“"Wonderful Stay"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Hollywood/Airport South

Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Hollywood/Airport South
Ranked #51 of 69 Hotels in Hollywood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Mckinney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

You get what you pay for right? Well, the Days Inn gave me more than I expected. I was given a newly renovated room on the sixth floor. New bed, furniture, wall fixtures, art, and carpet. The matress was comfortable. The Air condiditioner quietly cooled more room. The fridge chilled my beverages as cold as they could get without freezing.
The staff was great too. Room was clean. Beds made, carpet vacuumed, towels and soap replaced daily. Breakfast wasn't special, but it was good. I couldn't get myself to eat powdered eggs, but the hot potatoes were okay. They had french toast slices, ego type waffles, english muffins, bagels and a small choice of cereals to go with fresh fruit and yogurt. You could wash it all down with a decent cup of coffee and your choice of juice from the juice bar.
The lady working the breakfast area was great. She kept the breakfast area stocked while I was there. I got up early and ate then went about some business. When I returned just after 10:00, the breakfast bar was still fully stocked even though the serving hours were close to finishing. She cleaned every table and seat as customers left.
They had a bar cart set up in the late afternoon. I didn't take advantage of it as I'm a BYOB traveler, but they had top shelf liquors to serve if you were interested.
I came down for a funeral. I'll come back for the beach because the hotel is in a great location. It's not in the best part of town but it's just ten minutes from the nicest beach around and close to the highway. I priced the rooms at the beach and... I'll stay at the Days Inn and drive. Hope this review was helpful. I really had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Mark H
Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We recently travelled to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida to go on a cruise and we stayed one night before the cruise at the Days INN Hollywood and one night after the cruise and had extra special treatment. The night before there were 2 young women working the desk and were very accommadating and very polite and helpful. Also, there is a makeshift bar set up in the lobby every evening and they were not shy about pouring drinks. And when we wanted to book the shuttle for the next day to go to the cruise port they told us that it would be cheaper to take a cab and made sure it was there in time so we would not be late. Our night after the cruise we had a very nice man behind the desk who bent over backwards to help us. We had got off the ship at 5 am and got to the hotel around 7 and check in was not until 4 pm. He did everything in his power to get us a room early for myself and my Husband as well as the couple we were travelling with. He got us into a room around 12 noon. I recommend anyone that is in in the ft. Lauderdale area or going on a cruise from Port Everglades to stay at this hotel. You will not be disappointed. There is also a very nice pool on the 3rd floor.. There is no restaurant in the hotel but there is a Dennys right on the property.

Room Tip: Right now there is only non-smoking rooms. The 2nd floor which was the smoking room floor is being r...