“Nice hotel for pre and post cruise stay.”

Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Hollywood/Airport South
Ranked #56 of 69 Hotels in Hollywood
Clinton
“Nice hotel for pre and post cruise stay.”
Reviewed March 12, 2011

Stayed before and after a cruise with a group of 4 other couples. Entire staff was EXTREMELY accommodating!!! Rooms were clean. Great location and value. Didn't here one person in our group or the lobby make a complaint. I think repairs to the drywall in one of our rooms could have been completed a little better. Keep up the building to compliment the great staff you have working there!!! Only downfall is the service at the Denny's next door. Maybe they could take some lessons from your staff!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Rod476
HernandezGM, Manager at Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Hollywood/Airport South, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Thank you for the nice review. We hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Collingwood, Ontario Canada
Reviewed March 11, 2011

I reserved this hotel on-line thru expedia at a very good rate and in response to positive reviews and ratings. The reviews were "right on"...hotel is easily accessible off I-95 and just 9 minutes to Fort Lauderdale airport. It is a nice clean hotel with very good value for what we paid considering the airport location, free transportation, breakfast ,pool, weight room,etc. There is no restaurant in the hotel but right next door is a Denny's and a gas station for snacks, etc. Our room was a decent size and clean as was the lobby area. Lots of storage areas, closets, drawers etc. Free internet was easily accessed and functioned very well. In fact I am writing this review right now from the lobby on the free Internet. Roof top pool was very clean although just a bit noisy due to high traffic in area. It was very pleasant sitting by the pool on our 1st morning enjoying the lovely warm breeze after escaping from the cold and snow of Ontario. We were picked up at the airport and today are being taken to Port Everglades at noon. Front desk staff was most co-operative and helpful. The breakfast was a high end continental with extras like pancakes, french toast, eggs- it was more than I expected from a continental. My only complaint about it is the server was not very friendly or welcoming. She did nothing discourteous but could have smiled a bit. I am quite pleased with this hotel and would recommend it and use it again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank sandry
Ontario
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Booked the hotel for the value and the complimentary airport and cruise port shuttle. Picked up at the airport within 30 minutes, but that hotel shuttle pickup area is a chaotic free for all. Taking a taxi would have been much nicer. Front desk staff was nice, was disappointed on arrival that all of the cruise port shuttles were booked until 1 pm. Room was a bit dingy, there were tiny ants crawling on the window sill and on the desk. We decided it was "clean enough" and stayed there but as I said in the title probably wouldn't again. Breakfast was a zoo...too many people too many bags we just went to Denny's and paid for our breakfast, we did get a 15% discount by saying that we were from the Days Inn. This Denny's or across the road at the Holiday Inn are the only places to eat nearby. We had a nice dinner at the Holiday Inn, they have a beautiful pool..I would consider staying there in the future. We also received a 10% discount there for saying we were from the Days Inn. Check out was fast, we had decided we would just take taxi and avoid the lobby and shuttle mess all together. It was almost 11:30 and people were still waiting for the 11:00 shuttle and they were not happy! Walked right out and into a taxi, only cost $20. I also left my noise cancelling heaphones in the room, I realized after I got back after my cruise, I called to try to speak to someone several times to try to get them back but everytime I call the person who looks after found items is NEVER available. I'm sure someone is enjoying my headphones. Overall not great, but not quite bad enough to have left, but I think I'll choose somewhere else for my next Fort Lauderdale stay.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank nickiford
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2011

We paid way too much for staying one night. We booked this hotel and paid the price specifically because of its location and shuttle to/from airport and shuttle to the cruise terminal. We thought we'd be saving some bucks because of these added services. Yep, we got the shuttle from the airport, but upon arrival at the Days Inn (9:00 pm) we requested the shuttle to the cruise terminal only to be told the available times were 9 am and 2 pm, totally not in keeping with our schedule. I then said to the check-in person, 'I guess we should have booked a spot before we checked in' to which I was told I would not have been able to as requests were on a 'first come' basis and only upon arrival at the hotel! If only I had known this up front which I called directly to book. They then asked if I'd like to book a taxi which I did. The next morning, the taxi was an hour earlier than requested (and yes, this taxi service is booked by the hotel on a consistent basis and they know the driver and his car). We have driven all over the world and in the craziest traffic anywhere, but this taxi ride was ridiculous. The car was over 25 years old, the drive spent the entire time on his cell phone operating his business of routing his other cabs, broke many road rules (yes, don't we all), but putting our lives in danger. No kidding. The room was par, at best, and brekkie was horrible. Never again!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WesternGardener
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 6, 2011

My dad and I traveled down to Miami for a quick trip and we stayed here based on another friend being at the same hotel. Employees that we encountered were nice and the hotel and rooms were clean and quiet. You can hear the sound of the interstate at night, but traffic noise doesn't bother me. Not right near the beaches or downtown, but can easily drive to where you need to go from this location.
Had a hot breakfast buffet as well as your typical cereals, bagels, etc. Most places don't have scrambled eggs, so it was nice to have protein first thing in the morning. And the cofffee was actually good :) Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank abs1241
Oceanside, New York
Reviewed February 4, 2011

One of the main reasons we chose 2 rooms from this hotel was for the free airport shuttle to hotel and next day free shuttle to cruise port. We called at 10:45 PM when we retrieved luggage from the airport & were told they would be there in 15 minutes and wait to be picked up by the free Dayinn shuttle at a specified point which we stood in front of. After 1/2 hour,we called and they lied to us and said that they thought we we at a different terminal which we were not.They said he was in airport & would be to us in 5 minutes. By the way my wife was sitting in a wheelchair as she was recovering from a stroke that she had a few months ago.15 more minutes went by & they still never showed. Our friends were at the hotel waiting for us to be picked up so they could see us at the hotel for a few minutes.They asked at the desk and no shuttle was dispatched.They said a different shuttle was going to leave DaysInn now to pick us up.After being lied to again for an hour and a half in total,we called the Days Inn corporate office. They called the local franchise who said they would send someone now (again). After 15 more minutes of no shuttle showing up and my wife feeling sick,we got in a cab and who took us to the hotel.The shuttle never came. They did reimburse us for the cab fare and made a big deal of that. I said if they picked us up as promised , they would not have had to pay for it. It was not my fault they never showed up. I asked to speak to the manager who was not there at 1AM. They said she would be in in the morning and this kind of thing happens with the night shuttles all the time.In the morning ,the clerk said the manager would not be in ,but she would take $10.00 off per room as a courtesy. I said i'd like to speak to the manager on the phone. After waiting about 45 minutes and my Dayinn free shuttle to cruise port waiting for me,the manager finally got on the phone with me and told me there is nothing more she could do for me than the $10.00 discount because she paid for the taxi. I paid the bill and got in the shuttle and left. I think it is disgraceful that Days Inn would let a franchisee handle customers this way.Paying for 2 rooms with this much waiting,one of the rooms should have been comped.I don't want anyone reading this to think that I am a complainer. The hotel was beautiful,bed comfortable,rooms were real nice and free breakfast was terrific and the free shuttle in the morning was great. Why did they have to ruin it with the lying about a phantom shuttle coming to get us from the airport?If you use this hotel,don't expect a ride from the airport,but everything else is first class.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Canadian in Hawaii
Reviewed February 1, 2011

waiting at the airport for the wrong bus was bad enough but the rude staff who would not honor my printed out price and non smoking room with pet was too much.. I cancelled my next 7 days, good thing as the noise and lack of proximity to the beaches would have made it much worse.. go to Hollywood beach to check into a small mom and pop hotel that will be one block from the nicest promenade that you will see in florida... it took me a few hrs of tossing and turning b4 I realized that I was smelling a man's bad cologne on my sheets... disgusting...

• Stayed December 2010