“Great place for business or pleasure Half way to Ft Laud or Miami”
Review of Coral House Hotel

Coral House Hotel
Ranked #28 of 71 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have stayed at the CORAL HOUSE several times, each time more enjoyable than the last.
The Inn Keepers, Rich & Rosie are very helpful and accommodating. They always have the latest happenings and what is going on around town.
I love my coffee in the morning, every room has a coffee maker and a full kitchen.
I find the rooms very clean and comfortable.
The beach is delightful, it has been voted among the top 10 on the East Cost. Beach chairs are provided at the CH and free parking, internet and more.
The location is perfect, close to all major highways, Ft Laud and Miami.
Walking distance to a few fabulous restaurants, cafe's on the water and a general store. Walk the other direction and you will be on the Hollywood Board Walk.
I Love the Coral House Hollywood Beach Florida

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank BostonMermaid
RichAube, Owner at Coral House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Hello,
We are glad that you enjoyed all that we had to offer as well as Hollywood Beach. Coffee and a beach sunrise always leads to a great trip. Hope you come back soon & Thank You for taking time to post your review.

Rich ;o)

There are newer reviews for Coral House Hotel

Reviewed May 30, 2012

If you want a place close to the beach with cooking facilities and is not expensive, the Coral House is a good choice. The room is NOT fancy, but who stays in the room when you have the beautiful and clean beach only a few steps from your front door? The proprietor is pleasant and helpful. The shower is good size and there's lots of hot water. It can be a bit noisy, either from beach bar revelers when the windows are open, or from the A/C when the windows are closed. Not unimportant in this location is parking and they give you a card which allows you unlimited free parking anywhere in Hollywood.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank dankovnat
RichAube, Owner at Coral House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Hello & Thank You for leaving your review.
We are glad that you enjoyed your visit. Since we are in "The heart" of Hollywood Beach, sometimes there can be some noice. However, the location is ideal and sometimes that comes at a small price. There are so many favorite restaurants, ice cream parlors and pubs just within walking distance to us. Because of this, foot traffic can occur, makes for good people watching though. ;o)

We hope that you come back soon, as we really do enjoy having repeat guests & familiar faces.

Thxs again

Reviewed May 11, 2012

You just cannot find a better place to stay at Hollywood Beach for the money. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. You have wireless internet available, a gas grill on the patio, laundry facilities and just a 83 steps to the beach.

On this trip I rented a one bedroom unit with a beautiful view of the ocean. It has large windows in the bedroom which allow for a fresh breeze during the night. The owner Rich is a Realtor and was able to give me plenty of information on possibly moving to the area. I am checking out in the morning and hate to leave. I will be staying at the Coral House again!

Room Tip: I have stayed in 3 different 2 room units and have liked them all!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Haymaress
RichAube, Owner at Coral House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank You for taking time to write us a review. We are glad that everything was satisfactory or better. We do our best to make your vacation a trouble free one. As for the ocean breezes, they are complimentary and waiting for your return, lol ;o) We love having return guests! I am sure I will be seeing you in 2013. ~ Rich

Reviewed July 1, 2011

This was our third year to stay at the Hollywood Beach Coral House and can't wait to go back. We were there for 3 weeks in June, 2011 and was surprised to see what a beautiful job the city has done on the streets. Brick paved with huge palm trees! While there this year, we met other people who make the Coral House their annual vacation spot too. Rich and Rosa make you feel as welcome as can be and Rich was a big help in finding a garage to work on my car. We were totally pleased with everything and will be staying again at the Coral House again. Oh, the bakery on the corner has awesome desserts!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Haymaress
RichAube, Owner at Coral House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank You for taking the time to leave us a review. Tripadvisor is one of the 1st places I go before finalizing my accommodations and to decide which restaurants, parks or any other venues that my family and I may visit.

Hollywood has been doing a great job revitalizing our barrier island. They have gotten rid of all the electric poles and placed them all underground. Newly brick paved roads look awesome and make the beach vibe so much more tropical. Having Giorgio’s Bakery and restaurant 1 block away from The Coral House is defiantly a bonus for us and our guests. I have had guests stay with us primarily because they wanted to be close to Giorgio’s, funny, but true ~ lol. Even though I was born in Long Island, I still consider Hollywood my home town. Need a mechanic, a rent a car, a doggie park to walk your 4 legged friend at, a 2nd home to buy / www.ForLifeRealty.com ~ (Rich's real estate company), best pizza place around, best HapPy Hour, you name, I can recommend it.

Coral House, Hollywood Beach, Rich & Rosa are here and waiting for your return. Sun is shining ~ hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2011

You can't beat the price or the location! Just ended my vacation in Hollywood, FL. I had a wonderful time at the beach and around the area. The owner of the Coral House was wonderful and so hospitable. He lent me a parking pass that allowed me to park anywhere in Hollywood, otherwise parking near the beach is $1.50 an hour. He also gave me a beach chair to use while on vacation and inquired whether I would need a beach towel, as he had one to lend me. He offered me use of a bicycle so I could tour around town. He took the time recommend some things I might be interested in doing while on vacation. The Beach area was wonderful as well. There were constantly police patrolling and an ambient atmosphere. The shops were reasonably priced and the was very good. If you decide to leave the beach area check out downtown Hollywood. There are some adorable stores and beautiful shaded areas to get out of the bright sun. The beach trolley pick up is 2 roads over from the beach house and for $1 you can easily get to downtown. I also recommend a trip to the Everglades where you can see alligators and other wildlife. The Billie Swamp Safari was a fun time, a little pricey, but worth it. We took an air boat ride and a swamp buggy tour. Our guides were knowledgeable and funny, a wonderful combination. I would definitely go back to the coral house for my vacation.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank tater0273
RichAube, Owner at Coral House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank You for taking time to type us a review and "Thank You" for the compliment, wonderful & hospitable ~ much appreciated. I believe in karma and that is exactly how I hope to be treated when I am away on vacation. A warm smile and helping hand goes a long way. Do to others as you would want done to yourself. The list goes on ;o) Our parking passes are kind of like V.I.P. Parking Passes = you can use them anywhere in Hollywood and not have to pay the meter. Visit downtown Hollywood, stroll along Hollywood Blvd and have some coffee, a beer, an ice-cream, shop, dance, (not in that particular order ~ lol) and you don’t have to worry about the meter, with our VIP Parking Pass. Towels, we have plenty of them, so just ask and you shall receive. Same goes for our bikes. To stay on Hollywood Beach and not go for a bike ride along our newly brick paved broadwalk is an injustice to yourself, so please, borrow one and enjoy. Jump on the trolley for only $1 and it can take you to Downtown Hollywood or a few of the local parks and the nature center. The kids love the trolley. Alligators and Florida go hand in hand. Everglades is about a 1+ hour drive but well worth it. The gators are huge! If you stay with us at the Coral house, we can recommend some tours or print out some driving directions that will get you right there.
Hope to see you in Sunny South Florida Soon ;o)

~ Your Host,

Reviewed February 26, 2011

Stayed here 3 times now and am returning in March for another well needed holiday from the cold up north. You couldn't ask for a better deal just steps from the beach and the owner "Rich" will take care of everthing you need with a smile and a warm handshake. The cutest, quaint little rooms are very clean with kitchenettes and have everything I needed for my stay. The wireless internet is a plus to keep up with your email. And if you are into "geocaching", there is one right at the front door hidden by myself 2 years ago. A definate 4 stars in my books. I have met so many nice people, mostly from Quebec while sitting outside in the patio area. And the Hollywood Beach boardwalk is fantastic with every kind of restaurant you can imagine. I enjoy sitting at the outdoor cafes and watching all the health freaks doing their thing on skates, bikes or jogging. Maybe I'll get the energy to try it next time....but I doubt it. It seems at my age my get up and go has got up and went. Dennis from Brockville, Ontario Canada

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank retiredairman
RichAube, Owner at Coral House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank You Dennis for taking time and posting your review.
Return guests are “The Best” 3 tours of The Coral House and Hollywood Beach almost make you a regular, lol… What better place to visit than The Coral House and the newly remodeled Hollywood Beach Broadwalk! We are always updating our rooms and property while The City of Hollywood spends much $$$ on The Hollywood Downtown area and the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk. In the last 8 years we have watched the broadwalk and the beach area get better and better. All the power lines are now under ground, the streets and broadwalk are paved with brick pavers and all the cafes and shops are constantly looking better and better. Before you know it, Jimmy Buffets-Margaretaville will be built only 3 blocks from us. We are located in a Great spot close to so much! I always recommend walking across the street and jumping on the Water Taxi. They go up & down the intracoastal all day. Also, walking over to The Hollywood Beach Band Shell for some live music. As far as “geocatching” I have met many new friends because of it and I thank you for setting us up as a location for it. Hopefully you will be back soon and I hope you are catching up with the exercise. It’s never too late for some speed walking, bird watching and meditation lol ~ ;o)

Enjoy the day~

Reviewed June 24, 2009

My wife and I just spent 2 weeks at the Hollywood Beach Coral House in Hollywood, FL. The location is about as close to the beach as you can get without being ocean front. It is not a 5 star resort but neither is the price. We had a clean comfortable apartment with just about everything we needed in the kitchen. The fridge was the larger apartment size with plenty of freezer space. The bathroom was small but usable. The queen size bed had a very good firm mattress. The owner, Rich is VERY easy to work with and made you feel welcome and at home. We appreciated having the grill outside and enjoyed meeting other guest of the Coral House while spending time on the patio. If we were to complain, it would be the parking. It’s free to park because you have a parking permit for street parking. However, sometimes you have to park around the corner if it’s a busy time of the day. (around the corner is still VERY close) The location was just minutes from the Ft Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport and was just minutes away from shopping centers and restaurants. We will be staying at the Coral House again and just as soon as possible! If you are on a budget and looking for a nice place in a super Hollywood Beach location, this is it! Oh, do go to dinner at Tony’s Pizza around the corner on the boardwalk. We had 2 outstanding dinners for about $23 and the servings were huge!!! Also, don’t miss the bakery at the end of the street at A1A. I gained about 8 lbs because I visited it too many times!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Haymaress

Hello & Thank You for leaving your review.
We are glad that you enjoyed your visit. Taking advantage of the BBQ was wise. Nothing is better than a staek or burger after a day of fun in the sun. Parking can be frustrating during the high season or special events ;o) I wish that we could make it all better but Hollywood Beach is a small barrier island with limited parking spots. There is a parking garage only 3 blocks from us, for these very busy days. If you do not like crowds, avoid 4th of July, Memorial Day and some of the other more popular events that the beach is so popular for.

Thxs again