“Hotel is just ok, was quoted incorrect amount”

Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South
Ranked #36 of 70 Hotels in Hollywood
Newark
“Hotel is just ok, was quoted incorrect amount”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed at hotel in August 2012. Located this hotel based on shuttle services it offered as I was going on a cruise. When I called and asked about price for the shuttle (arriving at FLL airport and cruising out of Miami). Was told the price of the hotel included the shuttle service to the hotel and then to the cruise terminal and then from the cruise terminal back to the airport. Sounded like a great deal. I had the person on the phone reconfirm this information. However, when I arrived at the hotel, I was told this information was incorrect and would have to pay extra fees for the shuttle service for the cruise terminal. The person behind the desk said sometimes their phone calls are answered by an outside party who provides the quotes, thus the reason for incorrect price quote and information. As for the room it was ok. No major complaints. The only odd thing was the pillows, the pillows are about 14 inches by 14 inches. The room does have a safe, but you have to pay an extra fee. Bathroom is very small. Breakfast was ok, and the pool looked nice but did not utilize.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank lance s
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear lance s,

The staff and management would like to take the time and thank you for posting a review about your stay at our hotel. I am saddened to read about the confusion you had with your reservation. We do offer a special package that includes transportation to the Port of Miami called Port of Miami Package. Miami is a 40 minute drive so unfortunately we do not offer a complimentary shuttle to Miami Airport or Miami Cruise Port. We do offer a complimentary shuttle to and from the Ft. Lauderdale airport and to Port Everglades Cruise Port. I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you during your trip. If you get a chance please email me how you made your reservation so I may follow up and correct any issues and ensure this does not happen again with any other guests. Thank you again and if given another chance I am sure we could exceed your expectations.

Warmest Regards,
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I spoke with Geri at the Front Desk. I made a couple reservations with her for our pre and post cruise stay in Fort Lauderdale. She was attentive, fast and very knowledgeable. I was amazed at the level of customer service. She was a pleasure to deal with and I would certainly recommend booking with this hotel.

I hope our future stay is as wonderful as she was!

Thank you Geri and my family and I hope to see you at check in!

Melanie Gomes-Collette
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Melanie G
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear Melanie G,

The management and staff at Comfort Inn Hollywood Cruise Port Airport South would like to thank you for posting such a detailed review about your reservation experience. I wanted to personally take the time and thank you for writing about a particular staff member Jeri. Every day I witness Jeri providing our guests with the best customer service Florida has to offer. She is a true asset to our hotel. I will be sure to pass along your kind works to her. Thank you again and we very much look forward to your future stay and providing you the high level of customer service you have come to expect from our team members.

Warmest Regards,
KansasTravelgrl
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel because they had an airport shuttle AND a cruise ship shuttle. That worked out well. When we go to the hotel in the morning before check in they didn't have any rooms ready. We left our luggage and came back later. They were very nice in accomodating us to get us into a room before noon to get settled before a 1pm tour we had.
The down side was the room (bathroom) didn't seem really clean. Found a couple random hairs that weren't mine. And in the corners there was dirt build up. I think they have such a turn over they clean so fast that it's not deep cleaned.
So if you just need it for a night it's fine. Long term, I would probably go somewhere else.
It has a Taco Bell and McDonalds next door so you can walk to food. Also a shopping mall
behind and across the street for entertainment.

Room Tip: SInce we had time to kill until our room was ready and no car, we walked to McDonalds and used their...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank KansasTravelgrl
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear KansasTravelgrl,

The staff and management would like to thank you for taking the time and posting a review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you found all of our staff so helpful. Every day I witness the staff going above and beyond ensuring all our guests receive the best customer service Florida has to offer. Hospitality is our passion and it can be seen in the smiles worn by the staff on a daily basis. In contrast, I am disappointed to read that you experienced housekeeping issues during your stay. I will certainly look into the inconveniences you experienced and take corrective measures to make sure such lapses do not repeat themselves. Once again thank you for being a valued guest and for choosing Comfort Inn, Hollywood, Florida for your lodging needs.

Cleveland
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here because of the Port of Miami $99 deal. I was going on a cruise that was leaving out of Miami. This package included transportation from Fort Lauderdale airport to the hotel, free drinks, free breakfasts, free wifi, a king size bed and transportation to the port of Miami. The staff was great, my room was clean and the bed was comfortable. This location is in walking distance of restaurants and a strip mall.

I prefer the Hilton, which I stayed at upon my return from my cruise, but I can promise you I paid for the name and didn't get all the amenities I got from the Comfort Inn. I paid $119 for the Hilton, that was about 1 mile from this hotel and I had to catch a cab to restaurants & mall. No microwave nor fridge and no free drinks nor wifi.

So don't judge a book by it cover, this Comfort Inn is a good stay.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank MaxxWhite216
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Jeri W,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review on Trip Advisor about your experiences at our hotel. We here at Comfort Inn love seeing guests responses posted online. I am delighted to read that our hotel and shuttle services were so well received. Every day we work hard to ensure that our guests get picked up from the airport and taken to the cruise port the next morning in a timely fashion. Unlike other hotels in the area we value our guests loyalty so we provide these services free of charge. Once again thank you for being a valued guest and for choosing Comfort Inn, Hollywood, Florida for your lodging needs.

Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I was here for a wedding and your staff got me a room early as possible! Theresa Velez and sue lepor (srry if I spelt it wrong) are great they make an amazing team wat one didn't know the other did! They are an asset to the hotel! I'll be back only because of these two!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank partygirlofthetown
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear partygirlofthetown,

The management and staff at Comfort Inn would like to thank you for posting such a flattering review about your experiences at our hotel. We work hard every day ensuring all our guests leave feeling like family. I am equally delighted that you mentioned two of our team members Sue and Theresa. We are truly lucky to have them both on our team. I will be sure to pass this review along to them. Once again thank you for being a valued guest and for choosing Comfort Inn, Hollywood, Florida for your lodging needs.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was at this hotel with my daughter because I had to have a medical procedure done. The maid who clean my room Blanca was very helpful. She introduce me to her supervisor mrs Lewis who wAs so pleasant and nice to me and my daughter. She help my daughter get breakfast cause I was sick. I thanked her so much being there going over and beyond call of work duties. Stay was very nice.

• Stayed June 2012
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Dear Marypop1,

Thank you for taking the time and posting a review. We here at Comfort Inn love seeing guests responses posted online. I am delighted that you find our staff so helpful. It is one of the best parts of this job when we get such positive feedback. I am excited to read that you mentioned two of our team members Josie and Blanca. They are always willing to go that extra mile for our guests. We are truly lucky to have them on our team. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to them. Next time you come to Hollywood, Florida it will be our pleasure to have you stay with us. Once again thank you for being a valued guest and for choosing Comfort Inn for your lodging needs.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed at comfort inn in July. I had a problem with my room but the manager Josie came up and assisted me herself in taking care of the minor problem. Never had that happen that management would take care of a situation themselves instead of someone else. The breakfast was good and the location was great for shopping. Thanks Comfort Inn!

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Nettie100,

The staff and management would like to thank you for taking the time and posting a review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you found all of our staff so helpful. Every day I witness the staff going above and beyond ensuring all our guests receive the best customer service Florida has to offer. Hospitality is our passion and it can be seen in the smiles worn by the staff on a daily basis. I am equally pleased that you mentioned Josie. She is an excellent manager and goes above and beyond ensuring our guest receive first-rate customer service. She is an asset to our team and I will be sure to pass along your kind words to her. Once again thank you for being a valued guest and for choosing Comfort Inn, Hollywood, Florida for your lodging needs.

Director.customerservices@gmail.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Hollywood/Airport South
Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South & Cruise Port
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South? Share your experiences!