“QUIT A GOOD” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 67 Hotels in Hollywood
Canapé-Vert
“QUIT A GOOD”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

It is a mid-level hotel with an improving serve. But is in a good place, very accessible by taxi an d even by train. I thought the rooms are good and the pool is appropriate. The breakfast is aceptable, and the air conditioning is especially in summer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank mannotripo

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I needed a hotel for a few weeks in a location close to public transport, restaurants, supermarkets etc so i chose the Gateway Inn in Hollywood. Big Mistake. I changed rooms three times. First room had a broken down A/C. Then the second room was infested with bed bugs. I had red sores all over my arms & neck..the Friendly staff did provided another room which seemed to be refurbished so a lot less dirt & misery. I slept on top of the comforter though in fear of another BAD BUG attack !!!...
Cleanliness is key even if staying at a Budget Hotel...Budget should not mean unclean.
So take your chances..ask for a newer room with tiled floors and newer furniture.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room with tiled floors and newer furniture.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Trevel42

Travelers are raving about these Hollywood hotels

Fort Lauderdale, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed in a ground-floor room that happily had sliding glass doors out to a small patio concrete pad, and the lawn, and the parking lot was right there, so we used the sliding glass door a lot to come and go. Hotel is several blocks from a large shopping center with Publix, Target, Boston Market and everything else. Lobby has a printer to plug into if you need to print something out. Breakfast ("continental") was bad, though. Hostess-brand packaged powdered sugar donuts. They locked the doors early and we came back around 9 PM and had to use our room key to get in, way down at the other end of the hotel, and then a long walk back to our room.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground-floor room, they have patios outside. Buy some of your own breakfast pastry or wha...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I needed a hotel to spend the night as my new place was not yet ready. As I drove up I knew I DID NOT want to stay here, the environment alone was discouraging and the people that were hanging out there would drive fear into any individual, most of whom seemed as if they were renting rooms for sex. I did not have many other options at this last minute I thought I would at least hear what they had to say. I have to hand it to the agent at the front desk, she was super nice and the only reason I ventured further to even complete my booking and at the very least check out the state of the room. Upon entering the room I knew the toilet was broken as it was running continuously, I made my way back to the front desk and was given another room, well the air conditioning was broken in this one. That was it for me, tired, frustrated with a 2 year old after a long day in hot, sunny South Florida...thankfully I was able to get a refund.

Room Tip: Don't get a room here unless it's just for sex!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

As an overnight guest with an early Amtrak train the following morning, I was very happy to stay in this convenient location, and I found the accommodation perfectly satisfactory. I was welcomed graciously by the delightful receptionist who was helpful throughout. My room had all the amenities as offered in good working order and was clean and fresh with a little balcony with two comfortable chairs outside for smokers and/or fresh air fiends. My only complaint is that the breakfast was inadequate and of poor quality and that the person on desk duty in the morning lacked the charm and attentiveness of her lovely colleague of the previous day, but these are surely simple matters to address and did not detract too heavily from the overall enjoyment of my stay. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel, especially to Amtrak travellers who can literally walk across from the station in a matter of minutes and enjoy a relaxing shower, a good TV selection, good wifi access and a comfortable night's sleep. The area is quite acceptable and as a solo traveller I felt perfectly safe.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

It is in our opinion after travelling 5 weeks in America staying in numerous luxury Hotels, that The Hollywood Gateway Inn deserves our Number One recommendation for location, public transport, smoking outside your room - with balcony, breakfast included in the price, coffee all day and tidy facilities.

At first and as time grew near; previous negative reviews had us really worried! However my choice was based on our needs to get to Miami Sun Life Stadium for Wrestlemania and Hollywood Amtrak Station.

After the initial travel weary and odd Hotel welcome was out of the way, we found our King Room (209 – facing the car park) as specified per website, comfortable, clean enough and appliances in fair working order.

Having stayed 7 days at the Hollywood Gateway Inn the place grew on us as did the staff by revealing their happier nature. YES, we could see that the place was a bit worn for its age, although painting, paving and gardening was in action. The pool area was tidy and Breakfast was a treat.

Furthermore, we relied on public transport; as per one example the No.7 bus ($14 - 7 Day Bus Pass or $4 - All Day) travelling East towards Young Circle you have all other bus connections taking you to Hollywood Beach – No.4, Aventura Mall – No.1 (South) connecting to Miami Beach area, Fort Lauderdale – No.1 (North) connecting to the Swap Shop is the – No.40.

Walking West along Hollywood Blvd. Hollywood Amtrak Station took 8 minutes and the nearest shopping area took a 20 minute leisurely walk.

N.B. The Hotel complex has two Security points of entry with your room key. The door situated midway is not secure, period! Thus a prerequisite to unwanted and or suspicious behaviour entering as stated in previous reviews. However we were not witness to anything untoward and this security breach did not affect our stay or safety.

We hope our review has been of help and assistance…
Australian :) Travellers

Room Tip: We had a KING Room (209) with balcony overlooking the carpark area where we could relax and smoke (a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ANGIE C
Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

This was a very great hotel to stay at.I was in Miami for Wrestlemania 28 on April 1st and the best part of my trip was the the stay at this hotel.The pool was great,rooms were clean and staff was helpful.I would recommend this Hotel to anyone and will definitely stay there again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Ramada Hollywood Downtown
Ocean Inn
#12 of 67 in Hollywood
4.5 of 5 stars 472 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aventura
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aven...
#2 of 5 in Hallandale Beach
Hollywood Beach Golf Resort
Hollywood Beach Golf Resort
#22 of 67 in Hollywood
4.0 of 5 stars 166 reviews

Been to Hollywood Gateway Inn? Share your experiences!