“Great place!”

Hollywood Beach Marriott
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed here for a week and were very pleased with everything, especially the location, the room w/ a balcony overlooking the ocean. Yes, it was spendy, but we were treated so well, from the minute we checked in. The room was very comfortable and being able to walk every day, in or out of the ocean, was a huge plus; we didn't need to rent a car b'cuz we were right at the beach!!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room on the South side if you want to get sun all day!
There are newer reviews for Hollywood Beach Marriott

Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Every staff in this hotel is very friendly and helpful. We were greeted with smiles by the valley parking staff, to wonderful reception service and maintenance staff were at our assistance minutes after we made a request. Our room was very clean. Best of all, we could hear the ocean waves and had an amazing view of both the canal and the ocean. Their beachside restaurant offered excellent meal choices at a very reasonable price. I love Hollywood Beach and will choose it over Miami South Beach without any hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed at this resort for one night and two days after getting off a seven day Carnival Cruise. This resort was wonderful, the room was huge and well kept. Service was great and the location couldn't be better with Hollywood Beach right in your backyard. We had a room with a balcony so that was a plus as well. The resort had an outdoor pool and hot tub and plenty of lounge chairs. Food at the restaurant was excellent but a little overpriced. The "broadwalk" was great as well, so much to do! (be careful of the bikers and rollerbladers) There are also jet ski rentals and cabana/lounge chair rentals at the beach as well. Watched the football games at a bar called Nick's. Food there was great and it was very comfortable environment. Wish we could have stayed longer!

1  Thank Keri C
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Spent the weekend at this Marriott property and could not have been more pleased. Not great weather, rain, but the staff here made it great. There was not one staff member, including painters, servers, front desk who did not make it a point to say hello, hold the door, or just be courteous and friendly. One of the better experiences we have had. The manager, Mr. McDonald can be proud of his property and his staff. Thanks!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with a balcony.
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had a nice 3 night stay at this location. The hotel is kept in very good condition and the views from most balconies are great! The boardwalk area is great for exercise and entertainment. The concierge room and its employees were exceptional!

If you reserve a room with 2 queens be prepared to have a tight fit! There is only enough room to squeeze out of bed and not enough drawer space for 3 people to each have one drawer for clothing. We lived out of our suitcases. It was so small that we changed our 5 night stay to a 3 night stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have stayed here several times. I have had some sort of issue every time with some sort of incompetence in some area or another. Chalked it to a FLORIDA thing. Well after a few of these incidents I decided to not go there for awhile hoping new management would improve the place, and even checked to see if some of the same people were still employed. You see I have been coming down to Hollywood for over 20 years and really love it. Read my review Delightful to dreadful to learn more, The kicker is I was there Nov. and I was literally sexually harassed by the towel person. Being that he is 20 to 30 years younger than me, it was highly AGRESSIVE and not an innocent flirtation, even that would not have been appropriate. I wanted to make another reservation for March and was hoping he would just self destruct, because frankly people like that do, or that someone else complained and he was gone. When I addressed this with management they gave me the run around so I would not cancel my reservation and were ambiguous about if he was even given a warning or not. So with a lot of hassle and fearing for my safety I did cancel. This hotel gets by on it's location but things better get better because they will have to start paying people to stay there soon if they have lawsuits on their hands.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. I am a loyal Marriott rewards member, This hotel is franchised out and not pro...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank MABB26
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I spent 3 days and nights at the Marriott Hollywood Beach for a mini vacation in January to get away from the cold of New York City. It was our first time staying at Hollywood Beach and we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is located on a beautiful section of the beach. The views are amazing and the boardwalk is fun. My favorite times in Florida are spent sitting in the sun and we had the perfect weather and location for that. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. There is a fee for valet parking, but our car was very minutes after we called for it. The the rooms were nice, a little dark for my taste, but extremely comfortable. We travelled up to Ft. Lauderdale one day for lunch at Las Olas, which is less than 15 minutes away, and another day we drove down to Miami, which is about 40 minutes away (with traffic). I think for this reason, the location is perfect for us. We will definitely be heading back to this hotel in the near future.

2  Thank Ann Marie D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Central Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
#15 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Hollywood Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!