“nice place to stay, close to the airport”

Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South
Ranked #37 of 72 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed June 17, 2014

First of all, I am writing about a different hotel that I could not find on your list. It is the Quality Inn & Suites Airport/Cruise Port South located on 2520 Stirling Road, Hollywood, Florida. 33020.We have stayed at this hotel twice when we fly fro there to Montego bay, Jamaica. We drive our car from Fort Myers, over to Fort Lauderdale and spend the night in this great hotel which is only about a 10-minute drive to the airport. The hotel runs shuttles back & forth to the airport free of charge. We are also able to leave our vehicle there for a small charge the week that we are gone. The hotel, staff & facilities are always clean, courteous & helpful & friendly. We have already booked our upcoming trip again in December here again.

Room Tip: They do have an elevator if you prefer an upper room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jack B
Joe K, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Jack B,
Thank you very much for the great review you posted of the Quality Inn & Suites on TripAdvisor. We recently switched names, but you definitely reached out to the correct page, and we are happy you did. I am happy to hear that you were able to receive the airport shuttle both to and from the airport. Along with the free shuttles to and from the airport, we also have a free shuttle to the Port for a cruise, free breakfast, and free WiFi on the property. I am extremely happy that you found the grounds to be clean, and that our staff was able to help you out during your stay. Thank you again for your kind review, and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

I loved my stay at this hotel. The beds are comfortable and rooms are clean. The breakfast in the morning is very good. My favorite part of my stay here was the pool bar. If you are anywhere near this hotel you must go to the pool bar. Maria (only there during the day till 5:00) is GREAT!! Made us feel like we were at home with family. She makes the best drinks in Hollywood. I would go back here just to spend time with her. I loved my time there just wish it had been longer. I will choose this hotel again just to spend time with Maria!! Only negative about this hotel is the lady that works the pool bar at night is not very attentive to the customers. She seemed more interested in watching TV than her customers.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cathy M
Joe K, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Cathy M,
Thank you very much for the review you posted on TripAdvisor describing your time at the Quality Inn & Suites. I am very happy to read your high praise for our pool bar, especially Maria. I will be sure to pass along your kind words, and I am sure they will put a big smile on her face. I am also happy to hear that you found the accommodations to be nice, clean, and comfortable. We really enjoy reading reviews from guests that having nothing but nice things to say. Thank you again for posting this review, and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

A staff name Teresa is very helpful & one of the best that Quality Inn should be proud off. Dirty floors, bed, ants everywhere. Horrible hotel that I regret why we stayed there. I don't feel comfortable sleeping, noisy air conditioned. Hair in the towel rack.

Room Tip: I didn't see good at this hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Leoj A

Leoj A,
Thank you for posting your review of your time at the Quality Inn & Suites on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you found Teresa to be extremely helpful, and we are most definitely proud of her. Your comments are very important to us, and we value all guest feedback. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the necessary department so we can take care of these issues. I am sorry that you did not have a great experience with us, and I hope we can make it up to you one day. Thank you again for taking the time to post this review.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

It is now called Quality Inn & Suites Airport/Cruise Port. I stayed here when i was going on a cruise in Jan and in March. I like that they shuttle service to/from airport and also cruiseport. Shopping area just around the corner within walking distance. Taco place, Macdonalds, Burger King . gas station within this area.
I will stay here again staff was nice. Had a problem with our room door and the guy was up to try to fix in no time. We had to move to another room. Just remember when closing your door check to make sure it is .
They had a pool but it was cold but we did sit around the pool. We were they to check in early before and after cruise so we sat around in the sun waiting for our room.
This hotel is not a 4 stars so if you are looking for that look somewher else. But it has a 2 oe 3 star rating and it is cheap on some sites and for a night here and there it is good.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank hopefulCanada

Dear hopefulCanada,
Thank you for posting your review of the Quality Inn & Suites on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that enjoyed your time with us. Our complimentary shuttle service, both to and from the airport, and to the cruise port if you are going on a cruise, is something we like to provide our guests with to make their travel days a little less stressful. We are always glad when guests are able to take full advantage of that amenity. You also mentioned our location, which is great for eating and shopping if you are visiting for a short period of time. Thank you again for the review, and hope to have you back in the future.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Like so many others, I was here before a cruise and appreciated the shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port.

Check in was easy and convenient. The room was nice and a bit dated. We had to beds, so it felt a little cramped with the table and chairs in front of the windows. The furniture was odd, old and had openings for things no longer present, such as a safe and a fridge, but it was sturdy and useful.

I loved to proximity to shopping and restaurants in walking distance, as we needed things from the Kmart.

The staff was super friendly and the lobby was welcoming.
Our door was difficult to open and close.
New bathroom was nice and the shower pressure was great.
Quiet room on the 4th floor.

Breakfast was good, but not great. Eggs, sausage, cereal, 2 waffle stations, hard boiled eggs, danishes and donuts.

Pool area was nice with odd tables that made eating on them difficult because of the holes in the iron lattice. The inside area was very crowded.

I would not hesitate to stay here again!

Room Tip: Liked the top floor room to avoid noises from above.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Penguin S

Dear Penguin S,
Thank you for posting your descriptive review of the Quality Inn & Suites on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that enjoyed your time with us. Our complimentary shuttle service, both to and from the airport, and to the cruise port if you are going on a cruise, is something we like to provide our guests with to make their travel days a little less stressful. We are always glad when guests are able to take full advantage of that amenity. I am glad that you found our staff to be extremely friendly, as it is their duty to make our guests feel welcome from their first step inside the lobby. Thank you again for the review, and hope to have you back in the future.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

First off if you're looking for 5 star lodging, keep looking. This is average lodging but offered everything we needed. Yes, it is a older property but is well maintained. Check in can be hectic due to fellow cruisers checking in and out.

We were given the wrong room at first but it was corrected promptly. Room was clean and comfortable. The following morning the hair dryer died. Called the front desk, sent a maintenance man to look at it and replaced it in 10 minutes.

The pool/bar area was a nice place to relax. The breakfast buffet was OK, just grabbed a few things from it.

We used the hotel shuttle for airport pickup and the wait was less than 10 minutes. Driver was friendly. We even went back to the hotel after our cruise and hung out around the pool area for about 3 hours due to a late flight and took advantage of the shuttle again to return to the airport.

There is a K-Mart, Big Lots and a few other stores for your cruise last minute shopping in a mall next to the hotel along with a Taco Bell and McDonalds. We ate at the Moonlite Diner next to K-Mart the food was good and reasonable.

I got this at a great price thru Choice Hotels website advanced purchase rate of $79.00

We are planning on staying here next time for our next cruise.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jake3859

Dear Jake3859,
Thank you for the review you posted on TripAdvisor describing your time with us at the Quality Inn & Suites. I am glad to hear that we were able to take care of the issues you experienced quickly and efficiently. I am also happy to read that you were able to take advantage of everything the hotel has to offer. The free shuttle service, to and from the airport, the complimentary breakfast buffet, and our pool area are our feature amenities. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to post this descriptive review, and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

The Inn is clean. —I'll say that for it, —but it is like a 1950s roadside motel, slightly updated but really, really tired. Prices in the Fort Lauderdale area have gone through the roof, because of all the cruise ships, particularly on weekends, and at $189 including tax, it was one of the least expensive. Breakfast was the usual, but served in a room far too small for the number of guests: cereals, yogurt, juices, coffee, scrambled eggs, pastries, and make-your-own waffles. Then you could take a free shuttle to your ship.
I suspect that offering free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the ship is a major attraction for cruisers. However, the hotel-to-ship shuttle led to total chaos in the lobby of the Inn. People were trying to check in from ships that had docked, and people going to one or another of the six ships scheduled to sale in the afternoon were clamoring for places on the bus. The poor scheduler for the shuttles had to endure angry complaints from passengers and even those who were promised non-existent rooms at the Inn, though he said he was not associated with the latter. I felt sorry for him. Yes, you can save a few bucks by staying at this Inn, but frankly, I'm not sure it was worth the aggravation, especially for the below-average quality of the property.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank forsl

Dear forsl,
Thank you for posting your review of the Quality Inn & Suites on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you found our hotel to be reasonably priced, and that the room you stayed was clean and comfortable. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our breakfast buffet, as well as the shuttle services we offer to the airport and to the cruise port. Occasionally, during the busy season for hotels and cruises, our lobby can become a bit chaotic when guests are leaving for their cruises. We have to do a better job of managing the guests that our checking out, and the ones checking in for their reservation. Thank you again for this helpful review.
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South & Cruise Port
Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Hollywood/Airport South

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South? Share your experiences!