Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South
Ranked #37 of 72 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had a flight delay and needed a quick place to stay so we chose this hotel, the management was very accommodating and let us check-in before actual check-in time. Room was clean,quiet and had everything we needed. we enjoyed the cocktails at the poolside bar and the server was very nice and recommended a great place to eat in the area.We had good shuttle service and an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LanceandKat
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear LANCEandKAT,
The staff and management at Comfort Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port would like to thank you for the review posted on Trip Advisor. Here at the Comfort Inn we live for guest satisfaction. It might be going that extra mile by providing free shuttle service to and from the airport and to the Port of Miami. Or it can be as simple as making sure we have coffee 24 hours a day. Whatever the case may be, providing excellent customer service is what we do. Thank you again for the glowing review and we look forward to your return visit.

Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,252)

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband and I arrived in Ft. Lauderdale the day before our cruise out of Miami. The shuttle promptly picked us up and brought us to the hotel. The rooms were basic, but very clean, and they served a decent continental breakfast. There were stores and restaurants within walking distance. We checked out and were brought down to the Port of Miami in a new, spotlessly clean, shuttle bus. You certainly get a lot for your money. Would I want to spend a week here? No, but for an overnight and ride to the Port of Miami, it certainly was worth it!

Room Tip: If you know you are going to be arriving early, be sure to ask for an early check in. It did help u...
1  Thank PSU_Crazy

Dear PSU_Crazy,
Everyone at Comfort Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule and posting a review of our property on Trip Advisor. I am happy to see that we were able to be a part of your vacation. It is one of the best parts of this job seeing guests creating lasting memories at our hotel. I am delighted to read that shuttle services we offer were so well received. Every day we work hard getting guests taken to the Port of Miami and Port Everglades in a timely fashion. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed a day before our cruise and a day after our cruise. The first night we were assigned a "handicapped access" room. It was terribly outdated and rather "beat up". The walls and doorway had grime and dirt on them. I am sure that it is hands that constantly touch wheelchair tires that cause it. If I could, I would tell the maintenance staff to paint with semi-gloss paint that is scrubable. The bathroom was a botched attempt at accessibility. Two by fours made up the sink area covered by one inch square tiles. The shower area had once been a bathtub. There is no way a person could transfer from a wheelchair into that shower or from a wheelchair to the toilet. I would say the entire room needed a "start over" in room 119. The day after our cruise we stayed one night. We faired better in this room, 316. There was an elevator. The room was clean and smelled clean and overall would bump against fair to average. The price of the room was $143.00 the first night and $158.00 the second night (?) Lastly, the pool area was crawling with biting ants and at night raccoons were coming in and out of the roof area. Very noisey if you are a light sleeper.

Room Tip: Make sure your agent has checked out accomodations and not placed you just where they find and open...

Dear PAULYJO,
Thank you for your recent review of Comfort Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay on this occasion was a disappointing one. We pride ourselves on extending the best quality of service to all of our guests. We will certainly look into the inconveniences you experienced and take corrective measures to make sure such lapses do not repeat themselves. In contrast, I am happy to read that your second stay was better. Thank you again and I am sure if given another try we could exceed your expectations.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I went on a ten day trip to FLL/Miami and Key West. We were to arrive in FLL at a late hour and wanted something only slightly higher than a one star close to the airport. We just needed some rest before checking out and going back to the airport the next morning to pick up a rental car. We ended up booking this hotel for $85 per night. It was overpriced for what you got, but then again it was peak season in South Florida, so I accepted it. I didn't come with high expectations.

The problems started, albeit not the fault of the hotel, when our flight down was diverted due to weather and we didn't land in FLL until 2:30am. I had called the hotel earlier in the evening though, and was assured the room would be held or our money refunded if our flight was canceled. Due to our late arrival hour we found the hotel shuttle had ended for the night and we'd have to take a cab. The hotel is not right next to the airport, but a good ten minutes away. The cab driver took us the long way for $28, but should have been $12 (only found this out taking the hotel shuttle back to the airport the next morning)

By the time we arrived at the hotel, it was past 3am. Our room had still been held even though they were sold out. We just wanted to sleep. They even let us have an extra 45 minute late checkout the next morning after we explained we'd been traveling for 14 hours on a trip that should have taken five.

The hotel rooms were accessed by dimly lit, kind of grungy and bare, outdoor style concrete hallways/walkways with railings. The hallways, stairs, elevators, vending were all accessible to anybody coming out of the parking lot. We were quite far from the lobby where armed security stood cross armed keeping a watch on things. I went out at one point to find a vending machine, only to try three on three different floors not working. Walking through these dark, desolate outdoor hallways and not the most exclusive neighborhood in Broward county. I didn't feel like I was about to be mugged at any minute, but I felt like I should be cautious. If I was a single female traveler, it could feel a little sketchy at night going to the vending machine or elevators.

The room needed some serious work, Vintage early 1990s. Banged up furnishings, stains on the bed and curtains, burn marks, chipped paint, filthy carpets, etc. This hotel has seen a lot of traffic and undergone a lot of wear and tear. However, for nine hours it worked and really wasn't less than I expected. I slept well and didn't think what might be on the mattress or sheets. If you don't know, it can't hurt you.

The business center was nice, The pool area was decent, too, but we didn't spend any time there other than to have a coffee and wait for the shuttle after checking out.

The best part of my stay was when we were checking out. This middle aged lady is standing at the door to the lobby with her room trash can pointing in it and getting pretty worked up. She was waiting for the maintenance guys manager with a significant sized lizard (approx. 6 inches long by an inch across) It had been in her room all night apparently after the same guys had searched it to no avail when she reported it the previous evening! They'd left not believing her! I got a good chuckle from seeing the poor lady. We were just leaving, so I don't know what ever happened? However, I think she was intent on a refund!

Shuttle driver who took us back to the airport... Forgot his name, but was an older African American man. Great guy. . Great personality and very friendly. Gave us all kinds of tips on where to go and not go while while in Miami area and other things we should do!

All in all, we got what we paid for during peak season. Don't know about my girlfriend, but it worked for me for a night. However, I don't think I'd want to stay here for a whole vacation?

Dear Adam81980,
Thank you for taking the time and writing a review on Trip Advisor about your experiences at our hotel. We here at Comfort Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port love seeing guests responses posted online. I am delighted to read that you found us to be a great value. We take pride in offering a great service at a reasonable price. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

This hotel gives you a lot for your money. It's not fancy, but clean and affordable. Pool area is nice. Breakfast is provided. Free shuttle to and from airport or cruise port is provided. You can also arrange transportation from the port to the airport upon your return from cruise for $10 a person. We were off the boat, through customs and waved on to the shuttle within 15 mins. Sign up before you leave for your cruise. It was definitely a good find and will now be our hotel for future cruises.

Dear WestChester_PAPerk,
Everyone at Comfort Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule and posting such a faltering review of our property on Trip Advisor. I am glad the shuttle services were so well received. We take pleasure in making sure all our transportation runs smoothly and efficiently. I am equally delighted to read that you were able to have breakfast with us the morning of your stay. We pride ourselves on the numerous options available at breakfast. You might be a guest who wants to indulge in fruit battered waffles or a guest just looking for a good cup of Joe. Here at Comfort Inn we cater to all different types of breakfast patrons. Once again thank you for being a valued guest and for choosing our hotel for your vacation.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Read many reviews first. This hotel was the first hotel that received enough favorable reviews at a slight cost increase. We were looking for a hotel with airport transportation to the hotel and a shuttle to the cruise ship port the next morning. Breakfast would be a plus as well. This hotel had all three. Nothing fancy but clean and comfortable. Would recommend and would stay at again.

Dear Dmoisson,
Thank you for taking the time and writing a review on Trip Advisor about your experiences at our hotel. We here at Comfort Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port love seeing guests responses posted online. I am delighted to read that you liked the pool area and found us to be a great value. I am equally happy to read that you found the shuttle service to be top tier. We work hard every day making sure all our guests get picked up from the airport and taken to the cruise port the next day in a timely fashion. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This room was the dirtiest, most disgusting, smoke-smelling (non-smoking) room that we have ever slept in. Front desk and choice hotels could care less about the horrible conditions of the room. Stay somewhere else....

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
2  Thank Mimmo_TessNH

Dear ShedinNH,
Thank you for your recent review of Comfort Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. I wanted to take the time and apologize that you had issue during your stay. We strive to make sure all our guests are satisfied and certainly want to apologize that in your case we failed not only live up to your expectations, but the ones we set for ourselves. You can certainly rest assured that your review will be discussed with our management team so that corrective actions are taken to improve our service. Thank you again and if given another try I am sure we could exceed your expectations.