WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hollywood Beach Marriott

Hollywood Beach Marriott
Ranked #7 of 67 Hotels in Hollywood
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Wonderful 'baby moon' and 10 year anniversary trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here from March 28 - April 1 for short vacation prior to arrival of our 3rd child...oh and our 10 year anniversary too! This hotel did not disappoint! What truly sets this hotel apart is in fact the service, as some of the other reviews have stated. It is not the nicest Marriott we have ever stayed in, it is old (but clean) and the pool area is quite small. However, the staff truly goes out of their way to ensure you have a wonderful experience. Everyone...from the servers at the bar/restaurant to the housekeepers where friendly (I wish more of the guests were friendly...that is another story). A prime example...our room had a firm mattress. I didn't get much sleep the first night as I am 7 mo pregnant and used to a softer bed. I mentioned this to the staff when they asked how I was and....by that night they had put a feather top on the bed. Are you kidding me??? Who goes out of their way like that for guests...not many hotels in my experience. Also, from a practical perspective it is steps from the beach and a short stroll to the restaurants on the boardwalk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Turkish first
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for our 8th time March 21-27, 2013.
The staff was fantastic and very friendly. The changes they made by adding a fridge in all rooms, was a good positive. The bar outside got crowded and the service was slow but overall a very good stay.

Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

This place is very well located and a very very nice hotel to stay, all though I had a waterfront room with a balcony, and I was kind of disappointed, I mean there is a price that you pay for a non view room and another one for view and balcony, so the room was very nice and clean, we really like it and the view was great but the balcony had nothing, was a very cheap motel balcony, I have had better balcony's for half of the price in other hotels around the world and this was was a really lame one, 2 small chairs and not even a coffee table our glass of wine not nice at all.

I'll still recommend this hotel to any one travelling because the staff was amazing, the atmosphere was great and rest of the hotel was really nice, but just don't pay the over price for a room with a lame balcony.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

My Son and I just spent two glorious weeks at this Hotel Feb 25 - March 10 and rank it as one of the best we have ever stayed at. From the moment we arrived at the front desk we were greeted with a warm smile from the delightful Natasha (The Best) and this warmth permeated the whole staff throughout the hotel. We had a wonderful room overlooking the pool with views of the beach and boardwalk. The food was outstanding and the whole facility was spotless. My only suggestion is that they consider a shuttle bus for the airport as the taxi service can be slow and expensive. I recommend this hotel 10 out of 10.

Room Tip: The pool side high up for views and quietness.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Brucel499
NYC, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Any shortcomings of this hotel (smallish pool, highish beds - only a problem for short people like me, somewhat noisy air conditioning) are thoroughly outweighed by the service. This may well have been the most positive hotel experience we've ever had. Every single employee we encountered was friendly and went out of their way to make us comfortable. Special kudos to Milton & Natasia at the front desk, Scott at the pool, Elio in the restaurant, room service waiters and everyone in the concierge lounge. (BTW, the food was REALLY good.) We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Beachside corners have especially great views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BJMandLarry
Amesbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel 2 times in the last 5 years. Our last stay was this past week for my husband's conference. I can honestly say I loved this hotel more this time even though I was quite pleased 5 years ago. You can't beat the easy access to the beach. The beach itself is very large, clean and gorgeous. The water color of a turquoise and sapphire is stunning. It is always a pleasure having a drink and a meal outside facing the water. Staff service is exceptional and the food is good & priced reasonable:) The rooms are comfortable and clean, but could use a bit of freshening. I agree with another reviewer that this end of Hollywood is dowdy, but no big deal. Try to get a room facing the ocean. Access to Miami and Ft Lauderdale is great except we experienced bad bad traffic heading to Miami for dinner and ended up going back to down town Hollywood for dinner which is lovely and has tons of great restaurants.

Room Tip: as close to the ocean as possible
1 Thank Gretel101
Rigaud, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have been going to Hollywood beach Marriott for the last 7 years. Each and ever year it has proven to be the cleanest, and safest. I have stayed in many different rooms on different floors and each and every time the room was clean and fully equipped. The front desk employees are very warm and welcoming. The pool area is great there is a employee there by the name of Scot and he truly makes your vacation time a lot of fun with his great sense of humour. Service in the restaurant is very quick and always attentive, Edith and Adela made my visit more special. In the bar area there are a few different employees who are fantastic, however the one that stands out the most for me anyway is Sirihart. The Host Girard and the Hostess were just awesome people to see and talk to every morning and afternoon. As 2 women travelling alone this hotel really makes us feel secure and at home. I recommend anyone to try this hotel. I have never rented a car when I am there as there is a bus and trolley that will bring you almost any where. A taxi from the airport is 22.00 in 2013.

Room Tip: Ask for the 5th 6th or 7th floor overlooking the pool, closest to the Ocean. There are private balc...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends