“Needs to be cleaned”

Ranked #47 of 72 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I rented four rooms at this hotel. The location was good, but the rooms were dated and only surface clean. I did not take my socks off or shower. I waited until I go to our ship. I was embarassed that I selected it and it was not cheap! It has great potential - but I will not stay again. My room was not ready and the refrigerator did not keep our beverages cold.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Hello Patricia B from Warminster, Pennsylvania
Thank you for choosing the Ramada Hollywood Downtown. The goal of my team and I is to provide you, our guest safe, clean and comfortable lodging with the spirit of fun. I am sorry we fell short of our goals with you during your stay with us. I have shared your review with my housekeeping team. Had we have known the issues you were experiencing we would have addressed it immediately and make it right. Again I apologize for not providing you with the experience you deserved and my team and I look forward to another opportunity to be of service to you, so you may enjoy the positive and fun experience the Ramada Hollywood Downtown has to offer.
Ramada Hollywood Downtown

Write a ReviewReviews (1,189)

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We checked in on January 23, 2014 and were pleasantly surprised. Definitely an older property but very nice and clean. Complimentary breakfast was nice and was in a large room. The pool area was so cute. They have a tiki bar that opens at 5pm that has beer, soft drinks, burgers etc. The room was old but clean and the beds were comfortable. Parking is an extra 5.25. The best thing is the great location! walking distance to all kinds of places. Yohanka and Keith at the front desk were soooo helpful. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank skydalton
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Hello skydalton from Deltona, Florida
Thank you for the opportunity you gave us to be your home away home while here in the Hollywood / Fort Lauderdale area.
My team and I strive to provide our guests with safe, clean and comfortable lodging with a touch of fun. Be assured I will let the team know how pleased you were with us and I will pass on your special kudos to Yohanka and Keith.
We look forward to be of service to you again,

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Staff was sweet but confused. Couldn't find reservation and said they had no king rooms available which I paid for. They found a king room which was terrible and smelled even for a non-smoking room. Sheets were not clean. Hang out area is too close to the rooms...did not feel safe at all. Very disappointing for a Ramada.

• Stayed: February 2014
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you Medusa924 from New York City, New York for choosing the Ramada Hollywood Downtown.
My team and I feel badly that you felt it would have been better to sleep in the airport. When flights are cancelled it is frustrating to everyone. Reservations that are made on the internet either by computer or mobile take time to enter the hotel property's system. Our hotel is very busy and many times reservations that are not made directly with the hotel or our Ramada brand website do not always reflect the true desire of our guests. We do our best to change rooms
ex. from smoking to non-smoking but this is not always possible. My team and I are sorry this happened to you.
Our Ramada Hollywood Downtown is a nostalgic, eclectic, hotel with the spirit of fun. My team and I look forward to another opportunity to be your lodging choice under better circumstances.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

just spent 3 nights there, really good location, very clean, good housekeeping, friendly front desk, free breakfast, free newspaper, the only downside was a small parking garage, don't bring a big car, you wont fit, and they charge $5.25 per night to house your car

Room Tip: I stayed room 517, I thought it was good
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank joeh54359
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you joeh54359 from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for telling everyone about your stay at the Ramada Hollywood Downtown.
My team and I appreciate knowing that we have succeeded in our goals of providing you, our guest clean, safe and comfortable lodging with a touch of fun.
We look forward to your return next time you are here in South Florida.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Richard K
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Reviewed January 30, 2014

If you are planning a trip to the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area, consider Hollywood. The downtown is charming, great restaurants and all the rest and the Ramada Hotel is right in the middle of it all. Wonderful staff - I think that is what really makes this hotel special. I travel a lot and stayed here to be near my son and his family. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. The price is right, the staff and atmosphere are as close to being among friends and family as you can get in a lodging experience. Check out Hollywood, Florida and stay at the Ramada!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you Maura C from Burlington, Vermont
My team and I appreciate the opportunity you gave us by choosing us to be your home away from home. The Ramada Hollywood Downtown strives to provide our guests clean, safe and comfortable accommodations with a touch of fun. Thank you for letting us know we have accomplished our goals and we look forward to seeing you again next time you are here in the Hollywood/Fort Lauderdale area.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

2  Thank Charles B
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014