“Average for one night ....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Gateway Inn

Hollywood Gateway Inn
Ranked #53 of 69 Hotels in Hollywood
suffolk
“Average for one night ....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

my daughter stayed here on the 16th february ,while waiting to board the cruise ship that she is going to be working on for the next 9 months , we were a bit worried as we hadn't heard from her , so I phoned the hotel , and the receptionist said that she would get her to call us as soon as she checked in , which she did , so a huge thank you to that receptionist , very helpful young lady . my daughter said that her stay was good , nice comfy bed and adequate facilities for the one nighter which is what this place is for ..My daughter said the staff were very helpful to her as she was travelling alone .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Homer Glen, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

In all honesty, sleep in your car. It's cleaner, safer, and more comfortable. The breakfast? Coffee machine & dry cereal or a factory muffin. Neighborhood- Not safe. Price- Very over priced for what you get and the location. On the plus side.... This is the place to stay if you like hookers. Need I say more...........

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I had a medical procedure performed as an outpatient at Memorial Regional Hospital and then I had to retire back to my hotel room at the Gateway Inn Hotel. My housekeeper was pleasant and very efficient when she greeted me and spruced up my room. My housekeeper didnot look like the typical housekeeper, because she was older and heavier, but she made my recovery speedy. It was a pleasure to have such a lovely person provide me with room service. I would like to commend management for her. I will definitely revisit the Gateway Inn Hotel again and recommend to others. KUDOS!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed for several weeks. My room was clean and comfortable. Housekeeper was excellent with customer service, (english speaking) and cleaning and refreshing my room. I will definitely stay at the Gateway Inn Hotel again and recommend to my family and friends.

• Stayed December 2012
Bentonville, Arkansas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The hotel is good to go if you are really looking to save some good money and return to the hotel only to rest and get ready for the next day. We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and the experience has been good. The hotel is very old building and the doors and windows are also old and some times gives trouble in locking. The carpet was also old and slightly damped. The breakfast was good with oats, bagels and donuts. The front desk persons also greeted well and everything was good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
La Verne, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Maybe because this is post-cruise and we just returned from the height of elegance... no, it's because this place is actually a dump. Believe the previous reviews. They are true!!!!. I'm looking at a table with stains on it and a bedcover with a cigarette burn hole in it. And this is labeled as a non smoking room. The website is very misleading. I'm looking for another place to stay. We have a two day layover before returning home on the west coast .. I can't stay here over night let alone 2 nights. Hope I can convince my husband. I do feel like I'm about to throw up.

• Stayed January 2013
Glendale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

My skin is still crawling. And for this we paid $88. They need to be shut down! Stains everywhere. Torn up carpet.old refrigerator from junk yard with rusted front. Exposed drywall with holes, FILTHY walls. Broken down beds. No coffee maker. Electrical outlets very wobbly. Air conditioning worked well though.

• Stayed January 2013