“Stay was okay”

Ramada Hollywood Downtown
Ranked #45 of 72 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed March 16, 2005

I stayed in this hotel for one night on January 14. The hotel has been renovated and the lobby was pretty with the pond and running water. The desk clerk was friendly and checked us into our room. The room was hard to find because there are no signs telling visitors where to go but once we found it, it was clean but was not the best. There were ants on the nightstand and we were also charged for local calls. I found this hotel through PriceLine. The concierge was very helpful the next day by getting us a taxi and putting our luggage in the taxi. I wouldn't want to stay in this hotel again because it is not in the best area of town.

• Stayed: January 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (1,184)

Reviewed February 1, 2005

This hotel sounds lovely on expedia....but beware!
The room was dirty, the light did not work(and it was never fixed!), and the food was pretty lame too!
It is not a very nice area too...alot of undesirables on the street...and almost makes it a bit frightening to go out..
On the good side...its handy for universal..but that is the only good side!

2  Thank mellieha1978
Reviewed January 18, 2005

we stayed at the ramada inn hollywood and let me tell you I agree with the first writer. If you have not done much traveling then maybe this place will not bother you . I am telling you I had to move rooms because the smell of mold was horrific. the next room was a little better but not much. I dont know who would ever say this was passable. the place needs much work and the smell is overpowering. It took me all day after leaving to feel right. The reviews about the charging 20 dollars for parking was wrong. They were fare about the pricing but definately not the place i would ever go back.

• Stayed: January 2005
5  Thank karleena
Hilton Head
Reviewed January 16, 2005

Stayed here for 2 nights. When I got to my room it had a musty odor. I should have asked for another room right away but I was tired. The next day after doing some touring I found the room barely cleaned. Upon checkout I had to fight with the desk clerk to remove over $20 of local calls made to the same area code. When I first tried to get onto the internet I couldn't connect so I erroneously entered a "1" which triggered long distance calling rate, even though the calls were really local. Must have been a dollar a minute. It turned out they hadn't turned on my local phone calling. The only good thing about the hotel was it was located in "Historic Hollywood" an interesting location.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Surrey, B.C.
Reviewed January 9, 2005

Stay away!!!!!This is a terrible hotel in a very bad area .Rooms are dirty, swiming pool DOESNT EXIST , Hotels.com is a really bad company to search for the hotels-stay away!!!!!!!!! We still feel sick when we think about this smelly and ugly place .What a shame !

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 23, 2004

Rooms were clean and in good condition. Staff was helpful although we did have some confusion during check in regarding room selection.
Warning regarding noise, we were there during spring break week and I was told by other vacationers that some rooms were subject to noise from the main patio, pool area which the rooms surround in an outdoor corridor setting. Our room was tucked in a corner so we were not disturbed.

5  Thank sbcvulcan
Reviewed November 17, 2003

We stayed here for a long weekend in Nov 2003. Hotel was nice, room was very clean and is within walking distance of tons of bars/restaurants.
Beach is about 1.5 miles away but I easily found parking at a meter less than 1 block from the beach. Hotel pool was nice. For the $59 web rate we paid (+ $4 a night for parking), this hotel far exceeded our expectations.

4  Thank TaraR