“Great location and rates.”

Ramada Hollywood Downtown
Ranked #29 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great location and rates.”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Great hotel, kept up and clean. The hotel is central to a lot of restaurants and night life within walking distance. Compared to other reviewers I did not have the noise problem, perhaps the AC drowned it out. The staff was friendly and nice, it was decorated nicely as well and updated.

The Wi-Fi did not work well for me on the sixth floor but ice machines were full and the breakfast was good too. They even have a tiki bar on the pool and cook light lunches and dinner. I did not get a chance to eat there but they were making hamburgers and it smelled so good.

Parking and be a problem and they do charge for it, it has two levels and very cramped. I drove a full size truck and believe me it can be a push, good parking and no parking fees would make this a 5 out of 5.

I would come back and stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Tachdriver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Greek first
Valrico, Florida
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We had a great experience. The hotel has personality. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We enjoyed the pool and the courtyard. Breakfast was good and had a good variety of quick breakfast foods including biscuts!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Close to all tha placesu will like to go, many amenities salo,gym,..Is only one word awesome

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 7, 2011

The only reason why I am writing this review is because, it was the bad review that cause me 3wks to finally select a hotel. Even after I selected this hotel I was really worried because of the other reviews. However, this hotel was worth every dime. I stayed on the 6th floor. A lot of ppl complained about noise from the surrounding clubs I didn't hear any thing. The maids were SUPER nice. Other reviews complained about the beach and how far it was with out a car. But what they didn't mention is that there is a trolley that costs $1.00 to ride to the beach. I received 4 complimentary drinks. The pool is a little small but goes to 9ft. The breakfast was okay. Better than what I had at another hotel in Augusta GA. Also I saw a few pple complain about having to pay to park I was there 4 nights and it was $16 and some change. Then only bad part is the upper level is kind of small but the lower level has bigger spaces. The other bad this is the elevators were not cool. But nothing to give them a bad review for. North Miami is 15mins by car. The mall is 9 mins away old navy, Ross, Starbucks less then 10 mins away. My next trip to fort lauderdale u will be staying there. The managment while I didn't meet them did an outstanding job!

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank LadiJaye
Arequipa
Reviewed May 26, 2011

It is the worst hotel in my whole life, was so disgusting.....the room was not only old, but with a heavy smell from cigarretes. We had a room in front of the pool, and all the night the pool was full of drunk people, screaming, swearing....ugghhh!! all night long. The bathroom looked dirty in the corners....the sofa chair was dirty, with ton of dust over it....it was so disgusting that the next morning we just packed and leaved with no breakfast, we just wanted to be out of there.

We get into this hotel beacuse we didn´t find another one in the middle of the night...and it was soooo expensive.....you wouldn't believe!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Miluparo
São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed April 30, 2011

We stayed at Ramada Hollywood for 3 nights. Room was clean, staff was super nice. Great value.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank LauraMello
Denver
Reviewed March 20, 2011

I had stayed here 3 years ago and it was great. After reading the reviews here that complained about noise, cleanliness and friendliness of the staff, I was worried. I even warned my co-worker that this could be a bad experience. However, we were both pleasantly surprised. The hotel was even better than I remembered it. The front desk staff were wonderful, helpful, and friendly the entire weekend. The rooms are simple, but very clean. I don't know what people are talking about in these reviews about the carpets being dirty and turning their socks black. We didn't see any of that. It is an "outside hotel" so all the rooms open to the outside - if people are being loud in the courtyard, then yes, it can be loud in the rooms. We had that happen for about 5 minutes the first night, but it didn't last. I heard nothing on the second night (a Saturday during prime spring break time!). I always travel with "heavy duty" earplugs, so I wasn't worried - but I didn't even use them. I love having parking right on site - that was so convenient. Yes, it costs a little, but its really a nominal fee and much better than searching for a spot on the street in that area. The location is the best part of this hotel. It really doesn't get any better than this. You can walk right out the door to Hollywood Blvd, restaurants, bars and all the great nightlife. Perfect!
Everything was wonderful! I will definitely stay there again. Thank you Ramada!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business