“Great location, service and extras...”

Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Hollywood/Airport South
Ranked #57 of 71 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed March 14, 2012

1 night pre-cruise
Conveniently located in a nice area, near Large strip mall (Marshall's,Ross,Restos)
Very clean room, nice pool
Front desk very helpful
Appreciated the Airport pickup and Port drop off
Comp.Breakfast
Great for families

1  Thank MTLCRUISEFAMILY
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Hollywood/Airport South

Reviewed March 12, 2012

I have stayed several times in this hotel for the sole purpose of taking a cruise from the nearby Port Everglades. The first time we specifically stayed here because it was an award winning hotel in the Days Inn chain and it offered free parking while we were on the cruise. The rooms are fine, nothing special but this hotel offers a Happy Hour in the evening in the lobby. That's when those who are going on a cruise and those who just got off a cruise get together and talk. Believe me, there was a lot of action in the lobby - something I was not used to. I met a woman who was going to be on my cruise and we became friends throughout the cruise - all because of meeting her at the Days Inn lobby.

Upon signing in at the hotel, get your ticket for the free port shuttle for the next day. When I stayed there last month, they actually had so many people that they had two shuttles running at the same time. There is no free shuttle back to the hotel after your cruise (cab $25) unless you are spending the night.

There is a nice breakfast buffet in the morning but if you don't like that, there is a Denny's across the parking lot. They are also across the side street from a Holiday Inn.

The hotel is very convenient to I-95 yet the noise did not seem to bother me or my companions. I am rating this stay excellent for the purpose it served - staying somewhere clean, affordable, free shuttle and a place to leave my car while on a cruise.

Room Tip: We asked to be near an elevator since my friend had just had knee surgery. When we got in late, the...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jane S
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We recently stayed at this property before going on a cruise. The Days Inn was much nicer than expected. It was clean had a nice outdoor pool and they provided transportation to the cruiseport as well as letting you park a car while away. Our room was large and bright. The breakfast in the morning was better than we had in other overnight hotels on the way to Florida - a good selection of food. My daughter and son with their families also each rented a room and everyone was very satisfied. We certainly will stay there again if we leave for another cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

When wE ARRIVED in Ft. lauderdale we CALLED THE hotel and from that point on eveything was perfect. The staff was very pleasant and helpfull. The shuttle service was great and was on time. will definitelly stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gayle C
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Like many other reviewers we stayed at the Days Inn Hollywood after a cruise. A very clean, convenient location, with friendly staff. Would stay again and recommend it for others.

1  Thank Mark Y
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I chose this hotel because it advertises free shuttle to/from airport and cruise port, and free breakfast. On arrival at the airport you call the hotel to request the shuttle and, because my flight was late and arrived at peak time for disembark/embark cruise times, I had to wait about 45 minutes for the shuttle. Hotel staff were very apologetic about this, but it worked out fine. The room was very good, more than adequate for my purpose. The only downside was the quality of the "breakfast" offered--this was NOT one of the better breakfasts I have experienced in similar establishments, but was fine to grab a piece of toast or pastry prior to boarding the ship and having unlimited food. For a more substantial breakfast, there is a Denny's 24 hour restaurant virtually in the parking lot, and a restaurant that serves all meals in the Holiday Inn across the street where I had a very nice dinner with friends the night before my cruise. Another plus is free internet available throughout the hotel. The shuttle to the cruise port was booked when I checked into my room and was available within a very few minutes of the requested time--this also depends to some degree on the traffic to/from the cruise port. On another note, the price to reserve a room had dropped by about 50% when I checked the website the night before my booking as they had obviously not sold all rooms, but no price adjustment was offered--I would not recommend waiting for a last minute bargain tho' as it would be unlikely during peak cruise season, but that did affect my rating for value. Cleanliness did not get top marks, but that is only because the lobby is difficult to keep spotless when there is a constant crowd of people coming and going from cruise ships or the airport. Overall a positive experience and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I had a room on the top floor and had absolutely no problems
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ozzi_10
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We stayed at this Days Inn Fort Lauderdale a day before we left for our cruise. We called for pick up at the airport and within 15 minutes they were there to pick us up at a very busy hotel pickup area. Our room was wonderful. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Breakfast in the morning was very busy and crowded but felt they did well with what they had. Waited a little long for the free shuttle to the ship but we got there in plenty of time. We had a group of 10 couples and it worked out great! Will keep this hotel in my book for our next trip down to Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Karen B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Ramada Hollywood Downtown
Ramada Hollywood Downtown
#34 of 71 in Hollywood
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites

Been to Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Hollywood/Airport South? Share your experiences!