“only if you're looking for lowest price, nothing else stands out”

Hollywood Gateway Inn
Ranked #57 of 69 Hotels in Hollywood
Zürich
“only if you're looking for lowest price, nothing else stands out”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was looking for the cheapest accomodation in the area and found this. Still came rather pricey at 70$ plus tax for a single room! I would have expected lower prices, but maybe it was due to high season.
This accomodation has nothing fancy about it. The rooms are in okay shape, and more or less clean. Staff is not overly helpful or friendly, and the internet connection is of very poor quality and did not work at first.
This place can be quite noisy: If you are sensitive to noise, go somewhere else. There are two major roads nearby (well heard) and the other guests are of the noisy type. Also some loud cars moving around the car park in front of the rooms at night.

There is nothing romantic or else special about this hotel. Stay there if you don't mind all of the above and if you get a real good deal on it.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room on the first floor for some extra safety feeling.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I can only recommend to stay away of this hotel. The hotel looks already crappie from the outside. Our first room was absolutely horrible. The air conditioner was falling apart and dirty and polluting the air. The air was smelling awful. The outside door / window could not be locked and if you look outside into the neighborhood there is one thing you really want to do and that's to lock your door. We demanded another room but that one wasn't any better. This time the air was smelling like urine. We took our things and left immediately. This hotel needs to be closed. Crapiest thing I have ever seen.

• Stayed March 2013

Travelers are raving about these Hollywood hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 7, 2013

PROS: Hotel in good location for access points, near major highway. Ok place to sleep over. Housekeeping and front desk staff helpful.
CONS: Hotel in need of major makeover. Start by painting the place. Breakfast not up to standard in extremely small lobby area. I could not find any butter, jams etc. to spread on the sparse amount of bagels on the days I went. There are donuts, cereal first come, first served. There is coffee. On my last night there, Incredibly I was told that there was NO PRINTER to accompany the computer that is visible in the lobby area. In this day and age I am SPEECHLESS, that they can't offer guests this basic service. I also killed 3 baby roaches in the bathroom sink area and 1 adult roach crawling up the wall over the bed. Hard to recommend.

Room Tip: Be aware that the hotel has 2 stories and no elevator.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
suffolk
Reviewed February 17, 2013

my daughter stayed here on the 16th february ,while waiting to board the cruise ship that she is going to be working on for the next 9 months , we were a bit worried as we hadn't heard from her , so I phoned the hotel , and the receptionist said that she would get her to call us as soon as she checked in , which she did , so a huge thank you to that receptionist , very helpful young lady . my daughter said that her stay was good , nice comfy bed and adequate facilities for the one nighter which is what this place is for ..My daughter said the staff were very helpful to her as she was travelling alone .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Homer Glen, Illinois
Reviewed February 13, 2013

In all honesty, sleep in your car. It's cleaner, safer, and more comfortable. The breakfast? Coffee machine & dry cereal or a factory muffin. Neighborhood- Not safe. Price- Very over priced for what you get and the location. On the plus side.... This is the place to stay if you like hookers. Need I say more...........

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I had a medical procedure performed as an outpatient at Memorial Regional Hospital and then I had to retire back to my hotel room at the Gateway Inn Hotel. My housekeeper was pleasant and very efficient when she greeted me and spruced up my room. My housekeeper didnot look like the typical housekeeper, because she was older and heavier, but she made my recovery speedy. It was a pleasure to have such a lovely person provide me with room service. I would like to commend management for her. I will definitely revisit the Gateway Inn Hotel again and recommend to others. KUDOS!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed for several weeks. My room was clean and comfortable. Housekeeper was excellent with customer service, (english speaking) and cleaning and refreshing my room. I will definitely stay at the Gateway Inn Hotel again and recommend to my family and friends.

• Stayed December 2012