Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Hollywood/Airport South
Ranked #52 of 69 Hotels in Hollywood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I`ve spent only one night at this hotel with my husband and kid before we catch our flight at Fort Lauderdale airport. Our room was clean but very basic, nothing special but that was what we needed. The breakfast is also simple and basic. What makes me give a five star at this place is the staff. They did all possible to made us comfortable:
- We asked for a silent room at the check in and they gave us one in the end of the hallway, it was really silent.
- They scheduled our transfer to the airport at the time we wanted, it runs very softly with a van only for us 3. The airport is really easy to reach, in 10 minutes we were there.
- we lost the key of the lock of one suitcase and they help us to open it with a special tool.
- they kept our luggage in a room store for a week free of charge because our internal flight didn't allow them.
- And after all this rush before our flight I forgot my just bought I phone in my bedroom, I noticed only after my check in at the airport. I called the hotel and they offered to send it by FedEx, but I asked to kept there because I would come back in a week. And they did as I told.
The staff deserves all my gratitude.
Thanks everyone!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Good:
-Clean and comfortable rooms
-Good airco/heater
-Breakfast included in rate
-Comfortable beds
-Plenty of free parking around hotel
-Very easy access from I-95

Less Good
-Quality of breakfast quite simple, pretty much carbs only, but hey, its included so ok....
-Check in was slow with many errors. Booking made through booking.com was not received by
hotel. Only because I had a confirmation printout from Bookin.com did we get the correct
room/price. After flying from 18 hours, all you want to do is to get to bed as soon as possible,
note spend time in reception because booking is not there. In the end it was solved though.
-Neighbourhood is not exactly trendy, but there is a restaurant just opposite the hotel
-Reception and breakfast area seems quite run down, compared to the good quality of the
rooms (at least on the 6th floor)

Room Tip: At least on the 6th floor the rooms seems to be renovated and the corridors seems to be nicer than o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Used hotel based on reviews, price & location for one night before our cruise out of Miami. Lower airfares and a direct flight made flying into Fort Lauderdale our best option. The free shuttle from airport to hotel arrived within 15 minutes of our call, and we were the only people on board. Check-in went smoothly (during the super bowl!)- many staff & travelers watching the game in the lobby. Ate dinner at the Denny's across the parking lot. Rooms were clean and acceptable. The biggest negative, as mentioned by others, is the traffic noise. The building is literally 50 yards from elevated I-95 and at no time can you fail to here the trucks rushing by. Use the heating/cooling unit to make some white noise, or bring earplugs & you'll be probably be able to sleep. Our room was on the top floor (6th) and as far away from the highway as possible- I really wouldn't have wanted to be in a room adjacent to the freeway. Breakfast was decent- middle of the road. We took the SAS shuttle from hotel to port of Miami ($15 per person, 30 minutes). Overall, would use the hotel again pre-cruise for 1 night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
#26 of 69 in Hollywood
3.5 of 5 stars 910 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port

Been to Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Hollywood/Airport South? Share your experiences!