“A MUST DO BRUNCH!!!”

Council Oak Steak and Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Council Oak Steak and Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 599 Restaurants in Hollywood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: US 441/State Road 7
FORT LAUDERDALE
“A MUST DO BRUNCH!!!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My family and I made reservations for the Mother's Day Brunch. I had heard so many great things about it prior to my visit, that we decided to try it. We were soooo happy that we did! OMG, it is amazing.....There are so many different food stations that I didnt know where to start. So, I started with the large shrimp and crab......yummmm! Everyone in my family tried all different types of food and everyone was very very pleased! My husband especially liked the crab eggs benedict:) Of course we had to save room for the expansive dessert area. I have never seen so many amazing desserts in one place! I tried a few of them, but my favorite was the bananas foster that they make fresh right in front of you.
The waiters were had were very attentive and kept bringing us more (all included) mimomas:)

We will definately do it again. It is pricey at about 56.00 per person so we will save it for special occasions...

Florida
“Market Pricing”
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Ordered the bone in filet mignon rare. Bloody at the bone and well at the meat end. Shouldn't happen at a $$$$ steakhouse. Asked the market price on lobster for my wife and was told about $65. Charge $99! Didn't argue because we didn't want to embarass family members who were with us and got us to come with them. They had raved about the place. We had ordeed an appetiser to share and the waiter failed to bring another plate so he put half on my bread plate. Ordered the rum flamed ice cream but don't like rum. Waiter recommended Amaretto, then said it wouldn't flame so he served it with a shot on the side. Not very upscale but also very noisy and not a very nice croud. Won't go back.

Visited May 2013
Coral Springs, Florida
“Good Food, Great Service....but Pricey”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I dined at Council Oak just before attending a concert at Hard Rock Live.

I'm a steakhouse aficionado, so I know what to expect from a top-notch steakhouse.

First, the service was amazing. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and very attentive. Our water glasses were filled up on a regular basis by the busboy as well.

The quality of the food was also very good. My husband ordered the 1/2 free-range chicken, and it was beautifully presented as well as delicious. I ordered the braised short-ribs, which was also beautiful in its presentation as well as great-tasting.

We each ordered desserts as well. We shared the fruit tart, which was blueberries and strawberries over mascarpone cheese in a pastry cup and also carrot cake. Both were excellent.

The only complaint i have is about the prices. Now, as I mentioned, I go to steakhouses whenever I can and have been to some in New York, Boston, and Las Vegas, as well as in south Florida and other major US cities. So I am familiar with top-notch steakhouse prices. But I was taken aback by the prices at Council Oak. I found them to be extremely high.

We didn't order appetizers or sides because the prices of everything was off-putting. I normally order ribeyes at steakhouses, but did not at Council Oak, because their Cowboy Ribeye was priced at $64. The two entrees we ordered were the cheapest entrees on the menu. Yes, they were good, but they weren't our first choice. Even though I am usually willing to pay whatever a place wants to charge, I do draw the line at $64 for a ribeye steak.

Another thing I didn't care for was the loudness of the music. In the restaurant bar, there was a live band, and the loudness of the band definitely carried over into the restaurant and was competing with the calming, sedate steakhouse music.

Was the food delicous? Yes.
Was the service excellent? Yes.
Will we dine here again? Probably not.

$118 for two entrees, two desserts and one glass of wine is just too much. Capital Grille is far more reasonable and every bit as delicious.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank fl_mermaid
Florida
“Tasty but pricey”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The service was top notch. Very attentive staff that knew when to approach, but did so unobtrusively. Sounds silly, but I wonder if the long-necked bottles used to fill the water glasses were selected for just that reason...my glass was always filled but I don't recall seeing the staff doing it. I like that a lot.

The onion soup was excellent, with the cheese toasted rather perfectly. I've had my share of $40 steaks and this 8oz was ok, although it was a bit dried out on the edges. I wasn't impressed, wasn't not impressed, it was just ok. The side portions were ample, and while the garlic mashed potatoes were very creamy, the lobster mac and cheese seemed devoid of the lobster.

The Au Poivre sauce was just so-so for my tastes...I ended up adding pepper to it.

Something that irked me was the $13 for the small head of lettuce with two thin tomato slices, two half-moon slivers of red onion with a teaspoon of crumbled blue cheese and two tourines of dressing. Oh, and the vodka shot with a cheese-stuffed olive that came with it. I get that salads of this sort are nice profit points, but this seemed a bit egregious and the vodka was rough.

We also had a giant stone crab claw that was worth the $36. The mustard sauce that accompanied it was creamy and it did not overwhelm the taste of the crab meat.

Excluding my shot of whiskey, taxes and tip, the bill was about $170, which is commensurate with other steak places I've enjoyed. Sadly, the dried steak and head of lettuce drag down my review. There won't be a return visit.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Lord H
Montreal, Canada
“Steakhouse in Heaven!!!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

located insiste the hard rock casino , is the best steakhouse i ever been too. The food is awesome and great!!!! little bite pricy but what can i say, i just liked it. It,s really a coosy restaurant so you don't feel thighen since i like to seat so i can relaxe and enjoy the food , which i did. I took the veal chop and it was well cook and seasonned. did enjoyed my time there expect for the casino area with smoke all over the place but that have nothing to do with the food at the council oak. the service was extra great with the bread they gave you at the beginning. the bread come with a mixture of olive and tomato i believe, i love it !!!! have to go back some time for sure!!!!

• Visited April 2013