“Never a bad experience”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I, along with many friends, have eaten here a number of times. We were lucky enough to be able to dine here with a good friend tonight.
The food, as always, is spectacular. It's tasty, filling and well cooked. I won't lie... the food is a bit steep in price, but it's so good (as is the service), it's well worth the price.
Please, if you are around Hollywood, bring the family here!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was in Hollywood for 2 weeks visiting friends - passed by the Moonlite Diner a few times, but never stopped by until going to the movies nearby one night. We stopped in before the show, great specials - $2 shakes on with dinner Tuesdays! I was hooked - the diner was spotless and cheery, good music and a great nostalgic feel.

I ordered the Texas Burger medium-well, my girlfriend had the Mushroom/Swiss Burger. Our waitress was excellent and friendly - even brought us crayons and paper placemats (normally for kids!) so we could sit, laugh, and draw each other on our date together. We started singing along to some of the 50's and 60's music at several points - not too many customers that early in the night, but the waitstaff and cooks and kitchen personnel were busy and attentive.

The Texas Burger is a must - had a fried egg (over hard) on top, just like some sandwiches I've eaten in Brazil and in Europe. Good beef, not too greasy, good deli sesame bun and fresh ingredients with good veggies and bacon. I enjoyed the big, thick, crinkle-cut fries and the shake was thick and brought out in an authentic metal mixing cup with a glass dish. Will definitely visit again next time I am back in the area!

1  Thank BrianThompson001
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Very convenient to our hotel (Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise Terminal). We visited there with another couple who were staying at the hotel. Décor was very reminiscent of yesteryear, which was the intention. Menu had a good number of selections, service was friendly, quick and efficient. The food was excellent.
Certainly a place we would eat again if we were in the area.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I thought this place was just okay. I would choose Denny's over this place any day. I would go to Lester's Diner over this place too. I thought the prices were a little more than these places. I guess they get the tourist rush and so they hike the prices a lttle for them. Went there twice and won't be back.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Well I used to live around Dania, and moonlite was great place to eat, I took my fiance' there because I knew the food was good. I feel bad that I forgot the servers name, but it seemed like she was not too enthused in serving us. We ordered coffee and when she return to give us a refill the top fell off and my finance; just got a little splash, the manager apologized but the server did not . that kind off sucked . the girl didnt' even try to bring her a towel, but overall the food and diner was good but she kind of ruined the whole experience.