank again and they said that since I didn't have a record of the cancellation number, there was nothing they could do.

I suspect this is a scam. How many other people has this hotel ripped off in this fashion by not properly recording cancellation requests? BEWARE - this hotel may do the same thing to you they did to me. Make sure you keep any cancellation number they give you - or better yet, stay someplace else where the hotel is not operating a scam on customers who cancel reservations.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JSaaaa
marriottbeachfront, Manager at Hollywood Beach Marriott, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thanks for your comments. Please make sure that you contact Marriott reservations or whomever you made a reservation through, and ensure you always obtain a cancellation number, just as you receive a confirmation number when reserving. These are your two best ways for sure.
In these days with all this technology, it is important to have these numbers in cases like this, because we will only charge you if you do not cancel your room within the time frame that the reservation allows you to.
Reading, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

After reading some negative reviews I was reluctant to stay at this hotel, but I am glad I stayed at this property. Yes the Hotel is on the older side, but it is a Marriott. They do a great job of keeping the Hotel clean and in good condition. Rooms were clean, and bedding was great. Nice outside cabana bar offering some great food, and service. Views and beach were both great!! Really enjoyed this Hotel, and it has a certain charm to it.

• 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Matt M
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I really like going to Hollywood Beach. It's a nice place for families and relaxation. First time at this Marriott and it is a really nice hotel. We had 2 rooms. One a suite that came with a sofa bed. Everyone was comfortable. Now about that view. Get a high floor because it is a beautiful thing to wake up to in the morning. They have a coffee shop in the lobby and a restaurant right on the beach. You can sit inside or outside. There's a pool with a hot tub. Cabanas and chairs to rent on the beach. $30 for an entire day - it was a good deal. They have a 'spa' but it doesn't have any amenities but the massage was excellent.

The bad news - if you don't have a 5 year old the pool may not be for you. There were about 15 five year olds in the hot tub so relaxing in it was out of the question. I said something to the front desk but the next day the hoard of children jumping and screaming were back again. Thank goodness for my cabana.

The bed felt like it was 10 feet off the ground and I will admit to falling off of it. But this is definitely someplace I will stay again.

Room Tip: Get a high floor and a room with a balcony if you can.
1 Thank Ramblingwelove
sea isle, N.J.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed here the weekend of 4/20. The resort has a great location and wonderful atmosphere. The room was very clean and the food at the outside restaurant was good but not great! Not too pricey either.

The big negative was the wait time to get our room. After a long day of travel and 2 grandkids in tow we were anxious to get to the room. When we checked in at 4pm we were told the room was not ready. We were told we would be paged. Well a hour and a 1/2 later and still no page. Many people were in the same situation. This hotel trys to accommodate with late check outs but the housekeeping can't get the room changed over in time. No compensation for the wait. Nothing. Make sure you also book a ocean view room. We were on a Marrriott owners rate and had a view of the air conditioning units.

Room Tip: Do not book a standard room
1 Thank Mary Alice C
Mystic, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This hotel provided a clean, comfortable room. The concierge lounge did provide great service and food. The pool; a bit on the smaller side, but very nice. I would defiantly recommend a room on the 4th floor and up for view purposes. Overall, a great stay!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony.
2 Thank Pete C
Naples Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My wife & I needed to get away for a long weekend of relaxation & beach. I've read the reviews so I knew we would pay for parking & beach chairs,that the pool was small' and that on weekends it is crowded. That being said, What A Great Place.
The staff we met were helpful ,accommodating, and always asking if there was anything they could do to make our stay better. Our room was large,clean, and on the 3rd floor. We were here for the beach so we didn't care what the view was from the balcony. The food at Lattitudes and inside resturant was very good. It does get busy and some times you have to wait, but with the Atlantic 200 yards away Relax and enjoy
Would recommend this hotel to my friends and will be staying here again

3 Thank HuesoNaplesFl