All reviews hollywood beach living room front office bath towels housekeeping staff the location is perfect definitely stay here again spring break south florida yolanda ocean steps stove cruise margaritaville
Selected filters
Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

Omg when I tell you an awesome stay the front desk Yolonda is very helpful and sooo sweet I really enjoyed my stay the ocean very was great I will be back. They have a great boardwalk where you can walk all down the beach and live entertainment not to far from the hotel

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank pattysmith19
Reviewed March 7, 2019

Highly recommend for numerous reasons: clean, staff is super helpful & accommodating (especially Yolanda! She went out of her way to accommodate my last minute needs), and very quiet even though it's right on the beach.

It was a last-minute trip, and I wanted somewhere on the beach that was local/family run, and this place was great. I've been staying in Hollywood Beach since the late 80s, and have stayed in most places around. Neptune Hollywood beach hotel was super. Yes, it is a bit dated, but it is clean. I stayed in room 210 on the second floor, a corner room that faces two streets, so I was worried because I know it can be loud on the back streets, and I really needed quiet... and it was super quiet! I rested wonderfully each night. While the furniture is older, the bed was very comfortable (and I'm picky about beds), and the linens were all new and fresh. Also, I am a woman traveling on my own: I've felt 100% safe here the entire time.

The cons: It takes a good amount of time for the shower to get hot, but it does eventually. Be patient; the kindness of the staff, size of the rooms, and proximity to the beach while also being quiet are WORTH it. The wifi wasn't great the first day, but then I asked them to reset it, and it's 100% now (did a video conference on it, writing this review using their wifi now, will do another video conference shortly). It got suddenly cold the past two days, so I didn't need the AC, but it was 85 when I arrived, and the AC seemed to be struggling to keep this room cool (it's quite a large suite though). Last, the window are a bit hard to open, and if there's a breeze, the blinds can make quite a racket. I put pillow on them to shut them up, so I could sleep (I am a very light sleeper though). Also, the blinds are older, so some of the pieces fall out when you open/close them, but they're easily put back. Really not a problem: comparatively shopping around (again, I came in last minute), the value here is great for the price.

Which brings me to how helpful and wonderful everyone has been. Yolanda was amazing getting me in here (again, had been shopping around and was in no hurry). But today the gentleman at the desk was incredible: Check out is 11, and I just learned my 10am video conference was moved to 11. Even though this room is booked tonight and they'll need it again asap, without missing a beat he said they'll find a way to make it work so I can check out late and do my work conference call from a quiet spot with good wifi.

I'd definitely stay here again.

Room tip: While the back rooms face the street, at least on the second floor they have incredible sunset views.
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank kirstinmb
Reviewed March 6, 2019

We chose this hotel for the location and the location was perfect for us. We walked everywhere - restaurants, shopping, bike rental shop. Outside of location, there is little to say that's good about this hotel.

The outside of the hotel and pool are decently maintained, although some of the chaise lounges in the pool area are in bad shape.

The room itself was extremely dated and hadn't been deep cleaned in months. In addition, we had several times when there was no or very little hot water for showering and no or sporadic wifi. One of the bed sheets had blood stain spots on it and the towels were small and scratchy.

We were planning on using the sofa sleeper but it was nasty. They did replace the mattress in the middle of our stay which was good.

I would not recommend this hotel and would not stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Flyer480907
Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

This place is awful , cockroaches on roof in kitchen , no hot water to bath , small towels , a lot of humidity on apartment, all in there stink , all is really old , couches and furniture is like you are homeless like the ones they throw away , broken floors , water leaking from refrigerator , people on the office are really nice but the place is a mess , owners just get and get money dont care at all about place you shouldnt rent this place at all....

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Yosef P
Reviewed February 12, 2019

Stopped by this place today , looking for a vacation site for two week. Yolanda was friendly and informative.
This site is right on the beach, with a second building right behind. There is a pool, kitchenettes and everyone around seemed to be enjoying themselves.

It is located a few blocks north of the Johnson Street band shell and the Garfield Street visitor center where bands were playing, people dancing- right in the middle of the day!

• Trip type: Traveled with family