“I like the hotel but just one thing”

Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South
Ranked #36 of 71 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I always stay at the comfort inn near Oakwood Plaza mall from time after time. I was there on Aug 4th weekend. I love the staffs as always and food was nice. However there was a part where I had to walk to get to my room that smells kinda like someone pissed in the walk way. I would hope that the staffs will notice it and take care of the walk way area. I can see the Hampton Inn adjacent leading to where the pool and lobby is(This is where I smelled it)...Also the pool looked a bit blurry so I didnt use it. I also had to killed a big roach in my room one night..... Other than that I enjoyed my stay..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Cooper962
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here before and it was ok. However, this time my husband paid $10 extra to upgrade us to a "suite" with a wall separating the "bedroom" from the "living area" and having a fridge and microwave. When we arrived, all we could do was laugh. We were too tired to do anythng else. The so called suite was much smaller than our regular room on our last stay. There was a wall, but the room was so small it just took up space. However the coup des gras came when my husband dropped a pen while sitting on the sofa. When he reached down to get it he found a condom wrapper right there on the floor. The ice maker did not work. So we had to get ice from the Hampton Inn next door. When we checked out, my husband told them about the condem wrapper and how it digusted us. They offered no compensation for that. So beware of suites bearing gifts.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Great hotel, free breakfast, free airport transport and free transfer to cruise ship! Rooms were clean and facility was very nice. Great location near Oakwood Plaza where you can shop and eat. Had a nice pool and staff were friendly. Everything went well for me and my family. Terrific experience.

Room Tip: Great value for the price and can walk to nearby plaza. Nice accommodations for short stay.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Lucy-Anne J
Joe K, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Lucy-Anne J,

Thank you so much for the glowing review you posted on TripAdvisor of your stay at the Comfort Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port South. We always enjoy hearing about guests being able to take advantage of the amenities we have to offer. Our free shuttle to and from the airport as well as our free transfer to the cruise port is what separates us from similar hotels in the area. I am also glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our pool, and that our staff treated you well during your stay. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to them. Thank you again for the review, and it would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again.

Joseph Katz
Director of Customer Service
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Hello all....I like quality, for a deal....I travel a lot and was impressed with the paint outside and inside the buildings....The pool area was like a mini resort...very nice. Car rental place inside the lobby,

Pros...
Free airport shuttle
flat screen tvs
Spacious kingsize rooms!
Nice desk area which is important to me.

Cons..

Bath-room door was original....other than that a total remodel

Room Tip: kin size suites are the same price as smaller beds here!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TahoeLOC
Joe K, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear TahoeLOC,

Thank you very much for your glowing review of the Comfort Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port South posted on TripAdvisor. Receiving guest feedback like yours is what keeps smiles on our faces throughout the day. Our pool area is our biggest guest attraction and I am glad to learn that you were able to enjoy it, as well as the South Florida sun. Thank you for recognizing the work we have done on the inside and out to our property. We really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to write this review, and if you are ever back in this area, it would be a pleasure to have you as our guest again.

Joseph Katz
Director of Customer Service
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was my second visit to this hotel, and will also be my last.
The only positive I can find were most of the staff.
However, the room safe did not work; this problem was compounded by the room door lock being dis-functional (which I only realised in the morning). My room possessed many damp patches on the floor, and was outdated in general (like the hotel itself). In addition, the business center computer was painfully slow, with a printer that did not work, making it impossible to accomplish even the most basic of tasks.
I stay in many choice hotels (including Comfort Inn), and this is not of the same standard as the others in which I have stayed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank tomtomone
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I am staying in this hotel right now. The worst Comfort Inn and Hotel I have stayed in ever in my 50+ yrs. Thank God it's for only 1 night. Have a early flight out.The door knobs are about ready to fall off, the cloth chairs are ripped open and very soiled. I am not comfortable in this hotel. Walls are old and dented and 1 light by bed is not working at all. They did not apply the AARP discount and lied by saying they had only 1 room left when in reality it shows online that they have several left. Wanted to stay next door at Hampton Inn, but they were all sold out. Looked much better than this place. I am shocked that this hotel (looks like a cheap Motel) has the COMFORT INN name.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here. Room 147 is nasty! If 1 room looks like this I wonder what the other rooms look li...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Destiny2000
Reviewed July 25, 2013

They were supposed to have a shuttle from the airport. We waited for an hour and one never showed up. We called many times but they would not answer the phone so finally we took a taxi to the hotel. My 6 year old daughter found pins on the floor so we could not walk around barefoot. When we were getting ready for bed, my kids noticed there was fresh blood on the pillowcase. I went to the front desk and they reassured me that they change the sheets but obviously not this time. I got a whole fresh set of sheets and changed them myself. This place needs alot of maintenance and a good cleaning. It is disgusting. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank IowaJulie4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Hollywood/Airport South
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South & Cruise Port

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South? Share your experiences!