“Love it”

Hollywood Beach Marriott
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have stayed at this location on 3 different trips over the last 3 years it has always been very clean and the staff more than willing to help in any way they can. Valet is very prompt, house keeping unobtrusive and you can make your room COLD, looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brent B
There are newer reviews for Hollywood Beach Marriott

Reviewed August 23, 2012

The Hollywood Beach Marriott is located 4 miles from the Airport/Cruiseport and is on the beach(oceanfront) and boasts the beautiful Hollywood Beach Broadwalk. The furnishings in the hotal are beautiful oversized Key West style and accommodations very comfortable. The concierge level was awesome and the guest service was A++. A computer charger was needed and the Assistant Manager came to our assistance very timely after our request for assistance. The experience with this property was awesome. We will be returning and referring/booking our clients at the Hollywood Beach Marriott.

Room Tip: I believe most of the rooms are ocean view. We stayed in an oceanfront suite, which was beautiful~t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The hotel was nice. The rooms were just ok. There is a odd see through bathroom door?? I'm not sure about that since we were traveling with our family, it was a bit weird (kids, look away, daddy is getting out of the shower). The balcony door didn't lock, I know it sounds weird to even comment on it, but someone could easily step over from the room next door if they really wanted to. In our room we found grass growing on the floor....yes, grass. Very strange which makes be believe the rooms aren't cleaned well.

The pool was also nice, hard to find a chair. They should remove towels after 1 hour of no one using the chair.

You really have to walk to go to any restaurants or shops, but it's not far.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Came down for a couple of days to florida and decided to visit hollywood. Did our work online and found a cheAp room at the marriott.
We had a late lunch at latitudes the hotel's restaurant and had a good time . The rooms are very nice the staff were kind and our server Alex knew exactly how to serve us.
Good job marriott

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 14, 2012

It's an older hotel so you have to keep that in mind. They keep it clean. Staff was very friendly. We ate breakfast at the hotel both morning and it was yummy. We ordered off the menu. The fruit was perfect. The room is small but again it's an older hotel. The room was clean and was cleaned very quickly after we left the room in the morning.
My two complaints. 1. No fridge in the room. You have to call and if they have one you can have it. Really??? 2. The bathroom door is glass. Yes, it is glass. I know it's a wavy glass but you can still see thru. I'm sorry. I'm traveling with my kids and I would like a solid door to the bathroom. Can't I just get a little privacy while in the bathroom?!? A moment to myself!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Robin N
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The title says it all.. Some highlights of our visit here included pulling up to the entrance and watching the valet look at us like.. "are you going to get out of your car now?" haha.. I'm not joking.. After a 60 second stare down, I opened my door and the doors for everyone else in my vehicle as well. Some service from the start. We were then given a fantastic room with a view of the AC vent after requesting a room with a nice view.. I'm sure they got a great laugh when we walked away.. After waiting 10 minutes for the elevator to take us back down (yes, only 3 elevators for the entire hotel make getting up and down quite a challenge!) we headed to the pool which was small and crowded. No worries, we will just grab some towels and head to the beach.. But oh wait.. No towels? Sorry again.. Out of towels! Other highlights include sliding doors tomyour balcony that re noisy and impossible to open.. The ones that did open in the hotel I heard from my room at all hours of the night. My room wasn't cleaned until 430 the next day which is totally unacceptable. Our dinner at Latitudes was a complete and utter disaster complete with bland, over cooked food, and major mistake on our check which left us and our friends s till scratching ur heads to this moment.. I still think we were overbilled! Get this.. 3 kids dinners, 3 adult dinners, a salad, a soup and a few drinks.. $314 dollars???!?!? Anyway, they were banging down the doors at 11:15 wondering why we hadn't checked out yet .. That was the perfect ending to the perfect disaster that was the Marriott in Hollywood beach.. Great location but check out some other hotels in the area that might be a bit more welcoming to you and your family..

Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Todd G
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The hotel is great, and the location is perfectly situated on the beach.
Pros:
The views from the room as well as the restaurant, are breathtaking.
Food is delicious!! I highly recommend their breakfast buffet. The servers are attentive, friendly and fast..even while running around in the humid florida summer!
The pool area is beautiful and clean with an outstanding waitress! She had a warm outgoing personality one can only find in a Jersey Girl! And since I was there for a week, she always had my drink ready before I even ask!!
The hotel is in a great area, with a trolly that will take you to the "downtown" where there is a fun nightlife.

Cons:
The AC in the room is way too noisy!
The hotel appears a bit run-down, but the spectacular views make up for it!
The kitchen messed up my order and when the manager came to apologize (The spanish gentleman) He was a bit flustered and confused and could not offer an explanation or a discount for the mistake. I felt as though he was trying to brush it off and get out of there as quickly as possible.
The rooms have no refrigerators, and when I asked for one i was told I would be put on a waiting list! that is a bit absurd, especially since the restaurant serves such large portions, It would have been nice to take some back to the room.

Overall, My stay was a pleasant one. The workers at the front desk are warm and welcoming with a bright smile! Don't let the outside appearance fool you, Hollywood Beach Marriott is definitely worth the stay!!!

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marie S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Central Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
#16 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Hollywood Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!