All reviewslive musicbeach chairshollywood beachnice tiki bartiki hutfree bikesfull kitchenperfect locationgreat beachview of the oceansmall kitchenboard walkravenstepsmotelumbrellasflorida
Reviewed February 4, 2010

Right away you can tell you are at a different kind of place at the Riptide. The Tiki bar is certainly the centerpiece of the property, with the Hollywood boardwalk and beach just steps away.

I prepaid for my room online. When I walked into the main desk area, I was asked my name and given a key and given access to all their extra amenities, such as bicycles, use of their grill, beach chairs, etc. No red tape or anything. There was just something about it.

My room opened up right into the main patio / tiki bar area. In that regard it is more like a "motel", but it has a great homey feel to it.

In the room there were two queen beds and a nice kitchen area. Bonus for there being ice already in the freezer.

I was only at the Riptide for 1 night so I could not take full advantage of all its offerings, but I will be sure to return.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank aharmonix
Reviewed January 30, 2010

The Riptide is a nice laidback place to stay.Very friendly people who really get out of their way to help you with everything. Nice and clean rooms, a small but well equipped kitchen. Parking is reserved for quests and you can borrow beachtowels, chairs and bicycles free of charge.For us 50+ was the entertainment in the Tiki bar perfect, we knew all the lyrics!!
The location is the best, you cross the broadwalk ond you´re on the beautiful beach.We will be back!!

Christel & Janne from Sweden

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2010

We spent 3 days at the Riptide - other reviews are generally accurate, but we noticed a few cracks in the facade. Tiki Hut soloist was marginal and inescapable - 2 of 4 bikes were not ready to ride - room was small - location good, staff friendly - Tiki Hut prices a little high. Tripadvisor rating a little overstated.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BigBigAl
Reviewed December 31, 2009

The folks at the Riptide are friendly, friendly, and more friendly. We had a wonderful time, and would recommend this hotel to anyone. The location is great, the atmosphere is marvelous, and everyone goes out of their way to make you feel at home. Great, little hotel at a great location.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2009

Riptide Hotel
I can honestly recommend this hotel for several reasons.
For nr 1 I put the wonderful people that run the hotel.
The owner had reserved a parking and came out straight away and asked if we need assistance or something.
Then a lovely woman gave us our key and told us that we are free to use their computer with Internet and also lots of movies, both dvd and vcr that are free to borrow.
A very friendly and nice room service lady made the cherry on the top as she both was very nice and funny.
The Hotel is placed right on the beach and there is no words to describe it how wonderful it is to wake up in the morning and see the sun slowly rise from Atlantic Ocean.
The room was absolutely perfect.
We all know when we build our own rooms that it’s not that easy.
Well, Riptide has managed to build rooms with a wonderful style which make them both luxury and cozy.
They also have a very nice Tiki bar with live music and also great people that worked in the bar.
Riptide is absolutely a Hotel that I can recommend and I will spend