Hollywood Beach Tower
$161
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $230/night.

$182
$172
Doubletree.com
$191
Curio.com
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $227/night.

$112
$99
$122
  • Beachfront
$82
$69
Hollywood Beach Suite and Hotel(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$108
Ocean Inn(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$223
  • Breakfast included
Hollywood Beachside Boutique Suites(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$104
$71
Hotwire.com
$319
$299
All reviewsmurphy bedhollywood beachfull kitchendining tablepool and hot tubocean sideparking is tightchange towelsgeneral managerfront desk staffthe security guardbeach towelsgreat vacationlocation is excellentpool area isrooms are beautifulchecking in
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I've written previously about how disappointed I was with this hotel and how badly the unit I was in was kept up. On this recent visit, I stayed in a unit on the 8th floor, so I could see over the top of the parking garage facing the building. That was much appreciated, compared to my form 5th floor unit which stared directly into the parking garage. Also, this 8th floor unit was well kept up and everything in the unit worked for a change. Only one drawback on unit furnishings was that the living room tv was quite small and was an old device, not a flatscreen as advertised. The was a flat screen in the bedroom. Among the amenities promised in their listing was a morning paper outside your door and the availability of beer, wine or liquor on site. Neither were the case. The newspaper is located across the street in a pay box. Although advertised all over the hotel, there was no beer, wine or liquor available. The excuse given was very poor - "The employee that provides that service isn't here today or he went home early". At no time day or night was the service available, a promise broken. There are 2 elevators in the hotel and they took turns getting stuck so that repairs were needed daily. And just my luck, the floor that those elevators chose to to break down on was....the 8th floor. The hotel is supposedly undergoing a total remodel but I saw and heard no evidence that leads me to believe that there is any work actually going on. The swimming pool and hot tub saw little use by residents, but the property is located just across the boardwalk from the Atlantic Ocean. Location, location, location are the hotel's best selling points. The remodel is supposed to be completed by April 2014, but I would be cautiously optimistic about the results.

Room Tip: Try getting a unit above the 7th floor or you'll have the garage view. Half of the units do face the Ocean but I have no clue how to obtain one of those.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Mildred R, Owner Services at Hollywood Beach Tower, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

We are disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay as much as you should have when you recently were our guest. We do not offer a “newspaper outside your door” so if this is listed on a website, it is an error. There is, as you pointed out, a newspaper vendor box across the street from us. We do in fact have beer, wine and liquor available, both in our market by the front desk and with our activities department. We are sorry that you missed the activities personnel when they were here. If during your stay one of our elevators did go down, we immediately contacted our service elevator company. They were called and took care of it right away. There are in fact 3 elevators on the property so transportation from the upper floors is always possible. We are being renovated and our completely renovated 12th floor is opening this weekend. Since you were dubious that this was being done is a testament to the workers striving to keep things as quiet as possible. Our renovations should be completed in April, 2014. Please return and visit with us again and let us make your stay a memorable one.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

It was great to get back to one of our home resorts in sunny south Florida, and although the weather wasn't exactly great, the relaxing pace of HBT is always welcomed. One of the nice things about this place is how close you are to some great little outdoor bars and restraunts. The pool bar at HBT with it's lite lunch fare, and tropical drinks make it easy to relax and enjoy the atmosphere. The bldg. is still undergoing it's upgrades and the newer rooms are coming along very nicely. And even though there is work being done, you hardly notice or hear loud sounds while we stayed there. Yva and her staff do a great job with regards to cleanliness, being helpfull, and of course the lunch and drinks. While we didn't get a chance to try their new breakfast, I was told it is very good. As I have said in my previous review back in April 2013, HBT is really a great place to stay, and yes we have stayed in many places all over Florida and the tropics, but HBT and it's proximity to the beautifull beach and ocean is a great way to " Rest & Relax" !!

Room Tip: Bay side high floors has some great views at night !
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Scotty M
Mildred R, Owner Services at Hollywood Beach Tower, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

We’d like to express our gratitude for your recent very positive review. We always strive to make every guest feel “at home” when they spend their vacation with us. Our renovations are proceeding and once completed next year, all of our units will be refreshed and ready to accommodate our guests in style. Please return to us soon so we can again help you to “Rest & Relax”!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We went to this place not expecting too much and was still let down. It was like camping but worse!! The bed was like sleeping and and ancient slab of concrete. I slept on the couch. So much for our romantic get away. The groove where the glass table top fits onto the table it's self was full of crusty food. The ceiling above the window was crumbling. The floor slanted from the kitchen area to the picture window. We were there for 1 week and did not have hot water until 12 hours before we checked out. NO kidding! NO HOT WATER! We heated water to wash with on an old rusty electric stove where they had replaced the burner coils with ones that were to big so the kettle sat so tilted you couldn't even fill them up. And one of the burners didn't even work at all. We did not have a frying pan to make breakfast so I called down and spoke to the front desk and requested one. The gal at the front desk said she would send one right up. Well needless to say we didn't get it until that evening. I called down everyday to check on the hot water and everyday was told that there would be hot water that day. Yeah Right! We ended up going to hotels for 3 of the nights just so we could shower and sleep in a comfortable bed. This place almost ruined our vacation but we didn't let it. We stuck together and put a positive attitude in our minds and enjoyed our every moment out of that place. The only thing this place has going for it is the view!! I have never been more happy and relieved to see something in my review mirror!! NEVER AGAIN.

Room Tip: DON'T go! I would of taken pictures but I just couldn't. I hated every minute I was there!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank dladydi315
Mildred R, Owner Services at Hollywood Beach Tower, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for posting your review. We are disappointed that your stay was not up to your satisfaction as we always try to make every guest feel at home. While it is true that due to an unexpected problem with our boilers we did not have hot water for several days, we did offer to discount the rate for a future stay as compensation. Next week, we are beginning a complete renovation for all of our units, with upgrades to the kitchen (including dish washer), bathrooms (a shower stall in one), along with all of the living room and bedroom furniture. We hope that you will return and visit with us again and let us make your stay an enjoyable one.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here as part of our timeshare exchange. It seems it had been a hotel at one time as our unit was apparently two hotel rooms renovated into a one bedroom, two bath unit. The unit was pleasant enough and met most of my expectations. However, it seems that 'timesharer's' get the least desirable units as far as the view. The view was pleasant enough-at least when it was dark. Otherwise it overlooked the parking garage roof. Beyond that it was pretty even tho it was not the ocean front view though it did have a water view. The parking can be tough but the valet/security are super friendly and helpful. There is parking under the building and a few spots in the parking lot. The front desk staff are courteous and efficient. The front doors lock at a certain time and entrance is obtained with your room key or front desk buzzes you in. It felt safe.The pool area is nice and lunch could be purchased and being only steps from the beach was the best thing! There is a long boardwalk to stroll or bike ride but really not many stores open. The building and unit were pretty clean but it would have been nice if there were some cleaning products so I could clean for the bathrooms to meet my standards. All in all, I would recommend the Hollywood Beach Towers.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mildred R, Owner Services at Hollywood Beach Tower, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Please accept our thanks for taking the time to post your recent review. We are very happy that you had a pleasant time during your stay with us. Please return and visit with us again soon!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

If you want to stay on a beach in Florida Hollywood beach is the place to stay and Hollywood Beach Towers is the resort to stay at. We have stayed on Miami beach before and would much rather stay here the next time we go to Florida. They have a very nice boardwalk right in front of the resort, quite a few good restaurants that are walking distance not even 1/2 a mile from the resort. The resort has free parking that a lot of resorts don't have and this was especially nice on 4th of July because everyone else was having a hard time trying to find places to park in the afternoon. The boardwalk was really busy on that day,packed! had a lot of stuff going on and could see fireworks right from resort :) The bedroom and living room was very spacious. we didn't use the Kitchen because it was just the 2 of us but it seemed very nice if we had the kids with us we would have, The front desk was very friendly and helpful too. very satisfied and will definitely go back !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marlene G
Mildred R, Owner Services at Hollywood Beach Tower, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

We thank you for your very positive review. It is always a pleasure to see a guest so happy with their vacation. Please come back and see us again soon!