“Falls Way Too Short”
Review of Che Pibe

Che Pibe
Ranked #122 of 648 Restaurants in Hollywood
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Food, eat, have some meat. Truthfully, I am a not a big meat eater, but the last time I went to an Argentinian restaurant I opted for salmon, so this time, I wanted to go all out and get the real experience by getting the Argentine Grill for One/Parrillada Argentina. I have to admit when they handed me my plate, it was meats galore (steak, pork, sausage & chicken) and I was taken a bit taken aback. What is considered Argentine Grill for One can really serve one family in my opinion. It was a bit overwhelming for me (although most would love this) but what could I do other than just digging in. The first thing I tasted was the chicken breast and it was cold in the middle, obviously not made fresh but warmed to serve. I continued to sample some of the other pieces; some were alright, other not so much. It gave me the feeling that they just put together random pieces of leftover meat they have and call it a dish. My boyfriend got the New York Strip/Bife de Chorizo and it was much better than what I got. It seems that his steak was made fresh but was nothing special. Overall, the quality of the meat was just not up to par and was extremely fatty. In addition to our entrees, we had the Fresh Buffalo Mozzarella & Heirloom Tomatoes for our appetizer and Tiramisu for dessert. The mozzarella and tomatoes were pretty standard but I have two complaints. It was not designed as a great sharing dish and there wasn't enough balsamic vinegar. The Tiramisu was my favorite of the night. It had a good balance and was not overly sweet. I also loved how it was serve, although that made it harder to eat. They also make Sangria (I had a glass), but it was also sub par and was too sweet (more of a juice than a wine flavor).

Considering the food, the service was actually really good. The waitress was very tentative and eager to help. She was friendly and appear to enjoy her job which is always a plus. The restaurant itself is location in a strip mall, next to an array of shops and a Publix. The restaurant is small, minimally decorated but is still inviting, well maintained and clean.

My experience at Che Pibe Argentinian Grill wasn't outright bad, but for me the food has to speak for itself and it didn't, so I will probably not be going back again.

Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

If you are a meat eater you will definitely love this place. They have all kinds and varieties of meat. The meal for two had lots left over. Plenty to take home. Atmosphere was ok could have been a little more Argentinian. You definitely get your monies worth.

Reviewed December 14, 2010

Worst food in a long time !!!!!! Expensive the service sucks, it's nightmare.

Reviewed March 9, 2009

We went to Che Pibe this past Saturday; we had read most of the reviews and thought the place would be good. This place isn’t 5 stars but it’s a nice SMALL little joint that services pretty good steaks. If you’re going-go for the meat, the sides give nothing to envy as they are decent. There service on the other hand is mediocre, if that. We entered at 8, sat down and proceeded to order our beverages. The lady came promptly with both our drinks and bread. We were a 3 person party; it took about an hour to an hour and half to get our food. Not only that, we asked our waitress 4 times for more bread in between the wait and our drinks were empty for half the time we were there. Don’t get me wrong, there food was good but the service killed it for me. The place has about 12 tables, 2 waitresses and 1 cook. SERIOUSLY?! I think as a 1 time thing to check out-great, but other then that I wouldn’t recommend it.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 29, 2008

Love going there with our our kids - good meat!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook