“Couldn't have asked for better!”
Review of Riptide Hotel

Riptide Hotel
Ranked #11 of 71 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed November 8, 2010

I honestly have no idea where the bad review came from on 10/11/10 because our stay here was incredible! The staff was extremely friendly and helped us in anyway that they could. The room was nothing fancy but was clean and the bed was comfortable. It also had a view of the ocean which was great. My husband and I stayed here before and after we traveled to the Bahamas for our honeymoon. We wish we could have another day or two at this hotel as well. The ocean and the boardwalk were great! As to the review on 10/11, the worker was sitting at the bar because they have to tend bar and take care of the front desk. They must have been expecting the Hilton, not a comfortable, affordable beach front hotel. The tiki bar was a lot of fun, and there was even a grill you could use. We are going to book another trip just to stay here. If you are looking for a great deal, and excellant customer service you should stay here! We loved everything about it!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 30, 2010

We found the place by acedent but we had a great time. the hotel is locatede on the boardwalk and the beach is just accros the boardwalk The rooms are clean and very nice. the tiky bar is open all day and the staff is great. So is the location you can walk to great restaurants and even a park for the kids. All together it was a great experiance. We had a great time and we hated leaving.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2010

If you want a luxurious hotel, this is not the spot. But it was completely adequate for my wife and I on our 20th anniversary. Our room was clean. The only things I can quibble about are 1) there was no coffee in the room 2) the room deodorizer was a bit strong 3) A/C was a little loud for my wife and 4) the WiFi signal was weak in the room. However, we did not come to the beach to sit around in our room sipping coffee and surfing the internet. The free use of bikes and beach chairs provided us with sufficient activity between our walks to nearby restaurants.

We brought a little food with us and I would recommend utilizing the room amenities to prepare a few of your own meals. We found the food at restaurants to be a bit expensive and some was below average quality.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2010

My sister and I booked this hotel way back in March based on the stellar reviews on Tripadvisor. The photos of this property don't look like much but we figured it must be good because of the high rating. Actually, we were expecting an average hotel but it was definitely below par. I'm not sure how this place got those ratings. Could it be the locals at the Tiki bar? I don't know. We pulled up to the hotel and the broadwalk, beach and ocean were absolutely gorgeous. That was a good sign we thought. When we made the reservation we had requested the 2nd floor so the guy gave us room 14 (I wrote it down on the confirmation sheet). Upon check in, we got the first floor room 4--a corner room with no view. He said that the motel was booked and that was the only room we could have. "But", he said "This room has a VCR!" Wow, a VCR! What is this --1987? OK, no problem, we thought that was funny and perhaps a bit charming. As we walked past the Tiki Bar and neared the room, there was someone giving a person a haircut right in front of our room on the asphalt. He had the cape on and everything. We thought "OK, this is still kinda funny." Then we enter the room and the smell of cleaning fluid and ammonia was overpowering. The glass table and TV must've been wiped down with a dirty rag as there was a dirty film over them. As I was using the bathroom, I noticed all the dirt along the edge between the wall and the floor and the frosted glass on the bathroom window was cracked. The kitchen sink had either black stuff or black scratches all over it. Ugh, disgusting! There was a large utility closet with a dirty broom and the blowdryer in it. The air conditioner in the wall was set at 60 degrees and was so high that most people couldn't reach it without a chair or stepstool. Then my sister sat down on one of the beds and it made a crackling sound like that of plastic bags. I sat on the other bed and it made the same sound. Plastic on or in the matriess? Ooooo. We knew we couldn't stay there. It was just that bad. And we're not prudes either--we had just come from Key West and paid the same rate at the Best Western Hibiscus Hotel and got a very clean and above average 2nd floor room too,--nothing fancy, mind you--but very acceptable. This place was not acceptable. The guy who checked us in was sitting at the Tiki bar when I asked him if we could get our money back. We had already paid one night's deposit months ago. He told us to ask the owner inside. Luckily the guy took pity on us and credited my Visa card. As we walked past the tiki bar one of the locals sneered at us and said "You'll NEVER find another place along the beach!" We didn't care, the rental car was better than that room. We did end up at an acceptable place on the beach with a tiki bar and it turned out to be $10 cheaper a night in Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
8  Thank genoac
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We had a great time. The room was very clean and very well decorated. The view was amazing!! The bed was by far the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on at a hotel. The Riptide is located right on the broadwalk, which was really fun.
Everyone at the hotel was extremely nice and very laid back. I have absolutely no complaints about the room at all. The Tiki Bar was nice, we didnt go down as much as we wanted to, but we heard all the music and laughter. Fun was had by all. We fully intend to plan our next girls weekend there

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2010

My husband found this hotel for our anniversary. We were so impressed that we organized a family get together and rented 5 rooms. The staff was so helpful from the minute we got there. We had older family members in our party, and all the rooms were on the first floor. They were able to get in and out of their rooms easily, to get to the beach quickly in about 10 steps. This was a big plus! The rooms were equipped with everything we needed. There are two big BBQ grills in front of the rooms, so grilling was very easy. They offered music daily, and a Tiki Bar to purchase drinks. They also offered FREE towels, chairs, and bikes. The boardwalk offered everyone a place to ride their bikes, roller-skate, and much more. We are from Miami and we will be coming here again next year. The price was great and the entire family loved it!

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I stayed with a friend and my 8 year old daughter at the Riptide Hotel for a short vacation and have to say that it far exceeded my expectations which to begin with were positive based on other reviews. The staff is as friendly and accomodating as the other reviews state, the room we stayed in is right on the beach with views of the beach from all the windows. The room is big, clean and with a full kitchen, ideal for a family with kids...there's even a grill for guests to use as well as bikes, beach toys, beach chairs, tons of dvds, books etc. The hotel is also ideally located close to all the restaurants and shops but not directly in the midst of it so it's a quiet, clean part of the beach. The owner is so nice as well as all the other staff. I will definitely come back to the Riptide next time I vaca in Hollywood.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family